Time for a new MK e-ticket?

PhotoDave219

Originally posted by Bill
Perhaps you'd like to know that the rumors are true. WDI does work on Universal Attractions. Hence why those rumors are around. :)

Im sorry, i really dont buy that. Can you provide some supporting sources on that, beyond your 'friend' in WDI?

There are a few things I would like to see happen at the 20k lagoon. Either a totally new sub experience which would mean destroying the old lagoon and starting from strach because it adds so much to fantasyland, or using the space for a new toad attraction using indiana jones ride tech. I don't really like any of the other ideas, sounds like a waste of space, except for the villian land if maybe the idea was reworked a little. It just doesn't seem to fit the park in it's current state. Some one also mentioned earlier about taking out the speedway. I agree. And since tommorrowland is becoming a sci-fi fantasy land, add a tron 2.0 lightcycles ride to that area. That would solve the lack of new e ticket rides. I've always wanted to see a tron ride because both the movie and the game are so visually stuning, whcih is the embodiment of most disney rides(or atleast used to be) instead of cheap thrills. and as far as space mountain goes, i would say update the track, and maybe update some of the other components, but keep it roughly the same. THe problem is all the same attractions are going in all the parks instead having sonething unique. So no paris version please. And someone please respond to my comments because my ideas are always ignored around here. Oh, and with the fire and bald mountains, there are too many mountains already and all the new one probally wouldn't be much different from eachother anyway, although a huge volcano in adventure land would be nifty. I wouldn't mind seeing a generic indy type ride in AL, like a haunted temple or something. All for now.

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Im sorry, i really dont buy that.

Why not? They work per contract. The better deal wins! It seems logical!

And I'm tired of the "WDI created this" theory! Everytime USO does something right it's because of Disney talent! Yeah right..... :rolleyes:

DisneyFan 2000

Originally posted by PeterAlt
Space Mountain is not "fine"! Are you crazy? The tracks have lost their smoothness.

That's why it's still scary! It seems it is about to fall apart any minute! :lol: The exact reason why I like it as much as the Incredible Hulk! *ducks punches and kicks*:lookaroun

PhotoDave219

Despite how the corporate world works, being bottom line driven, why would you help your competition create an attraction that is attempting to take business away from you?

Thats a flawed economic model and i dont believe that WDI has any hand in creating anything at Universal without some sense of proof. I believe that Universal hired former WDI employees to help design their stuff, but i have a hard time believing that WDI would contract with a competitor.

cloudboy

I am always amused by how much interest there is in a Tron ride. Don't get me wrong - I loved the movie, and I think that there are som many things you can do for a ride with that movie. But it was one of the bigger flops Disney made in that era. And up until just a little while ago, it seemed that no one had rememberd it. Why the sudden interest?

As far as the 20k Lagoon goes, I personally think that if they have to tear it down, it might make a good location for a show - something along the lines of Fantasmic.

I wonder of something could be done with the autopia to make it more interesting? Bumper cars, maybee? Some kind of "spacepods" that you pilot around, maybe.

Whatever it is, I would like to see something totally unique, not something that follows the same storyline of a movie or book.

Originally posted by cloudboy
I am always amused by how much interest there is in a Tron ride. Don't get me wrong - I loved the movie, and I think that there are som many things you can do for a ride with that movie. But it was one of the bigger flops Disney made in that era. And up until just a little while ago, it seemed that no one had rememberd it. Why the sudden interest?

I think that it flopped because it was A. ahead of it's time, B. because no one understood what it was, and C. it was done by disney which wasn't nessisarily a good thing. When the anniversary DVD came out, correct me if I'm wrong, but they flew off the shelves, so there is definetly interest. ANd it's such a visually stunning setting, for it not already have a ride is heart breaking. It's more about the thrill of the experience as opposed to the thrill of the ride it self. And I agree about needing to have original attractions that have nothing to do with movies or shows. It's almost an insult to our intelligence to only take popular characters and stories and turn them into rides. Like under new managment, what is that about? What a waste.

Legacy

Originally Posted By PeterAlt-
Also, it is only thrill ride left without an exit photo system... out of all the rides this one needs the photo system the most! I would love to see my party's expressions on their faces as they are screaming in total darkness!!!
Click the link to see what I imagine this on-ride photo op might look like.

Space Mountain On-Ride Photo

:lookaroun

Bill

Account Suspended
You forgot the Space Mountain Catch Phrase!

See the asteroids? They're really giant cookies. Got Milk?

NowInc

Originally posted by PeterAlt
Bill, you seem to have the inside scoop on things. Question: What ever happened to the plans to build Fire Mountain in Adventureland? I know WDI completed design and engineering work, and even surveyed the area where it was going to be built, but Paul Pressler stopped work on it. Now that Pressler has been out for some time, is anyone at WDI thinking about taking these plans off the shelf and proposing it get built?

For those who have no idea what I'm talking about... Fire Mountain was to be an inverted coaster through an errupting volcano, and would have made an excelent backdrop on the 7-Seas Lagoon from the Polynessian!

Fire mountain is FAR from dead actually. Pressler halted (NOT cancelled) it in support of cashing in on a building franchise (stich) and theres no way disney would have invested THAT many man hours/money into a project that wasnt ready to be completed. Id say within the next 3 years :)

As for The harry potter discussion...ITS NEVER GUNNA HAPPEN. If it WAS..you would have already heard an announcment towards it. The 3rd movie is about to be released..and the "future" of the franchise is in limbo...its not certain if any more movies will be made, or if the popularity will rise (in fact...last i heard it was at a slow but steady decline). If they were to announce it TODAY..it would still be too late.

Add to that that Disney does not currently own any rights for harry potter outside of TV rights. If disney DID own theme park rights, youd be able to provide proof of this, since it would be public domain :)

And the whole "WDI does work for univiersal"..eh..wrong. Granted, a LOT (more than a few) of Universals ride team comes from Imagineering, but from FORMER employees..not current ones. It would be a MASSIVE conflict of intrest for disney to allow their own imagineers to work for a local rival park. They DO do contract work, but not for other theme parks. All that would achieve is them losing an overall profit because it would, in theory, take away from their own attendence at WDW.

I really dont know WHERE you are getting your "information" from, but its SEVERELY wrong. ...and i CAN proove it :)

Bill

Account Suspended
Just like when you said there's no way in Hell they could fit Stitch into Alien Encounter, right? :lol:

Don't worry Now, it's all a conspiracy against you...

But seriously, I'm just reporting what I hear. So, take it as you like it. Disprove me all you want. I'm game for anything. lol.

NowInc

Just like when you said there's no way in Hell they could fit Stitch into Alien Encounter, right? :lol:

Don't worry Now, it's all a conspiracy against you...

But seriously, I'm just reporting what I hear. So, take it as you like it. Disprove me all you want. I'm game for anything. lol.

Actually..more accuratly..i said that they would never COMBINE stich with alien encounter. :)

PhotoDave219

Im still waiting for some proof on your claim that WDI contracts with Universal. Youre the one who needs to back up their statements...

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by NowInc
Actually..more accuratly..i said that they would never COMBINE stich with alien encounter. :)

Ah. Totally different then. Sorry about that. My bad.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by PhotoDave219
Im still waiting for some proof on your claim that WDI contracts with Universal. Youre the one who needs to back up their statements...

WDI designed parts of Universal attractions... most of the Universal stuff is done by either Universal Creative or an outside company. WDI does contracted work. The involvement is there. Just not seen. I'm gonna have to get some proof for ya. I'll ask my friend in WDI and see what he can dig up. I'll let ya know when he gets something. :)

NowInc

In case anyone wants to do research on the topic..Universals "imagineering" department is called "Universal Creative"....and they do contract outside their own company for ride designs as well..but have never hired disney

Im thinking a LOT of this confusion comes in with the whole dueling dragons debate..how it was originally designed for Animal Kingdom by Bolliger and Mabillard but was then rejected because of its "high visability" around the park..so they (Bolliger and Mabillard ) sold it off to univerrsal for IOA. This doesnt mean that disney did work for them..

NowInc

WDI designed parts of Universal attractions... most of the Universal stuff is done by either Universal Creative or an outside company. WDI does contracted work. The involvement is there. Just not seen. I'm gonna have to get some proof for ya. I'll ask my friend in WDI and see what he can dig up. I'll let ya know when he gets something. :)

..even tho (and your friend can back this up) it strictly says in the WDI contract that they cannot under any circumstances design rides/attractions for any other amusment company?

The only outside contract work WDI has ever done is for museums or fairs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom