Tilly to replace HM Leota?

TURKEY

Originally posted by HMGhost13
HM has the number 1 spot this weekend. won't stay. doesn't have a strong enough backing to stay at number 1.

Maybe, maybe not number 1. Universal has adjusted numbers for The Cat upward just enough to keep the #1 spot by a couple hundred thousand.

HMGhost13

the info i got came from comingsoon.net

The Coming Soon! Box Office Report has been updated with the studio estimates for the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Be sure to stay tuned there for the final figures on Monday afternoon.

Disney's The Haunted Mansion, starring Eddie Murphy, squeezed out a win over the three-day weekend with an estimated $25.3 million from 3,122 theaters for an average of $8,103 per location. The comedy, based on the studio's theme park ride, has brought in $35 million since opening on Wednesday.

Universal's Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat came in close in the second spot with $24.7 million, a drop of 35.5% in its second weekend. The champ of last week has collected $76.9 million in two weeks.

New Line's unstoppable Elf, with Will Ferrell, gained 18.5% in sales for $22.2 million and third place over the three-day weekend. The blockbuster comedy film has already made $130.1 million and will even surpass The Matrix Revolutions ($133.1 million) this week, which cost five times as much to make.

Halle Berry's Gothika continued to do well adding another $12.71 million in its second weekend for a total of $41.1 million, while Russell Crowe's Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World had almost an identical $12.7 million in its third weekend to bring its total to $67.5 million.

Dimension's new Bad Santa, starring Billy Bob Thornton, performed very well in the sixth spot. The comedy garnered $12.5 million from 2,005 theaters and managed to average $6,227. It has made $16.8 million since its Wednesday debut.

Ron Howard's The Missing, with Tommy Lee Jones and Cate Blanchett, earned $11.7 million from 2,756 theaters for an average of $4,245. The suspense thriller's total sits at $16.5 million for the five days.

Paramount's time-traveling film, Timeline, took in just $8.5 million from 2,787 theaters for a low $3,040 average. The adaptation of Michael Crichton's novel has made $12.6 million since Wednesday.

Click here for the full box office estimates of the top twelve films.

TURKEY

Boxofficemojo.com has Cat #1 and I heard some news broadcast/entertainment show on the radio say that it was virtually a tie once Cat's numbers were readjusted.

TURKEY

Yahoo is also reporting The Cat beat HM.

25.6 million vs. 25.3 million after Universal revised estimates for Cat upward.

It's going to be interesting to see exactly what the final numbers are.

HM has made $35 million in its 5 days.

TURKEY

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
$35 million in the first 5 days? Not bad, but I was hoping for $42.

Yea..I'm a bit disappointed/suprised to see it that low. I thought it would be around $40 million.

T1nker_Bell

I find the idea of Tilly replacing HORRIFYING. Nothing against Tilly, I just find it highly offensive to replace her. Money over tradition, UGH. :( :lookaroun :fork:

DisneyFreak721

I would LOVE to see Disney brass change Leota as played by Audley to Tilly...Why? Because I Thrive on Chaos, and the resulting Mass Protest that would occur would be greatly amusing to me. Even moreso, because I would be part of it. For those of you who thought the replacement of Figment was bad or even Mr. Toad for that matter...that's nothing compared to what would happen if Leota went away.

Tigggrl

Don't you guys ever watch the Behind The Scenes show on E??
She says in that show, that she has a small clause in her contract stating if they ever UPDATE THE RIDE she would POSSIBLY be put in. I took that to mean that if the update it to follow the movie in some way.
They just did a MAJOR rehab and update on it about 2 years ago...so CHILL OUT for crying out loud!
Oh yeah! I saw the movie on monday and I LOVED it!
DEFINATELY a must have on the day of release. The sets are amazing! and I loved the story, and the characters too...

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Hi....my son and I just saw the movie and we loved it.

I don't want to start a revolt here, but I think Tilly did an absolutely wonderful job as Leota. I don't want to see Leota changed, but if they did put Tilly in there, it would not be the end of the world.

While I do believe that some of the classics should stay the classics, I do not think that putting Tilly in the crystal ball would be horrible.

How about changing Leotas from time to time through the day? Part of the day is the old and part is the new. Might be interesting for guests, and it would probably encourage repeat riding to see which Leota would be shown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom