Tilly to replace HM Leota?

bearboysnc

Maybe this is Tilly's way of subtly telling everyone that she thinks the movie is a stinker.

nudge nudge wink wink.

"If HM is a hit, I have it written into my contract that the name in the attraction will be changed to The Haunted Mansion, STARING Meg Tilly"

Shaman

Thats a weird thing to put in a contract...and if its true one has to wonder why in the world Disney signed her for the movie.....maybe they weren't going for huge hit with this movie...

HM I doubt will be a big hit like PotC...while the mansion may get a small rehab after this movie, I doubt you'll see Tilly, Eddie Murphy or any other "new" movie based characters in the ride....but hey lets see what happens...

:rolleyes: :lol:

KevinPage

I love how the article uses a vague term like "hit". what qualifies a movie as a "hit"? Was Matrix REvolutions a "hit" since it brougnt in alot of money (less than they thought it would though) but that film is NOT considered a "hit" by any means.

Typical news media trying to throw something out there for people to chew on

kellydisney

If Jennifer Tilly does become Madame Leota in the ride, it will not be the end all of the HM. I happen to like her acting and she actually has a striking resemblance and you haven't even seen how creepy she can be yet since the movie has not even come out. And also, take everything you read with a grain of salt until you actually see things happen.

imagineer boy

Re: Re: Re: Tilly to replace HM Leota?

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
You're kidding right?

I don't think for a second she would care a bit about becoming the new voice of Madame Leota.

Oh, I just reread the quote from Tilly and I must've reread it wrong. I noticed that she said "but I would rather it was me!"

Ugh, I'm liking her less and less. Meeko, i totally agree with you. She's starting to sound like a spoiled brat.

BwanaBob

Let's see...

Hollywood :hurl: taking over WDW attractions?

...The new HM: Neverland Mansion!

Get on a Doom-buggy and travel through the many rooms in Michael's ranch!

With a next-gen AA of Michael put in place of the bride in the attic!

:lol:

daoVinci

Ugh. Maybe we can reach a compromise.

"Tell you what, Meg. Instead of putting you in the HM, we'll give Celia from Monster's Inc. her own Direct-to-video movie AND a "One Saturday Morning" cartoon series.

You'll be a STAR! Just like that...oh, what's his name... you know, the guy who played Putty on sienfeld and is now the voice of Buzz Lightyear."

Think she'll go for it?

MKCustodial

Hey, don't mess with Patrick Warburton! The man is FUNNY!

And you're the second person here to call her Meg. Why? Isn't her name Jennifer Tilly? :confused:

NemoRocks78

Seized
I just got back from seeing the movie, and though she did do a fine job as Madame Leota, I DO NOT want to see her in the HM as Leota. I was thinking this during the movie actually, but there's no way in hell that i'd let Disney replace the Leota now with her.

disneyisbest

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
Originals are better...Don't change it...It would be a shame, cause that women's voice always freaks me out when i'm on the HM.
I don't want to see it changed. But Jenifer Tilly's voice freaks me out anytime she speaks.:lookaroun

disneyisbest

Originally posted by BwanaBob
Let's see...

Hollywood :hurl: taking over WDW attractions?

...The new HM: Neverland Mansion!

Get on a Doom-buggy and travel through the many rooms in Michael's ranch!

With a next-gen AA of Michael put in place of the bride in the attic!

:lol:

But then little kids couldn't go on the ride. Or if they did they would come out with lawsuits in their hands.:lookaroun

AndyMagic

Umm... everyone is jumping on Jennifers back for no reason. It was in fact written in her contract but it was written into the contract no matter WHO ended up becoming Leota. It wasn't Tilly who said, "I will only do this movie if you put my head in the ride." It was Disney saying, "If you do this movie, you have to agree to put your head in the ride if it is good." Why are we all blaming Tilly? Also, when she says, "I would rather it be me." She means that if it is going to be replaced, (which she said would be ashame) then she would rather her replace it then someone else. Everyone should read things a little more carefully or perhaps read an entire article instead of just an excerpt before passing judgement.

TURKEY

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Umm... everyone is jumping on Jennifers back for no reason. It was in fact written in her contract but it was written into the contract no matter WHO ended up becoming Leota. It wasn't Tilly who said, "I will only do this movie if you put my head in the ride." It was Disney saying, "If you do this movie, you have to agree to put your head in the ride if it is good." Why are we all blaming Tilly? Also, when she says, "I would rather it be me." She means that if it is going to be replaced, (which she said would be ashame) then she would rather her replace it then someone else. Everyone should read things a little more carefully or perhaps read an entire article instead of just an excerpt before passing judgement.

This is the entire text of the article mentioned in the first post of the thread. I have bolded anything that mentions Jennifer Tilly

Hollywood Boulevard looked a lot like Michael Jackson's Thriller video Sunday night as a block of tacky souvenir shops and vagrants were replaced with crypts and decomposing zombies.

To celebrate Wednesday's release of The Haunted Mansion, Disney rolled out a spooky black carpet for the film's stars, Eddie Murphy, Terence Stamp and Jennifer Tilly (news).

Murphy, in good spirits, agreed to talk to the press - on condition that no questions are asked about Jackson, who cast Murphy in his Black or White video in 1994.

Murphy brought three of his kids (he has five), along with their statuesque model mother, Nicole (dressed in knee-high Gucci boots). He defended his many children-targeted film choices (Daddy Day Care, The Nutty Professor, Doctor Dolittle, Shrek and Mulan).

"My family movies have been the most successful," said Murphy, 42. "But I still do stuff like Showtime, Metro, Bowfinger and I Spy to mix it up." His days of raunchy stand-up, however, are probably done.

The two junior actors who play Murphy's Mansion kids said they were treated just like Murphy's own children during the shooting in early 2003.

For Valentine's Day, little Aree Davis received a basket from Murphy filled with candy and teddy bears.

Then last May, Murphy threw 13-year-old Marc John Jefferies a surprise party in the Murphy home, followed by a trip to Niketown to pick out four pairs of shoes and three jumpsuits. Murphy also turned up at Jefferies' stand-up show at an L.A. comedy club on a Saturday night.

Murphy's Mansion co-star, Jennifer Tilly plays Madame Leota - a disembodied head floating in a crystal ball. She negotiated her contract to stipulate that, if the film is a hit, her head and voice would replace the decades-old theme park versions in Disney Haunted Mansion rides.

"It would be a shame," Tilly conceded. "The (original) voice is the same woman who did the voice of the evil queen in Snow White. I hate for tradition to fall by the wayside, but I would rather it was me!"

Tilly is single again after breaking things off with her fiancé, hotel and restaurant designer Dodd Mitchell, three weeks ago.

"It was a quick Hollywood romance," Tilly said. "My new plan is no more relationships - ever. I'll be like Nicole Kidman - my career will soar, fueled by my heartbreak. I'll show everybody!"

Next up for Tilly: the long delayed Child's Play sequel, Seed of Chucky.

With this summer's Pirates of the Caribbean having grossed more than $560 million worldwide, Disney Studios chairman ________ Cook hopes that his company will continue to comb its theme parks for movie ideas. "We're planning to have Pirates 2 ready for 2006," Cook said.

After the screening, guests such as Martin Lawrence and Kill Bill's Vivica A. Fox moved into a breathtaking re-creation of the film's mansion and mausoleum sets erected within an enormous tent behind the theater.

Fox compared the grandeur of the party to one thrown by Murphy years earlier. "I remember when Eddie threw his wife the most incredible baby shower at this huge mansion in Beverly Hills," Fox recalled. "It was Arabic style with belly dancers and must have cost him a million dollars."

Fox says she's dating "someone new" - and the man in question is not "longtime friend" and rapper 50 Cent, a rep said. Fox recently moved into a mansion and probably will adopt kids in the not-so-distant future, she said.

"I'm more of a career woman, so if (pregnancy) doesn't fit into the schedule, I'll just adopt some babies when things slow down for me."

There is nothing in this article that even hints at Disney would have put this into any person's contract. The article states "SHE NEGOTIATED", nothing about Disney.

Andy, I don't see how you can say that Disney put this into any contract. Have you seen something elsewhere that contridicts what is said in this article? I would like to see it posted if so.

I don't have a doubt that she would love to be a replacement if there was to be one. What I do doubt is that she believes it would be a shame if it did happen and it was her that was the replacement.

KevinPage

AndyMagic,

EXCELLENT POINT, and one I didn't think about, but now realize, DUH that makes total sense. Studios and companies put all these sorts of things into contracts, IN CASE they decide in the future, even if they are "pie in the sky" and never come to fruition. They'd rather have it wrapped up in the beginning and not used, then to have to scramble and pay out even bigger $$$$ to someone at a later date.

I bet that there was something in Pirates contract as well, that would give Disney flexibility to use certain actors likenesses in the attraction if they so wished, we just didn't hear anyone mention that in an interview, so our panties (or Fruit of the Looms, or BVD's or Hanes) weren't in a bind

:king:

wdwforus

I saw the movie yesterday with my kids and wife and thought it was real good....not as good as POTC....but still good...Eddie Murphy is just goofy enough to make it funny but not overboard...my kids (9 + 7) actually were a little scared. As far as Jennifer goes she does a good job. As to the matter of her taking over the role in the ride I am sure that Disney laid out specifically what has to happen for the the movie to be considered a "hit". If you read the rest of her quote pertaining to her career she is either 1. completely off her rocker if she thinks she is going to have a career like Nicole Kidman or 2. just having some fun with a moment in the spotlight. I dont think that Disney is going to change anything too soon. It says right in the beginning that the story is "based" on Walt Disney Worlds Haunted Mansion, doesnt mean its exact. We'll just have to wait and see.......

NemoRocks78

Seized
Tilly was on Good Morning America Friday morning, I saw it while I was in the hotel. She said again, If the movie is good, they'll put her head in the ball now occupied by Leota Toombs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom