Tiki Room needs some refurb

imagineer boy

I think if they are neglecting the day to day care of the attraction it could mean a big refurb is on the way.

Hopefully Stitch is being added. :lookaroun

Wow, never said that before. :lol:

Same here. I actually want Stitch put in somewhere.:lol:

Seriously, the Stitch tiki show at TDL is actually pretty good. I think this would be a perfect fix for the tiki room (and give an excuse to get rid of SGE.)

jt04

Same here. I actually want Stitch put in somewhere.:lol:

Seriously, the Stitch tiki show at TDL is actually pretty good. I think this would be a perfect fix for the tiki room (and give an excuse to get rid of SGE.)

I can't stand the way they overuse Stitch but for some odd reason I think putting him in the TR is a brilliant idea. I think it would be evn better if they could program 2 shows, classic and stitch.

But ultimately moving him could enable them to rewrite the Tomorrowland attraction with a more appropriate theme and that would be a definite win-win. IMO.

yeti

I can't understand why TDO wouldn't want to bring back the original. It would be relatively inexpensive, and would attract an even wider audience than the blockbuster numbers the show is lining up now.

What I mean to say is, I think the number of Disney devotees outshines the small amount of tourists who drop by now and then just to escape the heat. Besides, it would give them an excuse to advertise that they are actually doing work in Adventureland. With proper marketing, it could be quite profitable if you ask me.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I think the cheap way to generate interest in the Tiki Room again is to run both the original and new management shows. Run the original in the morning and early afternoon. Somehwere in mid-afternoon, have a special event in the pre-show area involving the handover to new management, and then run "Under New Management" the rest of the day.

Fantasmic!329

Just got home from the World today, and my mom and I were talking about the sad state of the Tiki birds. Zazu appears to have one eye that doesn't function very well. It kind of lolls about in the bottom of its socket in an almost creepy manner. :lookaroun

MarkTwain

I can't understand why TDO wouldn't want to bring back the original. It would be relatively inexpensive, and would attract an even wider audience than the blockbuster numbers the show is lining up now.

What I mean to say is, I think the number of Disney devotees outshines the small amount of tourists who drop by now and then just to escape the heat. Besides, it would give them an excuse to advertise that they are actually doing work in Adventureland. With proper marketing, it could be quite profitable if you ask me.

I really don't get it myself. Restoring the original Tiki Room/Tropical Serenade is undoubtedly one of the easiest changes WDW could do to please its fan base (and just about anyone else who has had to watch UNM). Doing this would allow them to stamp the famous "NEW!" stamp on the park maps, and would freshen up Adventureland for at least a little while. It seems almost as easy as taking down Iago and Zazu and borrowing the soundtrack CD from Disneyland. Why haven't they changed it yet??

gerryu21220

It seems almost as easy as taking down Iago and Zazu and borrowing the soundtrack CD from Disneyland.

They already have the original soundtrack and show program tapes. Both DL and WDW used identical tapes. Really just need someone in California to email them the restored audio tracks and the converted digital programming. The main difference between the two was some of the decor was styled differently and the pre-show was different.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

TDO is notorious for not admitting when they have made a mistake. They will justify their moves by whatever means to make themselves look good for corporate and the stockholders.

puntagordabob

For those of you who have noticed show problems, write to guest relations and let them know. If they realize that guests are noticing, more chance of it getting fixed. Don't go on a rant about bringing the old show back though, because your comments will get lost.

I actually believe they are hearing "Bring the Disneyland version to WDW" so much these days that it actually IS being read and I believe whole heartedly that one day TDO will surprise all of you and do exactly that! I think TDO is slowly turning toward being more like TDA, I dont expect miracles over night...but I have faith!

the Stitch tiki show at TDL is actually pretty good. I think this would be a perfect fix for the tiki room (and give an excuse to get rid of SGE.)

Stitch at the TDL Tiki Room is not that great to be honest.... the one Aloha song is great though...perhaps the exit song could be that! :)

They already have the original soundtrack and show program tapes. Both DL and WDW used identical tapes. Really just need someone in California to email them the restored audio tracks and the converted digital programming. The main difference between the two was some of the decor was styled differently and the pre-show was different.

I'll gladly pay the Federal Express postage....

TDO is notorious for not admitting when they have made a mistake. They will justify their moves by whatever means to make themselves look good for corporate and the stockholders.

They can market it however they wish.... I have no problem with them "saving face".... but I do want to see them "Give Jose Back His Show!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom