Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

Figment82

I had never heard of such a thing so I just googled "huitlacoche". Oh. My. Word. Why? Why did I do that?! :hungover: Now I know what I will never ever order at Tiffins. It may be a delicacy, but I can not unsee what I just saw. Ugh, thank you all, for prodding my curiousity, lol!

jaklgreen

I had never heard of such a thing so I just googled "huitlacoche". Oh. My. Word. Why? Why did I do that?! :hungover: Now I know what I will never ever order at Tiffins. It may be a delicacy, but I can not unsee what I just saw. Ugh, thank you all, for prodding my curiousity, lol!

Gross, right? I eat a lot of weird stuff but that is one thing that will never pass my lips.

Sans Souci

Huitlacoche is supposed to taste like mushrooms or truffles, which are fungi as well. I admit it's not the prettiest looking thing, but I would try this. I have a soft spot for mushrooms, but I know some people loathe them. I know Rick Bayless serves them in tacos in one of his restaurants. :)

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, May 9. Architectural details being added to exterior. Notice the animal carving at the apex of the roof line at the entrance.

IMG_7831.JPG

gmajew

Premium Member
When will they start taking reservations? Trying to plan our trip and left a night open for either Star Wars fire works or animal kingdom show but nothing is getting done in time.

cindy_k

Awesome! I am going to be at Disney on Memorial day weekend for my birthday. This will make a nice dinner stop if I can get reservations.

cornandacobb

Well....no Tiffins reservations as of yet. Checked live at midnight last night and again this AM. Maybe it will follow the Soarin FPs and hit the ground running sometime in the afternoon.

dreamfinder

Do reservations start 5/20? Midnight tonight?

The original blog post with that date simply said more information will be made available on 5/20 on the blog. Typically ADRs don't start for a month or two after a new restaurant opens. That lets them work out any capacity issues, get a handle on turn around times, etc.

The blog posting today indicates
Reservations will open tomorrow, May 21 for Tiffins restaurant as well as Dining Packages for The Jungle Book: Alive With Magic nighttime show, and can be made by visiting DisneyWorld.com/dine or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
personally I'd be shocked if they open alot at the beginning, or even any that are beyond the dining package. It's just hard to guess flow and turnover at open.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Prices for appetizers range from $11 for the Black-Eyed Pea Fritters to $16 for the Grilled Octopus. Entrees range in price from $29 for the Roasted Market vegetable Curry to $53 for the Wagyu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib. Desserts are between $9 and $12.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom