Tiffins - A new table service restaurant coming to Discovery Island at Disney's Animal Kingdom

No Name

Yeah....this looks like $21 worth of food. What a joke! o_O

Josh's picture

C'mon, that can't be real... Is that seriously the amount of food they're giving? That's just rediculous. Beyond rediculous. As in, they are going to have many unhappy customers, and deservedly so.

I looked at some other pictures on Twitter and the portions for other menu options aren't as totally pathetic, but they're still terrible. There's a fine line between "fine dining" (where people expect high prices) and this.

So yes... what a joke. I too was expecting high prices. I was planning to try the place out on my next trip, knowing I'd be paying more than I would be for a meal elsewhere. But I'm not willing to throw my money in the trash.

Seeing pictures of the place on here will fill my appetite more than three bite-sized pieces ever could.

Cletus

C'mon, that can't be real... Is that seriously the amount of food they're giving? That's just rediculous. Beyond rediculous. As in, they are going to have many unhappy customers, and deservedly so.

I looked at some other pictures on Twitter and the portions for other menu options aren't as totally pathetic, but they're still terrible. There's a fine line between "fine dining" (where people expect high prices) and this.

So yes... what a joke. I too was expecting high prices. I was planning to try the place out on my next trip, knowing I'd be paying more than I would be for a meal elsewhere. But I'm not willing to throw my money in the trash.

Seeing pictures of the place on here will fill my appetite more than three bite-sized pieces ever could.

Here are your 3 wings for $10....courtesy of Josh.

gmajew

Yeah....this looks like $21 worth of food. What a joke! o_O

Josh's picture

What menu item is this? I just looked online and do not see any appetizer that is anything like this. Dont even see wings on the menu based on his other photo....

edit looked at tiffins menu this is for Nomads....

Seared Wagyu Beef
with Ponzu and Chili Salt

$21.00

The price is actually not bad for what the cost of this product is 50-80 per lb.

Last edited:

gmajew

Wagyu Beef typically goes for 50-80 per lb depending on discount and buying power... So the steak price is not high but not horrible as there Strip lion meal is $53.

gmajew

This place is going to need a fourth dollar sign...

I could not be a waiter here, because I would be too embarrassed to put the plate on the table.

This price is high chicken wings depending on the size of the wing is typically $2 - $3 a lb for jumbo wings. Buffalo Wild Wings uses the small wings and they get more wings per lb. Jumbo wings get you 4-6 wings per lb. I budget 6 wings per lb for my jumbo wings in my establishments. With that being said I price 6 wings at 8.99.

So this dish is high for sure... Now Indian Butter is not a cheap sauce but does not warrant that price point.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
This price is high chicken wings depending on the size of the wing is typically $2 - $3 a lb for jumbo wings. Buffalo Wild Wings uses the small wings and they get more wings per lb. Jumbo wings get you 4-6 wings per lb. I budget 6 wings per lb for my jumbo wings in my establishments. With that being said I price 6 wings at 8.99.

So this dish is high for sure... Now Indian Butter is not a cheap sauce but does not warrant that price point.
I do agree with you there. The chicken wings are a bit on the high side.

Cletus

You get 3 wings for $10, 2 tiny fish balls with 2 peppers for $8 and what appears to be 2 or 3 ribs for $10. Yes, the beef is Wagyu (American, I'm sure). I've had it. That plate is not worth $21.

Oh...and here is your $10 Dessert "sampler". What is that? A Twix bar and colored Hershey kiss? LOL

prfctlyximprct

Wow, I live in the tristate area and those prices seem nothing out of the norm. I don't understand how people complain that they want more diverse food selections that differ from the usual theme park fair, and then come on here and complain. If you want a freaking chicken nugget go to mcdonalds on your way in to the park. I really just can't even....

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Wow, I live in the tristate area and those prices seem nothing out of the norm. I don't understand how people complain that they want more diverse food selections that differ from the usual theme park fair, and then come on here and complain. If you want a freaking chicken nugget go to mcdonalds on your way in to the park. I really just can't even....
Yes, but you're talking to the McDonalds crowd here who seem to compare Disney prices to a Big Mac.

gmajew

You are exactly right the prices are for the most part right in line for most major market areas. Unless you go in of the blue plate special these prices are about 10-15% higher then norm on most items for most major markets...

Disney Analyst

Completely agree.. This looks like any normal fine dining restaurant that you'd find in any major city in the world.... Of course the prices are Theme Park prices, but they aren't that far off.

It's like people expect Disney to create unique, high class dining for the price of Mcdonalds..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom