Tiering is Down (Broken?)

FYI, today was able to change experiences at Epcot to select both TT and Soarin. Not sure if this was intentional or not, though, as going in to select all new experiences still has tiers.

Interesting, I just logged on the website, and although I can not select two Tier 1 attractions to start, it did let me change a tier 2 attraction to a tier one attraction....HOWEVER....I think it is glitching right now because I subsequently cancelled all 3 selections for the day but they continue to show on my reservations even though the cancellation option is no longer available saying I have no FP+ for that day.

***update - it took a few minutes to cancel (in the past its been immediate) but I was able to do the same for DHS for a couple weeks out. I have both TSMM and R&R. Guess I'm going to DHS in a couple weekends!

Weather_Lady

FYI, today was able to change experiences at Epcot to select both TT and Soarin. Not sure if this was intentional or not, though, as going in to select all new experiences still has tiers.

Thanks for the tip! My 60-day window hasn't opened yet, but I hope that it stays this way...

I went in and was able to change our upcoming trip fastpass+ reservations: several tier 2 to tier 1 so I have a nice evening in Epcot planned now, thanks for the heads up! I am hoping this is a test and not a glitch. It may well be a glitch because I see my changes in some views online and not others. Specifically, I can see the changes in MyDisneyExperience list. However, when I look at My Reservations and go day by day, all my reservations for the first day are being replicated for every day of our stay, which of course is not good. I have not looked at the app, because our trip is after DST and all those times are incorrectly showing an hour early anyway on the apps. (Disney says they are aware of this problem.) I am going to check back in several hours and see how it shook out.

disney4life2008

I just tried to do it and its still showing tiers. Just be very cautious that if it is a glitch - you may loose your FP+ reservations. As a suggestion - screen shot or save your selections as a back up because if its a glich they may not honor it day of

I just tried to do it and its still showing tiers. Just be very cautious that if it is a glitch - you may loose your FP+ reservations. As a suggestion - screen shot or save your selections as a back up because if its a glich they may not honor it day of

The tiers are still there when you make your initial selections, but when you 'change the experience' to swap a tier 2 for a tier 1, it still works. Just tested it again.

2014-02-11_125030.jpg

Disneyfamily4

I just did it and it worked. Modify just one tier 2 ride, change experience and you will have the option to switching it with a tier 1 ride.

orky8

Original Poster
What is interesting is tiering still seems to be partially in place in that I can only get 2 tier 1 attractions. In other words, I can exchange one of my tier 2 attractions for a tier 1 attractions, but I can't change the remaining tier 2 attraction out of tier 2.

Disneyfamily4

I don't think it is a glitch. It could be a perk for resort guests not having to be tiered anymore. You can also change and have two tier one rides in Hollywood studios as well.

ParentsOf4

Just so everyone knows, there were a number of software updates earlier today for both My Disney Experience and DVC Member services.

I've been asking around but, so far, no one I've contacted knows of any official policy change regarding tiering.

One thing to be aware of is that Disney has been listening and is aware that most WDW guests think tiering absolutely sucks.

orky8

Original Poster
Just so everyone knows, there were a number of software updates earlier today for both My Disney Experience and DVC Member services.

I've been asking around but, so far, no one I've contacted knows of any official policy change regarding tiering.

One thing to be aware of is that Disney has been listening and is aware that most WDW guests think tiering absolutely sucks.

Then build some more rides ;)

This might be it....didn't the MDE app just update for iPhones today? Unfortunately since it still limits one Tier 1 selection at time of reservation, it must not be working as intended for changing a Tier 2 into a Tier 1.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom