Tiering is Down (Broken?)

orky8

Original Poster
They could solve a big chunk of the tiering problem by cloning TSM and Soarin'. (Both have been considered but, as far as I know, neither is moving forward.)

Cloning those rides seems like a no-brainer to me. Even with Disney's penchant for ridiculous overspending, neither ride is particularly advanced or complicated and should be able to be duplicated for very little money. Aside from the ride systems, both are essentially just warehouses with a projection screens - how much could that possibly cost? And, they both are easily changed with new movies/programming down the line, allowing two separate rides, if desired.

What is interesting is tiering still seems to be partially in place in that I can only get 2 tier 1 attractions. In other words, I can exchange one of my tier 2 attractions for a tier 1 attractions, but I can't change the remaining tier 2 attraction out of tier 2.
I did that this morning. I had Soaring, Nemo and Spaceship Earth and exchanged Nemo and Earth for Test Track and Marlstrom. Isn't Maelstrom a Tier 1?

Cloning those rides seems like a no-brainer to me. Even with Disney's penchant for ridiculous overspending, neither ride is particularly advanced or complicated and should be able to be duplicated for very little money. Aside from the ride systems, both are essentially just warehouses with a projection screens - how much could that possibly cost? And, they both are easily changed with new movies/programming down the line, allowing two separate rides, if desired.
I agree. i would think that a great deal of the cost in inception and development

orky8

Original Poster
I did that this morning. I had Soaring, Nemo and Spaceship Earth and exchanged Nemo and Earth for Test Track and Marlstrom. Isn't Maelstrom a Tier 1?

Interesting, because this morning I changed SSE for Soarin, but this afternoon, when I tried to change Turtle Talk for Maelstrom, I couldn't.

orky8

Original Poster
Maybe it is a glitch and it is now fixed?

Yeah, but I could still go to my DHS FP and trade one of my tier 2s for RnRC, so, I dunno. Whatever this is, I don't think it is intentional, but I'm glad, because I'm all set for now (though Maelstrom would be nice to add, instead of Turtle Talk)

Not only that but Disney Hipster on twitter is reporting that Disney is testing additional FP+ once you've used your first 3 FP+

https://twitter.com/DisneyHipsters/status/433241345537605632/photo/1

@DisneyHipsters
BREAKING: Disney World Is now testing FP+ without the three FP limitation as of today...

BgMutUcIIAALmEv.jpg
That would be awesome. However, the strategy them would be to schedule FPP earlier in the day so as to use them up earlier? I have been going with the strategy of booking FPP in the afternoon or evening and using RD to manage morning lines for our upcoming trip

Yeah, but I could still go to my DHS FP and trade one of my tier 2s for RnRC, so, I dunno. Whatever this is, I don't think it is intentional, but I'm glad, because I'm all set for now (though Maelstrom would be nice to add, instead of Turtle Talk)
Me too. I've got a great first afternoon/evening set at Epcot on our arrival day, which will set a good tone for our stay I hope!

LucyK

That would be awesome. However, the strategy them would be to schedule FPP earlier in the day so as to use them up earlier? I have been going with the strategy of booking FPP in the afternoon or evening and using RD to manage morning lines for our upcoming trip
This was my plan as well!

One thing to consider is just WHAT will be available to book day off and if you'll be able to book a FP+ for a ride you rode with FP+ early on that day.

Also, just how many more FP+ will this give you? You'll be able to select 3 more attractions or will this be a one at a time deal?

orky8

Original Poster
Update - I was able to select three tier 1 attractions, but before I could select Maelstrom, I had to move my FP to after 11 (when world showcase is open). After that, I could then change my experience to Maelstrom. I guess that makes sense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom