Tickets and Magical Express?

scoop

I'm heading to Disney in November? Anyone know where I can get gd ticket deals?

How about this Magical Express I'm hearing about? I booked it with our vacation but anyone have an opinion on how its working out?

natalia1681

Magical Express is great. It seems to be running pretty smoothly and I really enjoyed it last year. I'll be using it again in less than 2 WEEKS!!!

Plus, it's free and you can't really beat that:lol:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

When you say tickets I am assuming that you mean Theme park passes for Disney?? If so, stick to either Disney themselves or Maple Leaf Tickets, or DWTickets who are sponsors of this site. Anything that seems to be too good to be true probably is!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

scoop

Original Poster
All Star Sports

Thanks I'll check out the suggested retailers for the park passes. I can't wait to go!

All Star Sports? Anyone stayed there? I'm reading alot of mixed reviews online?

Upvote 0

shoppingnut

DME worked fine, I used it a few times this year already and have had no complaints.

Stick with the three ticket vendors that wannabebelle mentioned, they are reputable. There are too many scammers out there and this is a very important piece of the vacation at WDW, you don't want to have to pay for tickets twice because the ones you bought were no good.

Upvote 0

kennygman

DME worked great for us and it was FREE. We've stayed at ASSP twice and found it to be the best bus service of the all stars. They pick up first and drop off first when the buses are running together. The theming is fun, but not Disney, just sports. Good variety of food in the food court and the staff was great. Our room lock was broken, so they called maintenance a CM overheard and went and made 3 different balloon animals for the kids.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I wasnt wowed by the All Star Sports. It isnt a bad resort it just needs a lot of TLC to bring it back. I would imagine with a lot of sports groups etc staying there it is tough to get all the cosmetic stuff done on all of the rooms. My first choice for the Value Level would be Pop Century. Belle

Upvote 0

KICKYPANTS

Just returned from WDW for the very first time. We did not use Magical Express...however...while we were there, I did not hear one good comment about it. Many people get so upset that they just get a cab for the ride back to the airport.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Well I cant speak for the people you spoke with but i can tell you I have used DME quite a few times since its inception last year and havent had ANY problems with it at all. I used it way back in the early days when it was still super brand new ( Literally about 20 days after the first runs!!) and it was fine. It blows away Mears and with the price being included in your resort accomodations I cant see how much of a problem it was!!! an you be more specific as to what people didnt like about it or what problems they had?? Marie

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

The two times I have used Magical express I have had no problems at all.
I know that when my sister-in-law came on a trip with us she had an issue about not getting her luggage till the next day, but that was because her flight got in around 8 in the evening and they didn't tell her that she might not get her luggage till the next morning so she didn't pack any extra clothes for her or her daughter in her carry-on stuff. Other than that though- I haven't had any issues or problems with them. Free transportation is always nice especially since we tend to stay on Disney property for our whole trip.

Upvote 0

kngjms

We used DME during the first few months of it starting last May 2005. It is free and you can't beat that. But given my experience there is some expectations that you should set. Your luggage may arrive a lot later than you will, so be aware.

Upvote 0

peemagg

If you want to have your luggage with you that evening since you are arriving late, don't put the tickets on your luggage. Just pick them up at baggage claim and put them on the DME busses when you check in with them. They won't have a problem with that.

Upvote 0

goofyfamily

Stayed at Sports last year and staying again this year. It is fine, no problems. The same as all the other values. We stayed at Pop the first year it opened and it was nice , but nothing greater than any of the All Stars. We are leaving in 2 weeks, and the boys picked Sports again. Magical express worked great last year and cant wait to use again. Just remember, your bags will not get there for a couple of hours. We usually check in go to the room freshen up and head out. When you get back they will be there. If you really need something pack a carry on. This year due to the airline restrictions I dont think we will even take a carry on.

Upvote 0

figmentmom

Our daughter and son-in-law used DME in July when they stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge, and they were very happy with it. (I figure if things go that smoothly in July, when things are extremely busy, they must be fairly efficient!) ;)

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

Here's my 2 cents, DME in the mid to late evening, if you want your bags when you check in do not put the DME tags on your luggage, just pick up the bags at the carosel and take them to the bus yourself. Then they arrive with you, as to All Star Sports, it's a nice theme and as for the bus to the parks, they pickup first and drop off first so you'll never really have to worry about seats when they show up, or wait til they get to your resort to get off at the end of the day, but for my taste POP has it's own buses.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom