Ticket Question

wdwmomof3

We are going to Disney World the week of Thanksgiving and my daughter is going to be in the parade that Thursday. We check in on the Saturday before and I have tickets for all of us for the full week. With the All American Cheer package that she gets (paid for through them) includes a one day park ticket, and I do not need it.

My question is, will Disney give me a Disney credit for the ticket? My guess is no and I am stuck with it. What would you do? Disney suggested that I lower my park tickets down to two or three day passes until we get there and then add more days to each ticket as needed. This seems like a major pain to me, plus my biggest thing is getting my money back from that single day ticket.

I'm open for suggestions please!! What would you do?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If it's a comp ticket, it has no monetary value. The only use it has is for someone who only intends to go for one day. You can save a little by reducing your bought tickets by a day, but after three days' the cost of an extra day is negligible.

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Thank you!!

I'm not sure what kind of ticket it is. I bought a package for her for $385. And it includes one ticket, the cheerleading outfit and one dinner. I guess I need to ask someone who went last year to see, and find out when they got them. It's not a big deal, but if I can save myself any money at all it would be nice.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Do you go to WDW every year, or otherwise plan to go again after this trip? If so, can you just hold on to that ticket and use it next time?

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
Do you go to WDW every year, or otherwise plan to go again after this trip? If so, can you just hold on to that ticket and use it next time?

I may just do that. I'm just looking for a way to save now but saving for a future trip is fine too!! :)

Upvote 0

SMS55

If it's a comp ticket, it has no monetary value. The only use it has is for someone who only intends to go for one day. You can save a little by reducing your bought tickets by a day, but after three days' the cost of an extra day is negligible.

Not necessarily. A few years ago when Disney had the "give a day, get a day "promotion we volunteered and got our voucher for a day. We applied that one day towards the purchase of a four day Florida Play 4 pass plus hopper. They applied the value of a one day ticket towards the Play 4 pass and ended up paying like $50 per person. It was $200 for the 4 of us.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Not necessarily. A few years ago when Disney had the "give a day, get a day "promotion we volunteered and got our voucher for a day. We applied that one day towards the purchase of a four day Florida Play 4 pass plus hopper. They applied the value of a one day ticket towards the Play 4 pass and ended up paying like $50 per person. It was $200 for the 4 of us.

You got a voucher for a one-day ticket. I led by saying "If it's a comp ticket...", that's the difference. Most events that get free admissions get comp tickets, not vouchers

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

Original Poster
You got a voucher for a one-day ticket. I led by saying "If it's a comp ticket...", that's the difference. Most events that get free admissions get comp tickets, not vouchers

This is not free admission though. I'm paying for her package that includes her ticket through UCA All American. That's the only was I could get her in to do it. Most everyone is staying at CSR, but since we are booked already and we will be there the weekend ahead she let me do a commuters package for my daughter. The ones staying at CSR pay more and get a four day ticket.

I appreciate all of your help. I will call on Monday and ask about the tickets.

Upvote 0

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This is not free admission though. I'm paying for her package that includes her ticket through UCA All American. That's the only was I could get her in to do it. Most everyone is staying at CSR, but since we are booked already and we will be there the weekend ahead she let me do a commuters package for my daughter. The ones staying at CSR pay more and get a four day ticket.

Calling is your best bet. Sounds like a very fun trip though!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

OK, if it's a package deal that includes tickets, you should be able to upgrade them at some point. If you will have the tickets before you go, your best approach would be to cancel the tickets on your own booking and upgrade the one from her package when you get there to cover the whole trip.

If you're current reservation is a package that has free dining or some other benefit you don't want to lose, you would be better to save the ticket she gets and apply it to a future trip [one that isn't a package]. Basically, any combination of two tickets for less than ten days total is wasteful.

For example:

Her package ticket has a value of a four-day hopper: $360
The tickets in your own package a 8-day hoppers: $402

If you reduce her ticket on your package by four days so she's using both you only save $42. If you don't use her package ticket, you have an un-used ticket for a future trip worth $360. If you cancel the tickets on your reservation [if you don't have free dining or whatever else], you would buy your tickets separately for the same cost and upgrade her package ticket for $42.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom