Ticket Prices Going Up?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The only thing I've seen was from MouseSavers:

Ticket Prices Expected to Go Up on Sunday

For the past several years Walt Disney World and Disneyland ticket prices have gone up on the first Sunday in August. Now is the time to purchase tickets for upcoming trips!

* Walt Disney World Magic Your Way tickets won't expire until you start using them, so you can buy them years in advance if you wish. For great prices on WDW tickets, check out the MouseSavers exclusive prices at Undercover Tourist:
http://tinyurl.com/lrtaxe

* Regular Disneyland (California) tickets currently being sold are valid for first use by January 3, 2011. If you're traveling before that time, you can get discounted prices on your tickets from ARES Travel. For details, visit
http://www.mousesavers.com/dltickets.html#ares

hokielutz

Usually there is some sort of an warning that gets "leaked out" before the price increases. The MouseSavers notification is just a reminder of the action that Disney has taken the last couple of years at this time of the year.

I'm skeptical on whether they will raise prices this year since nothing has come out.

wdwfan22

Does a ticket price increase affect people who have a package reservation (resort & park tickets) and have not paid it yet?

Thanks!

I may be wrong on this but it was my understanding that the deposit only locks in the room portion price and not the features/tickets.

WendyTinkerbell

Original Poster
Yea, I saw the Mouse Savers thing, but no confirmation. Last year I believe that there was a posting on here a few days before the price increase, so I was wondering if anyone had any confirmation this year?

luvlifeinfl

I was told by a travel agent that they go up at midnight tonight, I went on line purchased mine for our Aug. trip, but then I heard it is the following weekend. So :shrug: not sure who is telling the truth, but hey I wont be caught of guard if they do.

NattyBumppo

I may be wrong on this but it was my understanding that the deposit only locks in the room portion price and not the features/tickets.

I think you're right. I just finished paying for my tickets online and in the purchase agreement it states that prices are subject to change until the package is paid in full.

I just called Disney and the CM said that once you have a reservation the price and discounts (if you have any) are locked in even if you only paid the deposit and did not pay in full yet. She also said that there is no price increase tomorrow. They have been getting tons of calls from people asking about this today. She said that at the end of August they will be announcing an increase for 2011 and added that the prices they have now are good till December 31, 2010.

prberk

I just called Disney and the CM said that once you have a reservation the price and discounts (if you have any) are locked in even if you only paid the deposit and did not pay in full yet. She also said that there is no price increase tomorrow. They have been getting tons of calls from people asking about this today. She said that at the end of August they will be announcing an increase for 2011 and added that the prices they have now are good till December 31, 2010.

That's a pretty bold assertion. I guess we will find out in an hour or two (or tomorrow morning) whether it is true.

sbkline

I think you're right. I just finished paying for my tickets online and in the purchase agreement is states that prices are subject to change until the package is paid in full.

If you went online and ordered tickets only and paid for them in full, then that's how much those tickets are going to cost you. Even if prices of tickets do go up, you're not going to have to pay a difference when you try to use them at the gate.

Now the thing is, you can't book a package without purchasing tickets as part of that package. So the tickets you bought last night cannot become part of a package that you book for next year. You will have to buy a minimum of a one day ticket in order to get a package for 2011, and the ticket that you buy as part of that package will be under 2011 prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom