Ticket prices going up?

sbkline

I think we agree more than disagree..:)
And i also agree that disney shouldnt and i dont think will become un affordable to the majority of "middle class" travelers.
As of now though, I think a vacation to Disney is VERY affordable compared to other destinations for the same given time period.

I think so, too. :wave:

DisneyJoe

The country club elite probably go to Europe or Hawaii or someplace other than Disney,

Someone books those $1800++ PER NIGHT suites at the Disney deluxe resorts, and they are usually booked solid - all year long, not to mention the $3000-$5000 per person (for first 2 passengers) Category 1-3 suites on the Disney Cruise line that sell out on the first day prices are available.....

But I agree, this is not the majority of Disney's business.....

nibblesandbits

I think we agree more than disagree..:)
And i also agree that disney shouldnt and i dont think will become un affordable to the majority of "middle class" travelers.
As of now though, I think a vacation to Disney is VERY affordable compared to other destinations for the same given time period.
Actually, I agree with your last statement, Disney is still very affordable. I am by no means rolling in the dough...however, I just cancelled a trip to Cali for a week (with free hotel rooms b/c my husband works for a hotel) b/c even with the free hotel rooms, the trip would have been way more than a Disney World vacation.

Therefore, we are now taking a trip a little later in the month to DW...plain and simple. DW is affordable.

Do I hate the prices keep going up? Yes...Who wouldn't? However, dollar for dollar, Disney still makes sense.

Roxas

The weakness of the dollar means that DisneyWorld (and america in general) are highly affordable compared to previous years for people in the UK and EuroZone.

CTXRover

Its official, price increases go into effect Sunday.

Article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...-disney-price-increase-080108,0,2299675.story

One day park ticket increases from $71 to $75.00

Magic your way tickets increase from 5 to 8% depending on how many days are on the ticket. A 10 day ticket still breaks down to $23.70 a day, which is up 5%.

The park hopper option add-on increases from $45.00 to $50.00 while the water park fun and more option remains the same price at $50.

If you're planning on going soon, buy your tickets tonight or tomorrow before the increase goes into effect :)

EPCOT Explorer

Article: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...-disney-price-increase-080108,0,2299675.story

Magic your way tickets increase from 5 to 8% depending on how many days are on the ticket. A 10 day ticket still breaks down to $23.70 a day, which is up 5%.

The park hopper option add-on increases from $45.00 to $50.00 while the water park fun and more option remains the same price at $50.

If you're planning on going soon, buy your tickets tonight or tomorrow before the increase goes into effect :)

I am SO happy I bought my tics today!
:sohappy:

Any idea what the AAA discount would be?

mousefan1972

Thanks for posting that. :wave:

Does anyone know how to find out how much the increase for AP's will be? Trying to decide if I should buy one now for DS (he turns 3 on Tuesday) or wait until we are there in Dec.

EpcotCenter82

Here are the new prices:

1 day = $75
2 day = $149
3 day = $212
4 day = $218
5 day = $222
6 day = $225
7 day = $228
8 day = $231
9 day = $234
10 day = $237

Park Hopper option increases from $45 to $50
Water Park option stays at $50
Parking increases to $12 per day

EpcotCenter82

Forgot to add non-expiration option:

2 day = $17
3 day = $23
4 day = $50
5 day = $70
6 day = $80
7 day = $110
8 day = $145
9 day = $170
10 day = $200

nibblesandbits

Thanks for posting that. :wave:

Does anyone know how to find out how much the increase for AP's will be? Trying to decide if I should buy one now for DS (he turns 3 on Tuesday) or wait until we are there in Dec.
That's what I was curious about...there was no mention of AP prices going up...are they?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom