Ticket prices going up?

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
Original Poster
In a letter I received from mousesavers there is a strong rumour that ticket prices will go up on Sun.Aug.3,2008, just to let you all know.

sbkline

If true, all the more reason to reject the premise that the cut of Fantasmic down to 2 days is because of a major decline (or projected decline) in attendance. Laws of supply and demand (of which I am sure WDW is well aware) are that you raise prices when there is a demand for your product and you can get as much as you can out of your product because of that demand, and that when demand drops, and your product isn't selling, you lower price in order to sell your product.

New2WDW

I am really surprised there is a rumor of a ticket price increase with the economy problems and supposed travel reductions by the American public. I would have thought Disney would have kept things at bay or even offer some additional incentives to travel to WDW beyond what they have done earlier this year. Oh well we will see how much they increase this time. :shrug:

MousDad

If true, all the more reason to reject the premise that the cut of Fantasmic down to 2 days is because of a major decline (or projected decline) in attendance.

Whew, that makes me feel much better, now that I know they simply want to charge me more for less in return.

bgraham34

Their cost for everything has gone up as well. They need to make a profit to stay in the game. But I would think certainly they would offer more dining deals in the future to at least get people into the park.

sbkline

Their cost for everything has gone up as well. They need to make a profit to stay in the game. But I would think certainly they would offer more dining deals in the future to at least get people into the park.

If they were worried at all about getting people into the park, I don't think they would be raising prices. You raise prices when you already have people coming into the park and there is a demand. Then you raise prices to get more out of those people. When you're worried about getting people into the park, you don't raise prices (thereby giving people even more reason not to come). You lower prices so as to create a demand and entice people to come, who otherwise might not come.

disney9752

it is usual for wdw to increase prices at least once a year even during rough times. back in late 01 they raised prices, but were running some great specials for fl residents, it was like $99 for 4 days i think. in early 93 when illuminations & spectro magic were on alternating nights, tickets were still high, but again fl residents had some great deals. i seem to think in early 96 there was a one day park hopper for fl residents for $28, wow was mk packed for spectro every night, they had to open backstage main street with the huge crowds. i will say we should stop crying that fantasmic is not an everynight event for a while, hope that spectro is not cut to much during the off season, or wishes. for MANY years illuminations WAS THE ONLY night time entertainment at the parks.

Richie248

That is a valid point, raising prices at this point in the game is something Disney wouldn't do unless they had to. They are paying more for everything just like we are, except on a larger scale. I'll guess I'll have to wait and see how much more money I will need for my January vacation! We can't dwell on the cut backs, we just have to deal with them. I trust Disney knows what they are doing and if the worst case scenario is a few added dollars and having to choose between 2 performances of Fantasmic, I'm fine with that. In the end I don't think these changes should but a damper on anyones vacation. Just a few thoughts...

hokielutz

So this means I have one week to by an AP voucher ticket at the current rates. I was expecting this to come around soon, but I hoped it would be delayed until October.
Oh well.:shrug:

hokielutz

Does anyone know how soon one can renew an AP? Mine expires 9/21 and would like to renew before the price increase.

Your best bet is to call them and find out. I wouldn't think they would object to you purchasing your renewal ahead of schedule.
More cash sooner for them equals a better cash flow on their business statements.

New2WDW

Anyone know how much they are increasing?:veryconfu

Do not know for sure but the past increases for a single day ticket were something like...
$5 in 2005
$7.25 in 2006
$4 in 2007

Keep in mind they have already increased the special ticket events by quite a leap as well!

Timmay

Laws of supply and demand (of which I am sure WDW is well aware) are that you raise prices when there is a demand for your product and you can get as much as you can out of your product because of that demand, and that when demand drops, and your product isn't selling, you lower price in order to sell your product.
That is too simplistic. Many industries and companies see less demand (like the airlines and oil companies today) yet raise prices. It is much more complicated than you make it out ot be.

If true, all the more reason to reject the premise that the cut of Fantasmic down to 2 days is because of a major decline (or projected decline) in attendance.
Nonsense. WDW even raised ticket prices during the hard times after 9-11. Lower prices will come through packages/deals to folks in Florida or where people are not effected by the weak dollar.

Captain Chaos

Does anyone know how soon one can renew an AP? Mine expires 9/21 and would like to renew before the price increase.

Usually 1 month prior to expiration.... My AP expired on May 20th... I had to wait until April 20th before I could renew... But, still, call and ask, just to be on the safe side.

bgoebel

How's this work if you have a vacation package (already paid the deposit)?? Am I locked in to my MYW prices and won't see an increase in my total package price??? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer.

bears163

How's this work if you have a vacation package (already paid the deposit)?? Am I locked in to my MYW prices and won't see an increase in my total package price??? Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer.

No you will not have to pay more for your tickets.

coachz

Clockwork

If true, all the more reason to reject the premise that the cut of Fantasmic down to 2 days is because of a major decline (or projected decline) in attendance. Laws of supply and demand (of which I am sure WDW is well aware) are that you raise prices when there is a demand for your product and you can get as much as you can out of your product because of that demand, and that when demand drops, and your product isn't selling, you lower price in order to sell your product.
We will renew our Annual Passes THIS WEEK...WDW increases prices EVERY (first-week-0f) August.. move NOT connected to doomsday economy agenda or drop in demand....they WILL increase prices next August also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom