Ticket Price Increase starts this Sunday!

WDWBryan

You can buy a new AP and wait to activate it, but if you renew an AP that expired less than 30 days ago, your pass stays active and the expiration date is just extended 1 yr

21stamps

Yes, the prices listed are for Florida resident APs.

It would have been nice if the Sentinel article included the new price for a non- resident annual pass.

Article also states that expiration dates for multi-day tickets will vary. WT?

I envision a new thread "When Does My Ticket Expire? - I Get Different Answers From CMs" exploding tomorrow.....
I don't get it.lol. I see several of those threads coming to a forum near you...

Are we supposed to assume that non fl resident APs are not going up in price? Or are they going to cross the $800 mark pre tax?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't get it.lol. I see several of those threads coming to a forum near you...

Are we supposed to assume that non fl resident APs are not going up in price? Or are they going to cross the $800 mark pre tax?

I would. In the years I've been an AP, I've never seen an increase in FL resident passes and not one for non-residents. But Disney could surprise us all....

Maybe they want to discourage/limit FL residents being APs. If so, I can always switch to DVC member for pricing, since it's the same rate, but I won't get the handy monthly payment plan. I remember a few years ago DLR discontinued one of the Southern California resident passes to control visits by locals.

Vinsanity

So, the article on WDWMagic states that the "regular" price for MK is increasing from $100 to $115. I am looking to purchase regular single-day tickets before the price increase tomorrow, and I don't see a $100 price? The cheapest I see is $110??

SorcererMC

So, the article on WDWMagic states that the "regular" price for MK is increasing from $100 to $115. I am looking to purchase regular single-day tickets before the price increase tomorrow, and I don't see a $100 price? The cheapest I see is $110??

It depends on what day your ticket is for - the 'value' single day ticket will be $99, the 'regular' single day ticket will be $115, and the 'peak' single day ticket will be $124. I don't think the seasonal calendar has been released yet. @wdwmagic do you know if it will be available tomorrow when the pricing goes into effect?

Vinsanity

I know what the prices are increasing to tomorrow, but the article states that the current Regular price is $100 and is increasing to $115. I want to take advantage of that $100 price - but the price I see on Disney's site is $110 for a regular single-day?

Rteetz

Original Poster
I know what the prices are increasing to tomorrow, but the article states that the current Regular price is $100 and is increasing to $115. I want to take advantage of that $100 price - but the price I see on Disney's site is $110 for a regular single-day?
Regular is $110 and increasing to $115.
Value is $100.

Cmdr_Crimson

Not too bad, I suppose... but still double the cost of living/inflation rate.

Thing that stinks about this while we US Guests can only get up to a 10 day pass while like Myself I like going for 2 weeks and I mostly stick within the parks pretty much my entire trip...However International guests have an option of 7/14/21 day passes...But, then the discounts you receive for being an AP has it's "perks" (kind of) and it's good for a year....

articos

Interesting question. If you don't have an AP, bought one tonight to avoid the price increase, but won't activate it until 11 months from purchase, would Disney consider that your "anniversary date" or would they decide to use the date of purchase in that instance...

Anyone want to read their AP contract to see if there's any fine print regarding his question?

@marni1971, would you know?
For an initial (non-renewal) AP purchase, they would use the date of activation. Waiting 11 months is unusual, so the reps may or may not argue on if they would have to put it towards the price of a current AP and try to collect the difference, but they should just activate the pass without any hassle if going by previous policy. After that, the date of the activation should be the anniversary date from then on.

I would expect the price of non-resident AP's will also rise after midnight.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thing that stinks about this while we US Guests can only get up to a 10 day pass while like Myself I like going for 2 weeks and I mostly stick within the parks pretty much my entire trip...However International guests have an option of 7/14/21 day passes...But, then the discounts you receive for being an AP has it's "perks" (kind of) and it's good for a year....

Because those foreign visitors have different vacation practices.

The French get 30 days (5 weeks) annual leave, on top of holidays.

The British get 28 days of annual leave, on top of holidays, including a monthly bank holiday (at least it seems that way).

By law, every member country in the EU must give workers at least 4 weeks of paid leave.

Here in the US, private sector workers get an average of 16 paid vacation days and holidays. Note that's a combination of paid leave and holidays. There's no minimum requirement for paid vacation. And not every employer provides separate vacation leave - many just give you a certain number of paid days off that you can use as either vacation or paid sick time.

Thus, visitors from the EU and UK can take one single vacation that is longer than 5 work days. And are encouraged to do so.

Can you imagine your supervisor giving you two weeks off at one time?

LAKid53

Premium Member
They do not activate until your magic band or pass is swiped at the park.

Activate what, regular ticket or pass?

The initial purchase of an annual pass is activated when you visit either GS or a will call window. While the ticket is listed in your MDE account, you'll get stop at the turnstyle if you've not taken that step first. Done for several reasons - (1) to get your AP card and (2) if getting a FL resident pass, to prove your a Florida resident. That day become your activation date and then anniversary date for future renewals.

LAKid53

Premium Member
For an initial (non-renewal) AP purchase, they would use the date of activation. Waiting 11 months is unusual, so the reps may or may not argue on if they would have to put it towards the price of a current AP and try to collect the difference, but they should just activate the pass without any hassle if going by previous policy. After that, the date of the activation should be the anniversary date from then on.

I would expect the price of non-resident AP's will also rise after midnight.

I agree, if the pass becomes valid upon activation, then activating 11 months after purchase shouldn't be an issue. But if enough guests purchase a new AP a day or two before a price increase and then wait nearly 12 months to use it, thus avoiding the next increase, somehow Disney's going to rethink that practice.

For example, I buy a brand new AP before midnight tonight using 2016 prices. I wait until late January 2018 to activate it, because I wasn't planning on going until then. thus giving me a January 25th anniversary date - my pass won't expire until January 2019. However, on February 1, 2018, AP prices go up. So I will have avoided both the price increase in February 2017 and February 2018. I thinks it's clever to do this, not sure Disney would agree.

articos

I agree, if the pass becomes valid upon activation, then activating 11 months after purchase shouldn't be an issue. But if enough guests purchase a new AP a day or two before a price increase and then wait nearly 12 months to use it, thus avoiding the next increase, somehow Disney's going to rethink that practice.

For example, I buy a brand new AP before midnight tonight using 2016 prices. I wait until late January 2018 to activate it, because I wasn't planning on going until then. thus giving me a January 25th anniversary date - my pass won't expire until January 2019. However, on February 1, 2018, AP prices go up. So I will have avoided both the price increase in February 2017 and February 2018. I thinks it's clever to do this, not sure Disney would agree.
Very, very few are going to do this though, so the company isn't worried about it. 98% of Disney's guests won't know when a price increase is happening, and they'll simply pay it. To Disney, it's more about the customer service aspect of is the customer always right even if they're doing something like pre-buying to avoid a $5-30 price increase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom