Ticket price increase / FP+ changes coming?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

References our buddy Martin @marni1971 and this site as well

It does.

To be clear it discusses one extreme scenario. I’d be very surprised if free FP was totally scrapped.

I don’t think the article clarifies this enough.

Last edited:

Jon81uk

I'm all for keeping the FP+ system and add on a maxpass option. That thing works! We've used it multiple times in the last year and we average 8-10 FP each day, each trip.

Not sure how you could do both? Given all MaxPass does is allow you to collect a regular FP via the app I don't see what function it would serve at WDW given you already select FP+ within an app. MaxPass is only applicable if they do away with FP+ completely and revert back to regular FP.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not sure how you could do both? Given all MaxPass does is allow you to collect a regular FP via the app I don't see what function it would serve at WDW given you already select FP+ within an app. MaxPass is only applicable if they do away with FP+ completely and revert back to regular FP.
Imagine you can get one FP+ In advance per day with the same criteria as now. Anything else would be on the day or paid for.

Touchdown

Good for you and irrelevant.

You made the argument that it wouldn’t work at WDW because there are not enough attractions at WDW that needs it. I challenge that and you say irrelevant. At WDW I end up with 5-7 FPs a day, at DL it’s easily double that. So why again do you think it won’t work here?

DisneyCane

Imagine you can get one FP+ In advance per day with the same criteria as now. Anything else would be on the day or paid for.
Fun? I guess different strokes for different folks. Pre-planning a theme park visit takes 90% of the fun away. The fun used to be spontaneously deciding what would be enjoyable in the moment. Now it is a stressful chore.

The ONLY thing I have found positive about FP+ is that, as a passholders
, if I want to go to a park in the afternoon for a few hours I can book some FP+ if anything decent is available.

The system would be better if they got rid of advanced reservations. Provide perks or up charges with rules like how soon you can book another FP or even a maximum number per day.

Distribute like the old system just with the app instead of running from ride to ride (which I think is what maxpass does).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Fun? I guess different strokes for different folks. Pre-planning a theme park visit takes 90% of the fun away. The fun used to be spontaneously deciding what would be enjoyable in the moment. Now it is a stressful chore.

, if I want to go to a park in the afternoon for a few hours I can book some FP+ if anything decent is available.

The system would be better if they got rid of advanced reservations. Provide perks or up charges with rules like how soon you can book another FP or even a maximum number per day.

Distribute like the old system just with the app instead of running from ride to ride (which I think is what maxpass does).
I tink you quoted the wrong quote!

Trust me I don’t find micromanaging fun.

lazyboy97o

You made the argument that it wouldn’t work at WDW because there are not enough attractions at WDW that needs it. I challenge that and you say irrelevant. At WDW I end up with 5-7 FPs a day, at DL it’s easily double that. So why again do you think it won’t work here?
You challenged something I didn’t say.

Touchdown

You challenged something I didn’t say.

Tell me how WDW doesn’t have the capacity. WDW has more rides that have Fastpass and have decent capacities and lines that make Fastpass time saving (see my list) I did not include any attractions that people usually consider Fastpass not helpful. So tell me why WDW lacks the capacity.

Jon81uk

and this is the only downside to old FP. At Disneyland if you arrive in the afternoon you may not get a radiator springs racers FP. But then for the popular attractions at WDW if you have 30 days booking not 60 then you probably won't get the most popular attractions either.

lazyboy97o

Tell me how WDW doesn’t have the capacity. WDW has more rides that have Fastpass and have decent capacities and lines that make Fastpass time saving (see my list) I did not include any attractions that people usually consider Fastpass not helpful. So tell me why WDW lacks the capacity.
Again, I said nothing about the number of rides with FastPass.

bryanfze55

If WDW has more rides spread out over a wider area how does it lack the capacity?

I assume he meant the capacity issues relate to the number of overall rides per park, as in there not being enough. Disneyland Park has way more rides than Magic Kingdom, and DCA has more rides than any other individual park in WDW. So while WDW has more rides in total (just barely), Disneyland has way more rides per park. Hence, lines get significantly longer at WDW.

Dory71

Gold AP's went up last night $20. I assume other tickets may have as well?
Looks to me like they did have a price increase. I just priced a 5 day ticket this morning and it is more than it was last week. So glad I didn't drag my feet on renewing the AP that expires at the end of the month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom