Ticket Confusion

bravemouse

I'm trying to get an estimate of how much a trip would cost for my entire family of 6.
I have the flight cost and hotel and everything but i'm confused about the park tickets.
We are planning on going to Disneyworld, there are so many attractions and stuff to do so i thought a week would let us do everything there.
I don't understand the tickets, do you have to buy a different ticket for each place you go to?
(Like if we were at the magic kingdom park then wanted to go to Epcot the next day)
Or is it you buy a ticket and you get to go anywhere?
I think it's 250 an adult but when i look for tickets they have different tickets like premium, park hopper ect.
I haven't gone before and i don't know how this works, i'm so confused @-@

onesandzeros

Each ticket is good for a number of days. You can use this ticket each day to enter any single park (MK, Epcot, DHS, AK). With the Park Hopper option (extra cost), you can visit multiple parks on the same day. mousesavers.com has a good explanation on tickets/add on options and a link to a discount seller. I’ve used them and was pleased with the savings and service.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
There are one-park per day tickets or Hopper.
One-park gets you into any of the four theme parks but one one each day, hopper allows you to move from one park to another on the same day.

There are also the water parks which can be added to your tickets. That allows you to go to the water parks as well, one admission for each day of your ticket length ( 5-day ticket gets 5 admissions) but you can use more than one of those per day.

It's a lot to absorb, but if you get the least expensive version base ticket, you can add the other options if you need them once you're there.

Upvote 0

bravemouse

Original Poster
There are one-park per day tickets or Hopper.
One-park gets you into any of the four theme parks but one one each day, hopper allows you to move from one park to another on the same day.

There are also the water parks which can be added to your tickets. That allows you to go to the water parks as well, one admission for each day of your ticket length ( 5-day ticket gets 5 admissions) but you can use more than one of those per day.

It's a lot to absorb, but if you get the least expensive version base ticket, you can add the other options if you need them once you're there.
That is a lot to asorb haha :D So i guess i would have to plan out the week and what to do each day right?
Would it be easier?

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

I'm trying to get an estimate of how much a trip would cost for my entire family of 6.
I have the flight cost and hotel and everything but i'm confused about the park tickets.
We are planning on going to Disneyworld, there are so many attractions and stuff to do so i thought a week would let us do everything there.
I don't understand the tickets, do you have to buy a different ticket for each place you go to?
(Like if we were at the magic kingdom park then wanted to go to Epcot the next day)
I think it's 250 an adult but when i look for tickets they have different tickets like premium, park hopper ect.
I love newbies. You will get tons of answers and opinions.
We always pay the little extra for the park hopper. I recommend you do the same. That way if one park isn't your cup of tea or you have reservations at a restaurant in a different park, you can hop on over there. You can't hop without park hopper. If you are arriving early enough to have a little time in a park the first day or time the day you are leaving, make sure and buy one more day on your pass than the number of nights you are staying. If you buy a base ticket plus park hopper you can go to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios whenever you want and change parks whenever you want as many times a day as you want. You have to pay extra if you want the water parks, but with only five days, you probably won't have time for that. Plus, the resorts all have nice pools. Premium only applies to annual passes.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Get Passporter or The Unofficial Guide to Disney or Burnbams(sp) at Barnes & Noble. You need to know how to make use of fasspass--they are free to everyone-- and early hours. That alone could make or break your trip.
Also, order the free maps of each park that is offered on the Disney website.

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

That is a lot to asorb haha :D So i guess i would have to plan out the week and what to do each day right?
Would it be easier?
At least plan the first few days, then go from there. We always go to whichever park has early hours at least until lunch, then if the park get very crowded, we move to another park. We always do MK on Thursday morning, Hollywood Studios on Saturday morning, Animal Kingdom Monday or Wednesday morning and Epcot on Tuesday morning. Early hours do change occasionally, so check the calendar on the homepage of this site to find which days each park has early hours when you will be there.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Welcome to our happy sight!!! Your best bet is to get a copy of THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!!!! It's a lot of reading but it will really help you plan a wonderful trip!!

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

You need to buy a base ticket for each day you want to go a park. The base ticket will be good for 1 park, for each day you buy. If you buy a multi day ticket, the cost to add on an additional day will get less. I.E. a 1 day ticket is around $90, but you can get a 5 day for around $300. You cannot use more than 1 day "value" per day. So you cannot use 1 day to go to MK in the AM, and then a second day to go to Epcot in the PM. To visit multiple parks in a day, you would need the Park Hopper addon. This will let you visit any of the parks each day you use the ticket. You can also buy a Water Parks & More addon, which will give you the same number of water park visits. So if you buy a 5 day base ticket, and then add WP&M, you would also be able to visit the water parks 5 times. All your admissions would need to be used before the ticket expires. A base ticket will expire 14 days after first used, or when you use the last entry entitlement, whichever comes first. You can still buy the No-Expiration addon, which does just that, makes your ticket not expire.

You can see a full page of info here -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/magic-your-way-ticket.htm

Upvote 0

Redhawk

Even though it adds to your cost, for a first-time visit it's probably best to add the Park Hopper option so you don't have the pressure of picking only one park per day to visit. If you're going in summer or at a time when the parks are open later, then you'll be even more likely to want to "hop" between parks on several days.

Upvote 0

SAV

We always pay the little extra for the park hopper. I recommend you do the same.

I will respectfully disagree with this. As a "newbie", there will be so much to see and do at each park for you, your day will be completely filled without hopping. The hopping will add another thing to factor in for you and without the prior knowledge, it will complicate things. It will also take you away from time at the parks during the travel between and, in our case, not be used.

Being your first time, there is no reason to rush from place to place to place. Take your time in each park and enjoy it for what it offers. Plan any dining out so that you will dine in the park you have your ressie. And as it has been mentioned, go with the base ticket to start and you can always add the hopper option if you see that it would benefit you. You will only be charged the extra hopper price on how many days left you have remaining on your pass.

There are free crowd calendars that show crowd levels and take into account Extra Magic Hours. I suggest you visit www.easywdw.com and take a look at those to assist in your planning. Also agree that you should get the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. I know our public library has a copy, so yours probably would too. If you do purchase your own copy, that will give you access to the crowd calendars and more at http://touringplans.com/unofficial-guide when you register the book.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
I will respectfully disagree with this. As a "newbie", there will be so much to see and do at each park for you, your day will be completely filled without hopping. The hopping will add another thing to factor in for you and without the prior knowledge, it will complicate things. It will also take you away from time at the parks during the travel between and, in our case, not be used.

Being your first time, there is no reason to rush from place to place to place. Take your time in each park and enjoy it for what it offers. Plan any dining out so that you will dine in the park you have your ressie. And as it has been mentioned, go with the base ticket to start and you can always add the hopper option if you see that it would benefit you. You will only be charged the extra hopper price on how many days left you have remaining on your pass.

There are free crowd calendars that show crowd levels and take into account Extra Magic Hours. I suggest you visit www.easywdw.com and take a look at those to assist in your planning. Also agree that you should get the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. I know our public library has a copy, so yours probably would too. If you do purchase your own copy, that will give you access to the crowd calendars and more at http://touringplans.com/unofficial-guide when you register the book.
What @SAV said do not hop if you don't know what you're doing!! Buy the book!!

Upvote 0

ratherbeinwdw

Don't let us confuse you even more. We all have our way of doing things. I still say, if you're going at a very crowded time, you will want to hop. It is so easy to hop from Epcot to HS by boat. It's a peaceful fun ride and you get to see the resorts in that area which are really beautiful. You can easily hop between Epcot and MK on the monorail. We have hopped since our first trip back when there were only two parks. Our first three-day park hoppers were less than 70.00. I can't remember what they were called, but I don't remember them being called park hoppers.

Upvote 0

Stellajack

Premium Member
Would it be easier?

bravemouse, also, with a base ticket (no park hopper option added), if you should visit MK on day 1, you can leave that park and return to the same park later in day or evening. You are not restricted to remaining in the park for the entire day.

Upvote 0

Redhawk

You will only be charged the extra hopper price on how many days left you have remaining on your pass.

I had wondered about this but not asked. Good to know as I'm not buying the Hopper option for my upcoming solo visit, BUT I might want to hop on the last day when I plan to visit AK and it closes at 5 pm.

Upvote 0

disneycouple07

If you are going for a week than purchase the 6 or 7 day park ticket and add the park hopper option. I believe its approximately $60.71 per person for this.
A standard “base” ticket will be one park per day per person. Let me know if you have any more questions, good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom