News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

David M

So what's the play for tomorrow? Got 3 devices setup for the 7am slots, but also considering buying G+ as well since slots can drop at a moment's notice... Last few days to get this in before my pass blocks out

gorillaball

You have to imagine with this level of reliability that they are going to have dump the VQ pretty quickly.

The VQ is a big negative for guest satisfaction and now add the guests with boarding groups not being able to ride, it just compounds the problem.
Better to wait in line for 2+ hours and then have a breakdown that clears the queue?

C33Mom

So what's the play for tomorrow? Got 3 devices setup for the 7am slots, but also considering buying G+ as well since slots can drop at a moment's notice... Last few days to get this in before my pass blocks out
I think if you really want to ride, you need to buy an early G+ return? I haven’t followed closely enough to see how hard it is to get a low BG.

C33Mom

Better to wait in line for 2+ hours and then have a breakdown that clears the queue?
At least that will raise guest satisfaction for everybody who isn’t trying to ride it and has shorter lines throughout the park? 🤪

Personally I’d rather get a VQ return and maybe not ride than invest 90-180m in line and not ride…but I can see the argument that the folks willing to camp in that queue and stick out breakdowns for 2-8 hours deserve first crack at the ride.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
You know that even with a boarding group you’re still waiting on line in the queue for about 60-90 minutes?

Also I doubt you’d wait anymore than that even if there was no VQ.

The VQ just ensures consistency of guest arrivals and timely shutdowns at the end of the day.

gorillaball

You know that even with a boarding group you’re still waiting on line in the queue for about 60-90 minutes?

Also I doubt you’d wait anymore than that even if there was no VQ.

The VQ just ensures consistency of guest arrivals and timely shutdowns at the end of the day.
And while on line in that queue I’d be riding BTMRR or HM or whatever I choose.

You honestly think if no VQ it wouldn’t be a 2 hour wait? - agree to disagree.

TheMaxRebo

We had 6 devices, 3 trying for VQ and 3 for G+ and managed to get both at 7am on opening day.

I think "safest" bet is G+ as lasts slightly longer and would be priority after ride comes back if it goes down and if it is down when your return time comes you get an flex use LL so would at l ast as that as consolation prize. If you get a VQ and they don't get to your BG nothing. Plus you can try at 1pm vs the LL once they are gone they are gone (other than a random drop by a guest)

Obviously a cost though

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
And while on line in that queue I’d be riding BTMRR or HM or whatever I choose.

You honestly think if no VQ it wouldn’t be a 2 hour wait? - agree to disagree.
You don’t understand. Even with a boarding group you will still wait in the attraction queue. Likely around 60-90 minutes inside the TBA queue.

It is not walk on with a VQ boarding group unless you have a LL which dramatically lowers your wait time.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 9 Stats (6/30):
7am: 1.5 secs
1pm: 1.9 secs

BG 81 (-5) is the last BG called for the day at 9pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:50 - 12:54pm
1:24 - 1:44pm
1:44 - 2:04pm
2:04 - 2:36pm
6:30 - 9:00pm

Average pace: 5-6mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 18m -> 9m (-9m)
1pm: 1.5s -> 1.7s (+0.2s)

That does it for Day 9 of Tiana's Bayou Adventure!
1000012840.png

DWparadise

You don’t understand. Even with a boarding group you will still wait in the attraction queue. Likely around 60-90 minutes inside the TBA queue.

It is not walk on with a VQ boarding group unless you have a LL which dramatically lowers your wait time.
VQ for an unreliable ride is enough to give me an anxiety attack.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom