News Tiana's Bayou Adventure Virtual Queue and Lighting Lane status

Fido Chuckwagon

Between Tiana's downtime and Pirates', I'm not sure what Park Ops is going to do with this side of the park when BTMRR goes down for a year.

That's ... ~5,500 guests/hour in throughput? It'd be like losing almost all of classic Fantasyland:
  • Peter Pan = 1,000/hour
  • Small World = 1,300/hour
  • Winnie the Pooh = 1,000/hour
  • Regal Carrousel = 400/hour
  • Princess Fairytale Hall = 500/hour
  • Most of PhilharMagic = 1,200/hour
Am I not mathing the math there?
PhilharMagic’s theoretic capacity is 1,200 per hour, not what it does on an average day, right? Because every time I go that theater is like 50-80 percent empty. Not sure why, it’s a great show.

gerarar

Premium Member
Final Day 8 Stats (6/29):
7am: 1.8 secs
1pm: 1.7 secs*
*the morning 7am drop lasted longer than afternoon 1pm drop

BG 86 (-60) is the last BG called for the day at 10pm.

Notable stoppages:
9:10 - 12:41pm
1:40 - 2:00pm
3:14 - 5:21pm
5:42 - 6:15pm
6:23 - 6:41pm
8:35 - 9:04pm

Average pace: 5-6mins/BG

VQ Drop Mean/Average:
7am: 1.8s -> 1.8s (+0)
1pm: 1.7s -> 1.7s (+0)

That does it for Day 8 of Tiana's Bayou Adventure!
1000012814.png

Disstevefan1

From what has been said it isn't the animatronics themselves but that they have sensors to start when boats come by rather than just playing on a loop and it is those triggers that are the issue
A lot has been talked about the sensors that stop and start the animatronics. If that was the sensors only purpose, the worst that would happen would be animatronics that didn’t move and the attraction could still serve guests over and over without going down and forcing evacuations, albeit just a bad show.

It appears to be hours of down time. This can’t be just due to a frozen animatronic here and there.

Oh boy, I hope the animatronics is a separate system from the ride system that controls the logs!

It looks to be multiple issues, the least of which the animatronics themselves.

Just a guess on my part, but the only things that remain from Splash is the physical logs and physical track. Everything else, the ride’s operating system, all the infrastructure that support the new operating system, probably the controls, safety systems are all new technology.

My question is, can all this new sophisticated technology reliably operate in the harsh environment we once called Splash mountain?

The previous technology used in splash was much less sophisticated but it seems much more able to function in the environment, much like the hydraulic systems used in heavy equipment that reliably operate in the worst environments.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
To be fair, Splash broke down and was evaced A LOT. I’m surprised they announced an opening with it this unreliable, though. Not the best look.
I personally love Tianna’s Breakdown Adventure. Waiting in line uncertain of what comes next, getting evacuated to the melodious sound of the fire alarm and experiencing the intricate emergency flood lighting design embodies the flawless turbo charging of the Disney experience!

Splash4eva

To be fair, Splash broke down and was evaced A LOT. I’m surprised they announced an opening with it this unreliable, though. Not the best look.
Did it really when it 1st opened up? I know it was awhile ago but i dont remember many issues at all. I was there literally weeks after it opened and dont recall any issues at all…

Now if you referring to SM that Disney purposely let rot thats a different story

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom