News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

ToTBellHop

I’m just not convinced this concept will survive the stock market crash. Here‘s a sneak peak of the new finale.
1714917326265.jpeg

Ghost93

As do the nonsensical briar roots under a swamp.
Maybe they will add signage explaining how the roots are meant to symbolize how Tiana's Foods is rooted in her family's history or how the employees who are part of the co-op are the roots of the organization and the foundation on which the business is built or how, in the spirit of everyone being welcome on the ride, the roots symbolize how we are all somehow connected, etc.

Sir_Cliff

I have no problem with the roots. They’re the sort of thing one would expect to see in a Disney imagining of a burrow-like setting. Had we not know they were preexisting, I dare say most here would have approved of them as a nice bit of theming.
Yes, completely agree. As long as you accept the store is underground, roots poking through the ceiling make sense.

SilentWindODoom

As do the nonsensical briar roots under a swamp.

I'd thought they'd added that large stump on the side entrance in order to explain this away, but looking at Google Maps, I'm finding that it was always there. In fact, I'd never actually noticed that except for six smallish tendrils around the entrance, there were no briar around the Briar Patch. What is there are some stumps and a number of, just, general roots. It was far removed from the actual briar patch, which makes it pretty far removed from the new bayou that's taken its place.

It's funny. Looking at it, one could easily come away with the conclusion that it was originally designed as "The Root Cellar" and someone said "Nah, "Briar Patch" is a name that ties in better with the ride and added the briars on the front and the briar shelves within (which I don't think we see inside anymore).

aladdin2007

while I dont know for sure it is looking like they did away with the high up black lit prop scenes in the shop, if you all remember what I'm talking about. Not that they were major or anything but they were charming details.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Finally, an open date for TBA?
Not as a part of the Halloween announcements, but the Halloween stuff finally being announced is what we had to get before the opening date can be announced. Now that this is happening, we are golden.
Dr. Facilier M&G from Oogie Boogie Bash coming to MNSSHP?

Or is the announcement going to be set to the "Are you ready?" section of Friends on the Other Side?
I do not know any information about the Halloween announcements, but what I *do* know is that these had to happen *before* the Tiana date is announced.
Is the spot up at the top of the building where a light will go?View attachment 783290
Yep, presumably going to light up the Tiana's Foods sign. It should be going up any day now.

Ayla

Not as a part of the Halloween announcements, but the Halloween stuff finally being announced is what we had to get before the opening date can be announced. Now that this is happening, we are golden.

I do not know any information about the Halloween announcements, but what I *do* know is that these had to happen *before* the Tiana date is announced.

Yep, presumably going to light up the Tiana's Foods sign. It should be going up any day now.
They could have announced an opening date as soon as they knew it. They didn't have to wait for anything else to be announced first.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't be surprised if they also announced the opening date tomorrow along with Halloween stuff. Disney likes to do a lot of these news dump days so I can definitely see tomorrow being a news dump full of a bunch of stuff. But they're also very unpredictable when it comes to this sort of stuff or at least unpredictable to me.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't be surprised if they also announced the opening date tomorrow along with Halloween stuff. Disney likes to do a lot of these news dump days so I can definitely see tomorrow being a news dump full of a bunch of stuff. But they're also very unpredictable when it comes to this sort of stuff or at least unpredictable to me.
According to Drew's posts (I trust Drew) HtH has to happen before, and the announcements will likely last a good portion of the week just looking at previous years. I'm very sure just looking at stats (and know because I know the date lol) that it's not tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom