News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disstevefan1

Won't be long now Almost there. Disney Vloggers get your cameras ready!
GetYourCamerasReady.gif

In the Parks
No
This is why one should wait until it’s finished to enact a final verdict.

So much hysteria over a fence, followed by an incomplete foliage wall.

Next time they redo an attraction in the middle of a theme park, I say they shut down the entire park, just to avoid the hysterics.
Who is hysterical? Again, people commenting on the fence were responding to what they can see. I don't know why that bothers people so much.

MerlinTheGoat

Who is hysterical? Again, people commenting on the fence were responding to what they can see. I don't know why that bothers people so much.
There were people here believing that it wouldn't be covered at all. I don't recall who specifically made such comments, but it was a thing. It was always a given that it would be covered and wasn't a reasonable complaint that a clearly unfinished area hadn't even been started yet.

peter11435

I’m also assuming that all of these AA’s are going to be in alcoves similar to the Avatar Shaman so that when they break down, WDI will just project them onto a drop-down screen until repairs are made.
Outside of the initial installation that has nothing to do with WDI.

peter11435

WDI I think have been designing B mode fallbacks lately. MMRR had some from the beginning AFAIK. Not sure if Rise opened with one for the Kylo AA, or if that was installed later.
Yes. WDI designs and installs the B mode. But they have nothing to do with switching between A and B shows after installation. The local maintenance teams handle that or in some cases the show control systems handle it automatically. And WDI doesn’t perform repairs to restore them back to A mode.

mickEblu

People dislike book report rides? But they can be so charming. Honestly, I'd love if this ride was a book report. As I mention below, I love the soundtrack and EVERYONE has talked about how great it would be to see Facilier. Unfortunately, it's not possible. With the stupid bad-faith complaints about the whole frog thing, they could never do it without pulling the old Snow White's Adventures trick, and then those same people would complain about taking the black princess out of her own ride.

In the end, I would love nothing more than to have all those things, but I understand that the circumstances don't allow it, so I don't ask for the impossible. And I don't hold the impossible against what we're getting, which looks like it can be wonderful in its own right. That's not specifically a response to you, but an overall declaration of my stance on the whole project and the things we see. Why I'm not a negative mancy.

Mermaid doesn't fail to me because of the book report nature *or* the journey past the story rather than through as you suggest. It's the cheapness of it all. So many fish figures with no motion whatsover. The moving figures being moved with clearly-visible large pieces of plastic. The drummer being at eye-level rather than above or any angle that would make it look halfway like he's anywhere near touching the drums. The clear repeat of the figures from Under the Sea in the end above the surface. It was the first dark ride in what felt like forever with a huge facade in a legendary spot, and what we got was so underwhelming in so many ways, even with the couple impressive animatronics that keep breaking.

I will say, though, that the shoving of the entire climax into a TINY vignette really kills it. One additional scene depicting the sea battle between this and Kiss the Girl would really make the whole thing feel less rushed and paltry.

Is it underrated? That makes me sad. The original Beauty and the Beast soundtrack may be the best in animated canon. It definitely has a 100% hit rate. I was surprised at the talk of the Princess and the Frog soundtrack earlier, as I consider it the best since 1993. Frozen and Moana had some great hits, but don't have quite the same consistency and variety.

Facilier didn’t have to be tied to the Frog storyline to have a presence in TBA. He or his shadow and friends could have come back for any reason. Revenge sounds about right. They could have used story beats from PATF and re-introduce Facilier however they want. Think Finding Nemo. Probably a good template for what TBA should/ could have been (story wise) in how it’s essentially most of the story beats from the movie but not a book report. It didn’t have to be the exact same story. For example in TBA they are using most of the original songs for a completely different story.

I didn’t list all the reasons why Mermaid fails. Mermaid does feel cheap because of bad execution. Ursula’s lair is probably the only scene that feels right.

Last edited:

LittleBuford

There were people here believing that it wouldn't be covered at all. I don't recall who specifically made such comments, but it was a thing. It was always a given that it would be covered and wasn't a reasonable complaint that a clearly unfinished area hadn't even been started yet.
I admit to having been a bit worried it would be left bare or, more likely, insufficiently covered, but only because of all the oddities and inconsistencies that have marked this project. My concern seems silly in retrospect, of course.

Professortango1

I mean, the fence I have an issue with is still untouched and looking like painted ingredients are the final adjustment to it. If they fix it, I will happily state that my grumbling was unjustified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom