News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

I think the nighttime look of Tiana's Bayou Adventure is incredible, that the animatronics are impressive and the actual bayou sections of the ride look like a fun time.

However, I think the co-op backstory is needlessly complicated and out of place for both the ride and the Magic Kingdom as a whole and that the exterior should have had the tree top and Mama Odie's boat at the top as featured in the original concept art for the retheme. I also think the lack of Dr. Facillier and his friends on the other side is a huge missed opportunity, robbing the attraction of suspenseful elements.

Overall I'm generally excited for the new ride, but thus far I haven't agreed with every creative choice made.
I agree with pretty much all of this!

I’m still hopeful that some of Facilier’s friends may precede Mama Odie before the final drop, adding a bit of suspense before she comes to our rescue.

MerlinTheGoat

I mean, they just turned on the bottles for the first time ever yesterday, and Charita Carter mentioned them in a interview just a month ago... patience is key
Possibly (probably), though I hope the general lighting package on the mountain as a whole is tweaked further as well (like I said, a bit less blue would be appreciated around the top). I think quite a few of the lilies probably still need their pads attached as well.

Last edited:

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

View attachment 782610

"Hey Gloria, they finally covered that fence!"

"I knew they were the entire time!"
giphy.gif

MerlinTheGoat

While I'm glad they did cover the railing (again this was always a given that they would never leave that thing exposed), it still needs a lot of work. I don't want to jump to conclusions and assume it's done, because it's highly likely it isn't. But in its current state, it looks awkward. There's something....off about it right now. I struggle to describe why, but it differs noticeably from either the model or render. There needs to be more than just tufts of straight grass, it also needs the different kinds of shrubbery and ferns that were present too.

1714617279073.png

1714617286365.png

Again, it's very plausible this just isn't done yet. Would not surprise me. The foliage covering the rest of the mountain went through a lot of continuous and drawn out work and tweaking after it was first attached. Pruning and adding detail where needed.

MaximumEd

I think the nighttime look of Tiana's Bayou Adventure is incredible, that the animatronics are impressive and the actual bayou sections of the ride look like a fun time.

However, I think the co-op backstory is needlessly complicated and out of place for both the ride and the Magic Kingdom as a whole and that the exterior should have had the tree top and Mama Odie's boat at the top as featured in the original concept art for the retheme. I also think the lack of Dr. Facillier and his friends on the other side is a huge missed opportunity, robbing the attraction of suspenseful elements.

Overall I'm generally excited for the new ride, but thus far I haven't agreed with every creative choice made.
A nuanced opinion…….is that allowed here?

co10064

Premium Member
Here's another nuanced opinion:

This retheme was unnecessary. Splash was great.

BUT, the animatronics for this attraction look like they will be the very best of anything WDI has done globally.

From my incomplete perspective, this attraction looks to be better than Frozen Journey at Tokyo DisneySea.

My main concern is the storyline (it maybe a bit too simplistic), and if the ride path/experience will feel organic to said story, or if it will feel like an obvious retrofit.

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

To start, I realize what I'm about to say is a pipe dream... But, it sticks with me.

My biggest disappointment with this is the opportunity a new build could have been. Leaving aside the co-op story, the more I see of this - the more I wish this would have been MK's Blue Bayou. Having Tiana's Palace with a large "patio" overlooking the "Mississippi" or "Lake Pontchartrain" as it wanders off into the Bayou. Then an attraction like this mirroring the scale of DL's Pirates. It could have been the ultimate animated film dark ride, given another must do restaurant and given MK the "answer" to Pirates people always mention when comparing to DL. And, the stories and themes would have been different enough to not feel repetitive, especially if it anchored a NOLA land or mini-land.
I just think this would have been a true showcase for what PatF and Tiana could be. And, it's tough to not feel the shoehorn with this redo for me.

headintheclouds

To start, I realize what I'm about to say is a pipe dream... But, it sticks with me.

My biggest disappointment with this is the opportunity a new build could have been. Leaving aside the co-op story, the more I see of this - the more I wish this would have been MK's Blue Bayou. Having Tiana's Palace with a large "patio" overlooking the "Mississippi" or "Lake Pontchartrain" as it wanders off into the Bayou. Then an attraction like this mirroring the scale of DL's Pirates. It could have been the ultimate animated film dark ride, given another must do restaurant and given MK the "answer" to Pirates people always mention when comparing to DL. And, the stories and themes would have been different enough to not feel repetitive, especially if it anchored a NOLA land or mini-land.

I realize Splash was viewed as having it's own problems with the source material. I just think this would have been a true showcase for what PatF and Tiana could be. And, it's tough to not feel the shoehorn with this redo for me.
I think of things like this and then think to myself I should be in WDI. But then I would probably get denied as my ideas are too “big” and the other dreaded B word “budget.” Oh well. 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom