News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
All credit to the king!!!

Again with the monochromatic color palette. I wish they could find a way to break up the lighting to give all the individual foliage elements greater sense of depth and dimension. I'm not really diggin the blurple wash, especially on the "mound" Can't see the forest swamp through the trees.

Last edited:

splah

The guard rail is covered so I'll give them that. But the grasses don't look organic. At night especially. Probably best not to emphasize them.
Yeah it needs an intermediate layer that’s staggers from 1/2 the grass height to just about the water as it tapers out toward the boats and becomes more sparse.

Right now it looks like what it is. A wall of grass (I wonder how durable all these thin grasses are. will they start to wilt in the summer months)

I’ve decided the whole facade needed more ferns instead of the flower-ivy-vine type plants.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
20240430_201042.jpg

"Hey Gloria, they finally covered that fence!"

"I knew they were the entire time!"

View attachment 782610

"Hey Gloria, they finally covered that fence!"

"I knew they were the entire time!"
"Hey Gloria, why is there a whole bunch of long grass growing in one random spot in the bayou and nowhere else?"

"I don't know, it's kind of strange, but it sure is fun watching humans riding hollowed out logs falling from somewhere down into the hole on the other side of the grass!"

Rich T

I think it mostly looks good -- the only major thing that really looks strange to me is the mound at the top where the vehicles exit for the drop. I'm not sure what else they could have done there, but it looks quite odd.
Totally agree. The top reminds me of a lamprey mouth. Crossed with the Predator and the talking Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock.

But, overall, I really like it. The swamp trees pull it all together.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Officially? Still going with June 19.

CM previews before the media event. Then Golden Oak/other high-rollers. That might happen before the media event.
Then DVC, then AP after.

We should know more very soon. Once CM previews are announced, the rest of the schedule will be a lot clearer.
Why haven't they announced it yet, if it is June that's only a little over a month away. How long are they gonna wait?

Touchdown

Why haven't they announced it yet, if it is June that's only a little over a month away. How long are they gonna wait?
Seeing as the DAS changes officially and fully begins June 20, I would wager it’s June 20th (or the 21st which is a Friday.). I doubt the DAS change date was arbitrary.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom