News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
The last batch of critters has been revealed.

The musical tapestry of New Orleans is woven with traditions and voices from all over the world. We’ve gotten a sneak peek at critters who play Zydeco music, and critters who perform Rara music, and now it’s time to introduce you to critters who bring the jazzy sounds and complex rhythms of Afro-Cuban music to life in the bayou.

View attachment 778333
Felipe the Frog – Deep among the cypress trees, you’ll hear band leader Felipe making musical magic on the piano! Felipe is also the proprietor of an exclusive bayou night club, where the local fireflies love to dance the night away to a musical recipe of hot rhythms and spicy melodies. He’s an old-school family guy, especially to his “family” in the band.

Mayra the Frog – Have you ever seen a frog play a flower blossom like a trumpet? You will when you meet Mayra; be sure to stick around for one of her toe-tapping solos. Mayra’s the most ambitious of the four frogs and has been practicing her instrument since she was just a tadpole!

Mondo the Frog – Mondo is a natural on the conga drums, which he made as a happy accident when his favorite bottle cap got stuck on his second-favorite acorn. From there, the rhythm in Mondo’s soul took over! He’s very copacetic and accepts what comes, a trait as steady and reliable as his drumbeat.

Isabel the Green Tree Frog – Learning from Mondo’s example, Isabel loves getting lost in the music playing her congas. She’s the youngest member of the group, and there’s nothing she loves more than “going with the flow” and getting to play drums all night long!

From Zydeco to Rara to Afro-Cuban jazz, you’ll hear all kinds of musical flavors from critters big and small around the bayou, just like you would walking the streets of the French Quarter in the Crescent City. Of course, not everyone you’ll meet in the attraction is a musician – among others are a couple of amphibious friends who love to sit back, relax and catch up on all the gossip from around the bayou. Gloria and Delores the frogs are best friends who love to observe folks as they float in logs down the bayou. Don’t be surprised if they keep their watchful eyes on you as you float by.

Also, keep an eye out for Lari the armadillo. This mischievous fella, while quiet in demeanor, seems to always show up where you least expect him to. I hear he has a habit of “borrowing” things that aren’t his (although those things eventually make it into the right “paws”).

View attachment 778334View attachment 778335

Speaking of critters big and small, you’ll meet them throughout the attraction, and some really are … big, with an even bigger personality.

Details from the link below.

Those photos have to be AI. I was told by the h8ters that this entire re-do would be filled with cheap screens and almost zero physical sets. 🤣

retr0gate

Also wonder if these are the same frogs that were featured in previous concept art. They look similar in design.
1712759830294.png

lentesta

Premium Member
A couple of things:
  • At 1900 Park Fair yesterday, I learned Tiana canonically knows about Tiana's Bayou Adventure. I asked her handler before talking to her, and it took some investigation on their part.

• I'd bet this DAS move had to happen prior to TBA opening, or close to 100% of the ride's LL capacity would've been used by DAS.

Tha Realest

A couple of things:
  • At 1900 Park Fair yesterday, I learned Tiana canonically knows about Tiana's Bayou Adventure. I asked her handler before talking to her, and it took some investigation on their part.

• I'd bet this DAS move had to happen prior to TBA opening, or close to 100% of the ride's LL capacity would've been used by DAS.
As to your second point, the original end date for the transition of this policy on the DAS website was June 17. Make of that what you will.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
To me, the more side characters with complete bios they show, the muddier the ride feels. Look at the side characters from Splash, did we know every single one of their names, favorite ice cream flavors, and personality?
4275822528_3c517b4a42_b.jpeg

maxresdefault.jpeg

tumblr_nrgnv0QAMD1uodgxto3_500.jpeg

No. We knew a few, like Br'er Frog, Saddlesore Swanson, or the Swamp Boys, but they were there to make the world feel lived in. They were just "Br'er/ S'is ______", and that was OK because the focus was on Br'er Rabbit/Fox/Bear.

The way they keep acting like every character is of utmost importance when we'll see them for maybe 10 seconds as the log goes by makes it seem like they're trying to cram way too much into the ride. Just look at these new frogs:

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 10.50.16 AM.png

Way too much for a character guests will likely forget about 5 minutes after they get off the ride.

Anyway, ramble over.

Brer Oswald

A couple of things:

Also worth noting is that halfway through the queue, the use of stairs is employed, so they will already have to accommodate wheelchairs and such by letting them “cut through” to board at the exit.

Brer Oswald

To me, the more side characters with complete bios they show, the muddier the ride feels. Look at the side characters from Splash, did we know every single one of their names, favorite ice cream flavors, and personality?
View attachment 778345
View attachment 778346
View attachment 778347
No. We knew a few, like Br'er Frog, Saddlesore Swanson, or the Swamp Boys, but they were there to make the world feel lived in. They were just "Br'er/ S'is ______", and that was OK because the focus was on Br'er Rabbit/Fox/Bear.

The way they keep acting like every character is of utmost importance when we'll see them for maybe 10 seconds as the log goes by makes it seem like they're trying to cram way too much into the ride. Just look at these new frogs:

View attachment 778348
Way too much for a character guests will likely forget about 5 minutes after they get off the ride.

Anyway, ramble over.
The old characters were all designed and dressed in ways that you didn’t need a prerequisite biography paragraph to understand their personality or identity.

Most of them were also actual animatronics rather than static figures.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
As to your second point, the original end date for the transition of this policy on the DAS website was June 17. Make of that what you will.
Same day as Test Track's closing - maybe they hope to close Test Track and then shortly after open Tiana's? Lose one ride and immediately gain another? That or it opens the same day - the 17th - so that they can dispel some crowds/vloggers between the opening of Tiana's and the closing of Test Track. Just a theory though

jinx8402

Gusey

Is my count wrong or are we actually getting 19 new characters, not 17 like Disney keep advertising? First 6 Critters in the 1st band + 6 critters in the 2nd band + 4 frogs in the third band + Gloria and Delores the frogs + Lari the armadillo = 19

Ghost93

The old characters were all designed and dressed in ways that you didn’t need a prerequisite biography paragraph to understand their personality or identity.
I feel the additional biographical information on the animal characters is just nice little background info to help the people creating the animatronics get a feel for how they should be designed. I don't think see the harm in supplying the critters with a backstory. It's just a fun little bit of extra details, it won't be a prerequisite for enjoying the ride.

James Alucobond

View attachment 778345
View attachment 778346
View attachment 778347

View attachment 778348

Anyway, ramble over.
We’ll see in a few months if they simply show or attempt to over-tell. I suspect that character sheets like this are created for any attraction, including Splash, and within the attraction itself, it’ll just feel like a bunch of animals playing instruments.

Smiley/OCD

Well, in the enthusiast communities I follow you would be surprised at what gets people up in arms. Heck, with vintage watches sometimes restoring or modifying the watch kills the value. If Disney did take a rare vehicle and modified it I could imagine it annoying people. I think it's more likely they found a rusted out one with no value and restored it.

I agree that it's not something to worry about, but was curious what people who care about vintage cars would think.
Maybe Mike and his brother on American Pickers found the truck for them…lol…but I still feel that, in Mike’s words on the show, the vehicles always look better “janky”…

Incomudro

View attachment 778345
View attachment 778346
View attachment 778347

View attachment 778348

Anyway, ramble over.
None of this bothers me, but it ties in with the parks current obsession with spelling out and explaining everything to guests.
It's unnecessary.

Bayou

The last batch of critters has been revealed.

The musical tapestry of New Orleans is woven with traditions and voices from all over the world. We’ve gotten a sneak peek at critters who play Zydeco music, and critters who perform Rara music, and now it’s time to introduce you to critters who bring the jazzy sounds and complex rhythms of Afro-Cuban music to life in the bayou.

View attachment 778333
Felipe the Frog – Deep among the cypress trees, you’ll hear band leader Felipe making musical magic on the piano! Felipe is also the proprietor of an exclusive bayou night club, where the local fireflies love to dance the night away to a musical recipe of hot rhythms and spicy melodies. He’s an old-school family guy, especially to his “family” in the band.

Mayra the Frog – Have you ever seen a frog play a flower blossom like a trumpet? You will when you meet Mayra; be sure to stick around for one of her toe-tapping solos. Mayra’s the most ambitious of the four frogs and has been practicing her instrument since she was just a tadpole!

Mondo the Frog – Mondo is a natural on the conga drums, which he made as a happy accident when his favorite bottle cap got stuck on his second-favorite acorn. From there, the rhythm in Mondo’s soul took over! He’s very copacetic and accepts what comes, a trait as steady and reliable as his drumbeat.

Isabel the Green Tree Frog – Learning from Mondo’s example, Isabel loves getting lost in the music playing her congas. She’s the youngest member of the group, and there’s nothing she loves more than “going with the flow” and getting to play drums all night long!

From Zydeco to Rara to Afro-Cuban jazz, you’ll hear all kinds of musical flavors from critters big and small around the bayou, just like you would walking the streets of the French Quarter in the Crescent City. Of course, not everyone you’ll meet in the attraction is a musician – among others are a couple of amphibious friends who love to sit back, relax and catch up on all the gossip from around the bayou. Gloria and Delores the frogs are best friends who love to observe folks as they float in logs down the bayou. Don’t be surprised if they keep their watchful eyes on you as you float by.

Also, keep an eye out for Lari the armadillo. This mischievous fella, while quiet in demeanor, seems to always show up where you least expect him to. I hear he has a habit of “borrowing” things that aren’t his (although those things eventually make it into the right “paws”).

View attachment 778334View attachment 778335

Speaking of critters big and small, you’ll meet them throughout the attraction, and some really are … big, with an even bigger personality.

Details from the link below.

Throughout the journey, they'll stand as statues, silently observing us, and be the surprise last animatronic group of critters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom