News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Ngram measures the use of a word or phrase against all other words. That's why it's use is 'miniscule' (in addition to having a lot less written records of the time). But we can see an uptick in usage.

Did your economy classes include chapters of how often economic words and phrases appeared in print?

It's certainly as popular as "tin pan alley" which is a well known song style of the time...

View attachment 778325
NGrams are fun to look at, but you've picked a relatively niche term for the time. Ask an average Joe in NOLA back in 1927 if he's heard of Tin Pan Alley. But I'll bet he's heard of labor unions! Let's look at that NGram:
1712755724503.png

Or how about employee owned vs flapper, a popular style for women back then:
1712756283691.png

Anyhoo, I've got to go teach my class now, so I don't have time for more cultural/economic analyses! Have a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Day!

Incomudro

You do realize that the NGram you're showing is talking about a miniscule mention of "employee-owned business" (.0000000507% in 1929). That hardly constitutes as "certainly in use." The percentage is 0 in 1927. You haven't really proven your point. I have a degree in US History and I can tell you, having taken specific classes on the history of the American economy, employee-owned businesses were not advertised in the way Tiana's Foods is being advertised. I get that some people want to defend this ride against all criticism, but let's not change history to fit the weak narrative choices they have made.
"Employee Owned" wouldn't even have been advertised 20 years ago, let alone in the 1920's.
They are using present day slogans applied to a ride dated in the 1920's in order to appeal and appease present day sentiments.

Incomudro

The forced “employee-owned coop” narrative is clearly just Disney apologizing for their own story. In order to justify the ride’s elevation, they made it a salt mine, which meant Tiana couldn’t just own a restaurant, but an entire food empire.

But of course, making Tiana a greedy capitalist executive would go against everything they believe in at The Walt Disney Company®, Inc. Corp. LLC. So they have to overtly advertise that Tiana’s Foods does not follow the traditional oppressive corporate structure.

The issue here is not that the company is “employee-owned.” It’s that Disney feels compelled to tell us that and advertise it when it has no bearing on the story. I haven’t seen any signs advertising the number of employees at the company or whether they have casual Fridays, for example, because it would be irrelevant and out of place.
Exactly.

Bocabear

Why shouldn’t they? Their target audience, after all, is present day people.
But it is a story set in the 1920s... So why aren't the Pirates using jet skis....because that is what people of the 21st century have... They should have stuck to the original story and not taken the character down this anachronistic road that does nothing to further the narrative... She could have owned the restaurant and been a great beloved boss lady... who had a loyal staff that she took very good care of... That would fit the original narrative...

DCBaker

Premium Member
The last batch of critters has been revealed.

The musical tapestry of New Orleans is woven with traditions and voices from all over the world. We’ve gotten a sneak peek at critters who play Zydeco music, and critters who perform Rara music, and now it’s time to introduce you to critters who bring the jazzy sounds and complex rhythms of Afro-Cuban music to life in the bayou.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 10.01.34 AM.png

Felipe the Frog – Deep among the cypress trees, you’ll hear band leader Felipe making musical magic on the piano! Felipe is also the proprietor of an exclusive bayou night club, where the local fireflies love to dance the night away to a musical recipe of hot rhythms and spicy melodies. He’s an old-school family guy, especially to his “family” in the band.

Mayra the Frog – Have you ever seen a frog play a flower blossom like a trumpet? You will when you meet Mayra; be sure to stick around for one of her toe-tapping solos. Mayra’s the most ambitious of the four frogs and has been practicing her instrument since she was just a tadpole!

Mondo the Frog – Mondo is a natural on the conga drums, which he made as a happy accident when his favorite bottle cap got stuck on his second-favorite acorn. From there, the rhythm in Mondo’s soul took over! He’s very copacetic and accepts what comes, a trait as steady and reliable as his drumbeat.

Isabel the Green Tree Frog – Learning from Mondo’s example, Isabel loves getting lost in the music playing her congas. She’s the youngest member of the group, and there’s nothing she loves more than “going with the flow” and getting to play drums all night long!

From Zydeco to Rara to Afro-Cuban jazz, you’ll hear all kinds of musical flavors from critters big and small around the bayou, just like you would walking the streets of the French Quarter in the Crescent City. Of course, not everyone you’ll meet in the attraction is a musician – among others are a couple of amphibious friends who love to sit back, relax and catch up on all the gossip from around the bayou. Gloria and Delores the frogs are best friends who love to observe folks as they float in logs down the bayou. Don’t be surprised if they keep their watchful eyes on you as you float by.

Also, keep an eye out for Lari the armadillo. This mischievous fella, while quiet in demeanor, seems to always show up where you least expect him to. I hear he has a habit of “borrowing” things that aren’t his (although those things eventually make it into the right “paws”).

uytrewrtyuiuytrewsasdfgtyhui.jpg
nbvcxsdfrtgyhujnhbgvfdsdertyui.jpg

Speaking of critters big and small, you’ll meet them throughout the attraction, and some really are … big, with an even bigger personality.

Details from the link below.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

The musical tapestry of New Orleans is woven with traditions and voices from all over the world. We’ve gotten a sneak peek at critters who play Zydeco music, and critters who perform Rara music, and now it’s time to introduce you to critters who bring the jazzy sounds and complex rhythms of Afro-Cuban music to life in the bayou.

View attachment 778333
Felipe the Frog – Deep among the cypress trees, you’ll hear band leader Felipe making musical magic on the piano! Felipe is also the proprietor of an exclusive bayou night club, where the local fireflies love to dance the night away to a musical recipe of hot rhythms and spicy melodies. He’s an old-school family guy, especially to his “family” in the band.

Mayra the Frog – Have you ever seen a frog play a flower blossom like a trumpet? You will when you meet Mayra; be sure to stick around for one of her toe-tapping solos. Mayra’s the most ambitious of the four frogs and has been practicing her instrument since she was just a tadpole!

Mondo the Frog – Mondo is a natural on the conga drums, which he made as a happy accident when his favorite bottle cap got stuck on his second-favorite acorn. From there, the rhythm in Mondo’s soul took over! He’s very copacetic and accepts what comes, a trait as steady and reliable as his drumbeat.

Isabel the Green Tree Frog – Learning from Mondo’s example, Isabel loves getting lost in the music playing her congas. She’s the youngest member of the group, and there’s nothing she loves more than “going with the flow” and getting to play drums all night long!

From Zydeco to Rara to Afro-Cuban jazz, you’ll hear all kinds of musical flavors from critters big and small around the bayou, just like you would walking the streets of the French Quarter in the Crescent City. Of course, not everyone you’ll meet in the attraction is a musician – among others are a couple of amphibious friends who love to sit back, relax and catch up on all the gossip from around the bayou. Gloria and Delores the frogs are best friends who love to observe folks as they float in logs down the bayou. Don’t be surprised if they keep their watchful eyes on you as you float by.

Also, keep an eye out for Lari the armadillo. This mischievous fella, while quiet in demeanor, seems to always show up where you least expect him to. I hear he has a habit of “borrowing” things that aren’t his (although those things eventually make it into the right “paws”).

View attachment 778334View attachment 778335

Speaking of critters big and small, you’ll meet them throughout the attraction, and some really are … big, with an even bigger personality.

I was really rooting for you @TheCoasterNerd 😂🙃

Mireille

Premium Member
Employee-owned co-op or not, I'm looking forward to riding on a boat with lots of animatronics and fun music and thrilling drops. I'm not looking for a faithful recreation of the 1920s or to learn about economic theory. Whee! I got splashed! That would have been great if not for the fact that they used the word "sustainable." Two thumbs down!

Yellow Strap

The forced “employee-owned coop” narrative is clearly just Disney apologizing for their own story. In order to justify the ride’s elevation, they made it a salt mine, which meant Tiana couldn’t just own a restaurant, but an entire food empire.

But of course, making Tiana a greedy capitalist executive would go against everything they believe in at The Walt Disney Company®, Inc. Corp. LLC. So they have to overtly advertise that Tiana’s Foods does not follow the traditional oppressive corporate structure.

The issue here is not that the company is “employee-owned.” It’s that Disney feels compelled to tell us that and advertise it when it has no bearing on the story. I haven’t seen any signs advertising the number of employees at the company or whether they have casual Fridays, for example, because it would be irrelevant and out of place.
Or...is a kids water ride....sheesh...

EagleScout610

What a wisecracker
Premium Member

View attachment 778333

The sort of "nest" shape of the trees makes me think this is where Br'er Bear was being stung by the bees. None of the trees in the upper How Do You Do scenes have that sort of frame effect to them, and there's no trees in the Laughin' Place and two free standing in the finale
Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 10.23.44 AM.png

retr0gate

Last time we got a picture of the interior people were able to figure out the location in the ride pretty quickly. Any theories as to where these new shots may be from?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still no date? That's pretty wild. Every single post about TBA on Disney's social media has been met with "that's nice, can we get an opening date though?"

Seems silly to keep releasing non-info updates without actually addressing what people want to know.
I think it is clear at this point here is some uncertainty on when it will be ready.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

View attachment 778333

Those photos have to be AI. I was told by the h8ters that this entire re-do would be filled with cheap screens and almost zero physical sets. 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom