News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

JohnD

The storyline is the biggest criticism I've heard from people involved so far. Very much aimed at the younger crowd for sure. But then this is Magic Kingdom :)
Looking for critters at least turns it back into a fun romp around the bayou. This should have been said a heck of a lot sooner. All we knew is that she was going into her salt mine to look for a "missing ingredient".

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Timoléon the Otter – He’s the eldest of the band, but Timoléon’s fiddle-playing is inspired by all the ‘kids’ he spends his time around while in the bayou. When he’s not sawing out a jig, he’s famous for telling stories of days long ago about his explorations of every corner of the bayou.

Sounds to me like they might pull a Br'er Frog and have him somewhere at the start of the ride saying "Now there was one day we ran out of spice for the party..."

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
Honestly! I really only pay attention when @DCBaker or @Drew the Disney Dude post, because I know actual construction updates and news are posted, not more complaints that don't belong here
Happy Crying GIF by Pokémon

JohnD

Timoléon the Otter – He’s the eldest of the band, but Timoléon’s fiddle-playing is inspired by all the ‘kids’ he spends his time around while in the bayou. When he’s not sawing out a jig, he’s famous for telling stories of days long ago about his explorations of every corner of the bayou.

Sounds to me like they might pull a Br'er Frog and have him somewhere at the start of the ride saying "Now there was one day we ran out of spice for the party..."
The "spice" being a critter band with some "kick".

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Definitely weird to aim something with a huge drop to that kind of target audience. Let’s see what they do with it though.
My thoughts as well. Tiana should have her own indoor attraction that’s more family friendly for all ages imo.

That would have also increased attraction counts and capacity but ya know that would make too much sense

Stupido

Personally, I kinda of love the idea of the missing ingredients being musical critters. In Princess and the Frog, Louis' dream was wanting to play Jazz with the Greats, but not being able to because of the way he looks. It's nice to think that Tiana would be more open minded after her original Bayou Adventure, and help other critters follow their dreams of playing music. Hopefully the final band is a healthy mix of humans and critters to help promote coexistence.

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
You are a a real champ.

Are you hanging out there most of the day to catalogue these updates?
I appreciate it! I can't take all the credit though, as everyone else knows, @DCBaker is a legend documenting the construction as well. I'm glad we are both documenting it.
Your reporting as well continues to be top notch! How long did you have to stand by though to be in that exact spot to get that shot when the creatives rode it?
Thank you! I got to Magic Kingdom around 12:30 the other day when the testing signs went up and stayed in the area the entire time until they were done riding, about a 5 hour long day in the same area... 100% worth it though.

JohnD

At first I was a little disappointed that the story is very simple. Then I remember that Splash Mountain is just a story about a Fox chasing around a Rabbit so I think this could work well.
I was worried the storyline was too complex. She was looking for a missing ingredient for a dish to help keep her co-op restaurant afloat, rhetorically, that is. Now, she's just going through the bayou rounding up critters for a band. A much simpler storyline.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom