News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

Weird that they would describe it only as "THE Tiana Audio-Animatronics character" when that's the one character we know there are multiple AAs for. Couldn't they have put an "s" at the end of character??!
The wording makes sense enough to me within the context of the marketing. Even with duplicate figures, Tiana is a single character, not multiple characters. If they had said "The Tiana Audio-Animatronics FIGURE", then that would make more sense to use a plural.

She's definitely going to have multiple figures throughout the ride. Like at least three i'd guess.

celluloid

Weird that they would describe it only as "THE Tiana Audio-Animatronics character" when that's the one character we know there are multiple AAs for. Couldn't they have put an "s" at the end of character??!
View attachment 765087

No, this is grammatically correct. Animatronics makes it plural. Tiana is the same character no matter how many AA's there are. It is ugly but it is accurate.

EPCOT-O.G.

View attachment 765087
I agree with the point others are making re plural vs not, but, I can’t imagine the multiple Tiana AAs in the ride are exact duplicates of one another? I have to imagine we will see multiple variations of this singular AA throughout the ride, but that they’ll be different each time (different movement, different clothing perhaps). It’s a weird phrasing.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
I was told very early on (not long after D23 2022) that the ride would have a very impressive number of AA's. Uncharacterstic for anything they've built in a very very long time. They were the first person who mentioned this. I was never given an exact amount, but it was said that it would not disappoint people who appreciated that aspect of Splash.

I was concerned when Splash Archive came onto the scene and seemed to throw some cold water onto things. But when I saw the renders he got ahold of, I suspected he may have been working off of incomplete information given all of the blatant empty spaces that don't seem to exist for any reason other than to house AA's. Though for the record, Archive has remained adament on their prior claims of these being representative of the final roster of figures. So if he ends up being correct, then i'll owe him an apology.

All that said, again my source now claims they've seen finalized mockups and the ride is very well populated. Especially the finale which again was described as having "easily as many" AA's as Splash. So i'm feeling some relief at the moment. It will be a very easy claim to debunk, and it shouldn't be too awfully long before we get to see ourselves.

It's one of those things that we'll probably never know for sure, given that Disney isn't ever going to make a public comment.

My source claimed they know with 100% certainty that Iger has never visited the ride and made no comments on it. And again, given their already negative opinion of Iger, I don't think they'd make such a claim without good reason and evidence. Whether the evidence they were given is true or not, no clue.

I myself err on the side of doubting the tour story. Iger is well known to not be someone who visits the parks to tour in progress projects like these. If he paid any attention to the project at all, it's likely just to watch a CGI mockup or storybook in the comfort of his office. The idea of his opinions being leaked publicly by one of the people in his entourage is also pretty far fetched to me. It would be insanely easy to trace who heard said comment and leaked it, and heads would roll.

I don't know who the true origin of the Iger tour claim is. But my source believes it's someone with a malicious agenda against the project and perhaps WDI as a whole. Apparently Brayden in particular has made himself a lot of enemies at WDI over spreading a number of lies. TBA included. He has seemingly yet to retract that "only 17 AA's" bit he propagated. Not saying that you're getting your own info from Brayden. Just figured i'd mention this so other people know not to put any stock in his commentary.

I get the sense that Archive was making assumptions based on what the renders he got ahold of seemed to show, or rather didn't show. I do think the renders are probably legitimate, but to me they clearly look extremely incomplete. Far moreso than even those virtual ride throughs Disney has released of some of their other attractions like 7DMT and Tokyos' BATB ride. He also initially claimed there would only be 6 figures in the finale (which is still in the original tweet), but changed that to 9 after I noted that the render was missing three characters confirmed to appear in the ride.

If he actually received explicit confirmation from someone working on the ride for his claims, then that's another matter. And we'll see what ends up being true, again i'll apologize to him and anyone else if it turns out i'm wrong. But having seen his renders myself, there are way too many suspiciously placed empty platforms for me to assume no other characters are going to be included. Along with again the different screenshots showing different combinations of the characters (or no characters at all in one of them).

Again I'm not trying to step on any toes here. Ultimately only the final product will prove whose sources ended up being correct. Just sharing what was said on my end. I do hope for the sake of all of us that the claims I was told about the AA population are true.
Hope you're right! I assure you my source is not Brayden! My source doesn't care about Splash Mountain at all.
The wording makes sense enough to me within the context of the marketing. Even with duplicate figures, Tiana is a single character, not multiple characters. If they had said "The Tiana Audio-Animatronics FIGURE", then that would make more sense to use a plural.

She's definitely going to have multiple figures throughout the ride. Like at least three i'd guess.
No, this is grammatically correct. Animatronics makes it plural. Tiana is the same character no matter how many AA's there are. It is ugly but it is accurate.
I just thought it was strange that they used the phrase "figures" in an earlier part of the bio and then shifted to calling it a character—but I suppose that could mean she designed what the "character" in animatronic form would look like.
Reaching for so many straws that we have to pay attention to our plurals now I guess
Good morning to you! What can I say, I'm made of straw! But at least I've got a brain!
14a19b4ea1f9a57663c77f7337625d0976239579.gifv

In all seriousness, I'll be happy to have my house of straw blown down by the Big Bad Wolf of TBA. Please, WDI knock my socks off! I'm begging you!

Disstevefan1

That's sort of my point - I don't know how many "official" AAs Splash actually had. One of my complaints about modern Disney is that build very complicated AAs like the Shaman or Kylo Ren instead of constructing actual scenes with lots of figures. How many AAs did the riverboat scene in Splash have? My ignorance makes it possible the figures we already know will about in the Tiana finale may technically be more AAs then were present in the Splash climax.
There will be plenty of YouTubers to count them for us.

aladdin2007

There will be plenty of YouTubers to count them for us.
they will be the only ones to win the lottery to even get on the ride, the rest of us forget it. I would like to know how Disney thinks regular visitor are suppose to. Not everyone can be there or on the app mess at 7am to fight for a boarding group. I know I know they aren't interested in the regular visitor, but the whole process is a turn off. Ride operation has worked fine for years and years between standby and the prior fast pass. They are just over complicating everything.

Last edited:

Sectorkeeper71

they will be the only ones to win the lottery to even get on the ride, the rest of us forget it. I would like to know how Disney thinks regular visitor are suppose to. Not everyone can be there or on the app mess at 7am to fight for a boarding group. I know I know they aren't interested in the regular visitor, but the whole process is a turn off. Ride operation has worked fine for years and years between standby and the prior fast pass. They are just over complicating everything.
I agree wholeheartedly here; with something like Rise I could understand because the reliability of the ride being what it was/is, it made managing crowds easier.

For everything else? Let people wait in lines; if it’s too long for them to want to wait in then they won’t, as humanity has done for millennia

MerlinTheGoat

I agree wholeheartedly here; with something like Rise I could understand because the reliability of the ride being what it was/is, it made managing crowds easier.

For everything else? Let people wait in lines; if it’s too long for them to want to wait in then they won’t, as humanity has done for millennia
This isn't a defense of virtual queue as I hate them too. But I will say that Splash's ability to work fine with an ordinary line for decades won't be applicable to Tiana in at least during the honeymoon period.

On the day Splash closed, the wait times reached over 3.5 hours. The line itself stretched far outside of the boundaries of the main queue. If I recall, they had it routed to Pecos Bills and even beyond. Genie and Lightning Lane definitely contributed to inflating this beyond what it would have been with just standby, but it would still have been a multi hour long wait and likely stretched well outside the normal queue.

If allowed to operate normally, Tiana would probably match or perhaps even surpass this line for a while. Even if they did so without Genie and just had a normal standby line, it would probably have a multi-hour wait and break the boundaries of its queue. And since Disney isn't interesting in having a line stretching almost into Adventureland every day for possibly months, it'll probably have a VQ for some time. The question is whether it'll remain in place for only a few months like Ratatouille, or if it maintains a high popularity and keeps the VQ in place for years like GOTG or Tron.

Sectorkeeper71

This isn't a defense of virtual queue as I hate them too. But I will say that Splash's ability to work fine with an ordinary line for decades won't be applicable to Tiana in at least during the honeymoon period.

On the day Splash closed, the wait times reached over 3.5 hours. The line itself stretched far outside of the boundaries of the main queue. If I recall, they had it routed to Pecos Bills and even beyond. Genie and Lightning Lane definitely contributed to inflating this beyond what it would have been with just standby, but it would still have been a multi hour long wait and likely stretched well outside the normal queue.

If allowed to operate normally, Tiana would probably match or perhaps even surpass this line for a while. Even if they did so without Genie and just had a normal standby line, it would probably have a multi-hour wait and break the boundaries of its queue. And since Disney isn't interesting in having a line stretching almost into Adventureland every day for possibly months, it'll probably have a VQ for some time. The question is whether it'll remain in place for only a few months like Ratatouille, or if it maintains a high popularity and keeps the VQ in place for years like GOTG or Tron.
I just don’t like when it stays in place for an extended period. I do see your point regarding that immediate opening period; I think you can certainly see where it’s warranted then. I believe splash has a fairly extensive queue footprint though, so hopefully that means they’ll be able to keep the crowds from overflowing easier and (wishful thinking) keep the times it’s a VQ limited

Magenta Panther

This is, by far, the worst decision for Splash to me. Part of the thrill of the fall is the setup of the lift. You had a whole journey of happy songs, and suddenly you go up to this eerie tune and ambience, which helped add to the thrill of the whole thing

Mama Odie isn't going to scare anyone. Going up to happy songs and ambience is going to diminish the excitement for the fall, which is the whole gist of the ride. And of all IPs, Tiana had the literal perfect song for the lift. Friends on the other side singing "are you ready" at the part might have made the fall even more exciting.

Well, I agree with you, except about Mama Odie. IMO, she's one of the ugliest characters Disney has ever created:

mama odie.jpg

Can you imagine that thing full-sized, three-dimensional, talking and moving and everything?

How nice that we're getting THAT instead of a sleek, handsome villain:

facilier.jpg

or a cute bunny rabbit:

brer rabbit.jpg

Who's gonna buy a plushie of Mama Odie (short for "Odious"?) She looks like Quasimodo's ugly sister!

MerlinTheGoat

I just don’t like when it stays in place for an extended period. I do see your point regarding that immediate opening period; I think you can certainly see where it’s warranted then. I believe splash has a fairly extensive queue footprint though, so hopefully that means they’ll be able to keep the crowds from overflowing easier and (wishful thinking) keep the times it’s a VQ limited
Splash does have a fairly lengthy queue. However, it often gets very full during just the regular busy seasons (outside of really cold times of the year). I'll also note that at some point in time, they already extended Splash's queue from when it first opened. I don't know when they did it, but from what I recall the main entrance was originally the barn itself.

They are completely redoing the exterior queue below the train station. I don't know if what they're doing will improve the capacity though. Theoretically they might be able to add some of it by using extra space underneath the station. They did dismantle the old toddler play area. So perhaps some of the newly rerouted pathways will indeed provide extended queue space. While they don't appear to be doing anything with the Briar Patch shop currently, that was another space that could theoretically have been used for extended queue space.

Sectorkeeper71

Splash does have a fairly lengthy queue. However, it often gets very full during just the regular busy seasons (outside of really cold times of the year). I'll also note that at some point in time, they already extended Splash's queue from when it first opened. I don't know when they did it, but from what I recall the main entrance was originally the barn itself.

They are completely redoing the exterior queue below the train station. I don't know if what they're doing will improve the capacity though. Theoretically they might be able to add some of it by using extra space underneath the station. They did dismantle the old toddler play area. So perhaps some of the newly rerouted pathways will indeed provide extended queue space. While they don't appear to be doing anything with the Briar Patch shop currently, that was another space that could theoretically have been used for extended queue space.
It’ll be interesting how they configure things. I’m trying to remember, but the briar patch was a pretty decent sized space correct? I figure it’s a given there’ll be a shop attached to this in some way, but curious of whether they’ll utilize that or put it further in the back near where the ride exits; tho for crowd flow briar patch makes more sense to use since it won’t force people to go under the train station against opposing traffic to get there

MerlinTheGoat

Well, I agree with you, except about Mama Odie. IMO, she's one of the ugliest characters Disney has ever created. Can you imagine that thing full-sized, three-dimensional, talking and moving and everything?

How nice that we're getting THAT instead of a sleek, handsome villain

or a cute bunny rabbit

Who's gonna buy a plushie of Mama Odie (short for "Odious"?) She looks like Quasimodo's ugly sister!
She's not supposed to be an attractive character, she's 200 years old. While you'll find plenty of people who aren't happy with this retheme and are (rightfully) upset at the exclusion of Facilier, you also won't find many people who dislike Mama Odie either or care about her appearance. She's a very funny, entertaining and endearing character on her own merits.

Odie is a real name btw, and probably her surname.

It’ll be interesting how they configure things. I’m trying to remember, but the briar patch was a pretty decent sized space correct? I figure it’s a given there’ll be a shop attached to this in some way, but curious of whether they’ll utilize that or put it further in the back near where the ride exits; tho for crowd flow briar patch makes more sense to use since it won’t force people to go under the train station against opposing traffic to get there
So far, the Briar Patch is untouched as far as I can tell. If they were to reconfigure it to use the entire space including the storage room, it could have potentially added maybe 25-30% more space to the exterior parts of the queue (not including the interior of the barn or any of the upstairs sections and cavern). Perhaps even a bit more with potential alterations needed to connect the building to walkways to the existing queue.

I don't know what their long term plans for this space are, if any. It has been shuttered for quite some time I believe even before Splash closed. And even when it was still open, they had stopped selling Splash merch a long time ago. I suspect for the moment, they'll be using the exit shop where photos are sold for Tiana merch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom