News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I‘ve read through these pages and I’m so glad I have a grip on reality because sheesh 🥴.

It’s a ride. I think the new version is really cute and a great upgrade. I’ll definitely ride when I’m there.
Another person on a disney park fan forum site wondering why disney park fans are passionate about something they care about.

Surferboy567

I mostly concur with you. I enjoy aspects. The set design, lighting, music, and AAs are sublime. The screens do feel off to me, even if well-integrated into the set.

I always had felt a bit iffy when all the backstory started coming out, and bits of story, but I had hoped it all tied together nicely. For me the story really does lack, and it feels as if the queue and the ride has two different teams in charge.

It just all feels very… corporate, ride by numbers. It needs a bit more whimsy, in fact it may just need a bit less story.
I think you really nailed it, especially with that last line. It’s not necessarily bad the scenery is nice, the music is nice, the AA’s are nice to look at. It’s just very safe very…corporate. As in this had so much more potential than what they delivered. The story isn’t really doing it much favors either.

This replaced one of the most famous and iconic attractions in any park. Arguably the world’s most famous log flume. A fact that is going to make this attraction struggle with reception more than others. Safe isn’t going to go over well with people when you replaced such a staple attraction.

Again, not necessarily bad just really safe. Following an act like splash with safe is never going to go over well.

LittleBuford

I mostly concur with you. I enjoy aspects. The set design, lighting, music, and AAs are sublime. The screens do feel off to me, even if well-integrated into the set.

I always had felt a bit iffy when all the backstory started coming out, and bits of story, but I had hoped it all tied together nicely. For me the story really does lack, and it feels as if the queue and the ride has two different teams in charge.

It just all feels very… corporate, ride by numbers. It needs a bit more whimsy, in fact it may just need a bit less story.
I agree with all of this except for the last sentence. The ride itself (I’m excluding the irrelevant backstory) doesn’t have what I’d call a real story. There’s nothing driving or motivating our journey through the bayou except for some vaguely explained search for animal musicians. I can’t quite work out why Mama Odie shrinks us.

Yes, it could use more whimsy, but what it’s really lacking is a compelling narrative thread.

Last edited:

mightynine

I assume we will be going through the offices in the queue so it will be featured to some extent, but it still seems irrelevant to anything that happens on the actual attraction.
Feels like it was a backstory to justify what the new exterior would look like since you ain’t gonna find no mountains in the bayou, chere.

pigglewiggle

Perhaps everyone's opinion of Splash is going to be the deciding factor.

In our family, Splash was not in our top 10 favorite rides. We liked it, but there were visits where we would even skip it.

That could be why we like the looks of this new version and aren't having these seemingly very emotional feelings about it.

pigglewiggle

Im happy a lot of people like what theyve done with it. I personally dont. As someone whose favorite disney animated movie is Princess and the Frog, this doesnt scratch that itch. Moving on.

This is another aspect. We aren't huge Princess and The Frog fans. We like it, but not like a Little Mermaid for us.

That could be another reason we like this new ride. Not emotionally invested.

Now if they screw up Moana...

Meeko77

I ended up watching the movie today on Disney+ which I admittedly hadn’t seen since the day I saw it in the theater. I have to admit I appreciated the ride a bit more, but there were so many moments during the movie that made me wonder why they couldn’t have included even more (and yes, I know this is all supposed to take place after the events from the movie).

aladdin2007

wdwmagics comments were interesting regarding the pov : As Tiana's Bayou Adventure prepares to open, it remains to be seen how the attraction will be received by the wider public. For now, the mixed reactions from the official POV video highlight the challenges Disney faces in reimagining beloved attractions while meeting the high expectations of its fans.

I think, that this is why Disney does not want fans anymore, and have been trying to rid of "us-them" for awhile now. They want to do what they want to do at a lesser cost for a different audience all together, mainly people from overseas. Who will fork out the money no matter what. They are starting to turn this park into a model of Shanghai's park,,,and I dont like that. Keep taking away for shiny more barren things that don't stand up to the quality and art and skill and story that they use to infuse in everything they did. Won't matter the tourists will pack the place anyway. Just an observation on how Disney may be thinking/treating its parks here.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
No stakes?

Ok.

Carousel of Progress has no stakes.
Teacups has no stakes.
It's a Small World has no stakes.
Speedway has no stakes.
People Mover has no stakes.
The railroad has no stakes.
Dumbo/Carpets/Carousel/all spinners have no stakes.
Space Mountain has no stakes.
7DMT has no stakes.
Enchanted Tales with Belle has no stakes.
Pirates of the Caribbean has no stakes (for the guests).
Soarin' has no stakes.
Living with the Land has no stakes.
Test Track has no stakes.
Festival of the Lion King has no stakes.
K. Safari has no stakes.
RnRC has no stakes.
Navi RJ has no stakes.

Not a single one of those rides were DESIGNED to have stakes. Splash's track was.

Tha Realest

The POV release itself is so odd, and a conversation seperate altogether.

What is going on?

Was this an attempt to put the fanatics who were going to try and show up expecting a standby or still put thousands who are ok not trying to book a virtual queue every morning at bay for a bit until they let the larger revenue-based guests ride?
It’s a tried and true tactic in PR. Get out ahead of the bad news.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom