News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

MerlinTheGoat

Maybe I’m imagining things, it looks like a lighted figure.

TBA will have n-1 animatronics though. This is known.
It doesn't really look like anything to me, just background scenery. Think you might be mistaken.

Also, isn't the armadillo said to be a static prop, neither a proper AA nor even a simple moving figure? One of the interior figures of Louis trapped inside a log seems to move a little, but only a tiny bit at the end of the tail based off the video they showed. Not sure whether the one outside will move, but I'm not expecting much if any motion.

BTW, not sure if i'm familiar with n-1 animatronics. What are those?

TheRealSkull

I'm surprised at people surprised at them reusing trees, when they confirmed that a lot of the rockwork and trees would be reused in a press release back in December. I also am surprised because a lot of the same people complaining about it, are the same ones who wanted the splash scenes to stay intact as much as possible...
You just can't win with theme park fandom, my friend.

rtmachine

I'm surprised at people surprised at them reusing trees, when they confirmed that a lot of the rockwork and trees would be reused in a press release back in December. I also am surprised because a lot of the same people complaining about it, are the same ones who wanted the splash scenes to stay intact as much as possible...
I'm pretty sure those trees are support columns made to look like trees, kinda like the way they made the floating mountings in Pandora.

In the Parks
No
You were born in 97?

Because the rhetoric sounds like someone from the baby boomer generation.
Yep, Northwestern University Class of 2019, History major! I'm a bit of dinosaur, I know, especially on that campus, but I'm actually a fun guy!
Does everything have to be a history lesson with you? I doubt the mods like cleaning up this chat every time you try to rationalize your thinking with a 4 paragraph lecture about war and economics that nobody cares about.
I do like history, see above. Always looking for parallels and connections, but I see it's difficult to have such a nuanced discussion here.

Getting back to the original topic here, I'm anxiously awaiting the day when we can finally stop debating what this ride MIGHT be about and we can start debating about what the ride ACTUALLY IS. Only a few more days till all the questions are answered...

Ice Gator

Yep, Northwestern University Class of 2019, History major! I'm a bit of dinosaur, I know, especially on that campus, but I'm actually a fun guy!

I do like history, see above. Always looking for parallels and connections, but I see it's difficult to have such a nuanced discussion here.

Getting back to the original topic here, I'm anxiously awaiting the day when we can finally stop debating what this ride MIGHT be about and we can start debating about what the ride ACTUALLY IS. Only a few more days till all the questions are answered...
Wasn’t trying to give you a hard time by the way, I get it, and find myself rambling off topic from time to time on here too. Cannot wait for those first POVs to drop, whenever that may be.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
1000000805.png

Oh no

pigglewiggle

Majority of people who will eventually go on this ride (after it calms down) aren't Disney Parks super fans, let alone Splash Mountain superfans, such as those on this site. They will not notice or care that the trees have been reused from Splash Mountain.

The two pictures side by side, Tiana's ride is actually more visually appealing.
Can't comment on animatronic emptiness as we really haven't seen anything yet.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
How would the frogs have not fit in a bayou? The attraction's gonna be filled with new frogs.
Well, if the bayou was 5 miles across and the frog had a torso diameter of 7 miles, the frog would overhang the bayou by a full mile on two sides! This seems unlikely. However, if the volume of the of the bayou was 1e12 cubic feet (used Bartholomew Bayou and assumed an average depth of 2 feet) and the volume of the average bull frog was ~ 0.02 cubic feet (calculated in two ways, 0.5 feet *0.2 feet * 0.2 feet or 17 oz (typical bull frog weight) to cubic feet, these are both rough approximations that don't take into account specifics of the bullfrog shape or the bullfrog's specific density). Anyway, that would imply that the maximum number of bullfrogs in the bayou would be 5e13 and that no more would fit. That's a LOT of frogs. However, it does assume that the frogs are packed in the tightest formation possible. A closest froggy packing structure if you will. So, I would say something like 1e13 would be the actual max number of frogs in this particular bayou and no more would fit. So, the implication is that unfortunately there will be a maximum number of frogs that would fit in Tiana's bayou. Another thing that is not taken into account, is that an attraction actually used the maximum number of frogs (sculptures and animatronics in this case) would probably alienate people who had frog phobias or people who wanted to see main characters from the movie. However, the characters could appear many times in frog form, but this would be weird for all but one character. Even then, you'd have to be at the correct point on the story timeline.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom