News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

gerarar

Premium Member
Your own charts (thank-you, BTW!) show that TRON rarely has a day when both the morning and afternoon lotteries are both less than 20 seconds.

Why do you think TRON still needs the VQ, especially when it's pretty likely that TBA will be getting the VQ treatment?
The morning drops only recently started lasting >5 seconds since like March, which indicative of less demand/crowds at the parks, somewhat of a "slow" period.

At this point I think the only reason the VQ is being kept for Tron is due to ILL. It usually sells out everyday, which is a good thing. However you could also look at the inverse and see that the return times for ILL is usually within an hour, which could also indicate there isn’t much demand for it. If they remove the VQ, does that hurt or help ILL sales? Maybe they don't want to pull the trigger and stick with the status quo for now and wait for an actual need to switch it (TBA).

I do think that once TBA opens, Tron will lose its VQ and go to standby. But I've said this a couple times before for GOTG: CR, and that still has VQ..

I think TBAs opening is a logical time to switch the VQ but the harder calculus is: does TRON keep ILL with SDMT going to Genie or vice-versa?
SDMT has higher ILL demand and sells out faster for the day than Tron. Due to this, I believe Tron will move to Genie+ and SDMT will stay as ILL along with TBA. It will also boost G+ sales during the off-season (like right now) imo..

CntrlFlPete

The morning drops only recently started lasting >5 seconds since like March, which indicative of less demand/crowds at the parks, somewhat of a "slow" period.

At this point I think the only reason the VQ is being kept for Tron is due to ILL. It usually sells out everyday, which is a good thing. However you could also look at the inverse and see that the return times for ILL is usually within an hour, which could also indicate there isn’t much demand for it. If they remove the VQ, does that hurt or help ILL sales? Maybe they don't want to pull the trigger and stick with the status quo for now and wait for an actual need to switch it (TBA).

I do think that once TBA opens, Tron will lose its VQ and go to standby. But I've said this a couple times before for GOTG: CR, and that still has VQ..

SDMT has higher ILL demand and sells out faster for the day than Tron. Due to this, I believe Tron will move to Genie+ and SDMT will stay as ILL along with TBA. It will also boost G+ sales during the off-season (like right now) imo..

I wonder how much is tied to guest satisfaction STATs. I mean look at it as an offering for the guest that visit once within a five-year period. They need to ride the 'new' stuff. They are giving to chance to ride the new shinny things by scheduling a return time (similar to how FP+ worked) or if they miss their chance in the lottery, they can buy a return time.

Not sure if there is any logic from that sort of view, but I can see why they would want offer a 'free' return time option (VQ) for their newest attractions as well as an individual purchase option.

I would think that ILL sales would rise if standby exists as an option (as long as the ride is popular enough to be bringing people to the park in the first place) but by having to VQ option, a guest that is planning could see they have a good chance of seeing the new attractions at a scheduled time.

ToTBellHop

Refresh....refresh...refresh...
Skeleton Waiting At Desk

Refresh...

ToTBellHop

From a quick Google search
Tron does 1,680 pph.
7Dwarf mine train does 1,300pph.

Tron sold at $20 per ILL today
7Dwarf sold at $11 per ILL today

I know which one I'm keeping on ILL if I'm Disney
Tron does not hit that number. We also don't know the proportion of ILL to Standby for either. I have suspicions. But they are just suspicions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom