News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

mickEblu

I've said it before - I never got the idea that there was an illusion of the log plummeting into the briar patch.
I'm willing to bet a large portion of park goers didn't either.
In any event it's a log flume splashing down.
It works that way.

Although I appreciated the design I agree. I didn’t really read it like that either and that’s with knowing the backstory too. I’d imagine most people didn’t read it that way.

donaldtoo

That photo is fairly dark - here's a photo from March 31 in the light that has a glimpse of detail work that has already been done.

Yea, I remember seeing that pic way back in the thread, but couldn’t remember how far back it was.
Maybe they’re still testing colors, or they just don’t want to reveal them yet…?

ᗩLᘿᑕ ✨ ᗩζᗩᗰ

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
Looks like they still need to detail the frogs on the log, as well…
9CA5CBFB-D51F-4897-8D51-BABA39B7E463.jpeg
Interesting that they're labeled Scene 1 and Scene 2. Interactive? And the eyes specifically appear to be made of a different material.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Gloria and Delores the frogs are best friends who love to observe folks as they float in logs down the bayou with my mom when she was researching spiders right before she died.

In all seriousness, this one of the backstories might be the silliest of all, implying that folks "float IN logs down the bayou" on a regular basis...

Mikomike12

Supposedly one of the reasons the Waterwheel Millhouse was completely rebuilt was to be able to support a Tiana animatronic in it, If the Frogs are Scene 2, Scene 3 would be the Millhouse. The first Tiana we see was labeled in Scene 3, Would make sense why they made the waterwheel building more of a building to be able to support the animatronic

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
Supposedly one of the reasons the Waterwheel Millhouse was completely rebuilt was to be able to support a Tiana animatronic in it, If the Frogs are Scene 2, Scene 3 would be the Millhouse. The first Tiana we see was labeled in Scene 3, Would make sense why they made the waterwheel building more of a building to be able to support the animatronic
Yeah and I had read on one of the websites that visited WDI there's supposed to be a Tiana in the first lift

Incomudro

Yes, I know that's how a log flume works. Thank you so much! However, this is a Disney attraction, not King's Island. They weren't designing a log flume, they were designing a story. Thoughtful little details like making the drop an active part of the story placemaking are what set Disney apart from regional parks and are a crucial part of what made them successful.

Not sure if this will blow your mind, but it's possible to hold the opinion that this will likely be a fantastic attraction while also preferring certain things about it's predecessor. Hell, I've even come way around to the new exterior and honestly find much of it more charming than Splash. I was simply commenting on a detail that I will miss. And whether you noticed it or not, it was very intentional. I'm honestly not even sure how you could look at a picture of Splash and not understand that it was what they were going for. The logs quite literally disappear into a huge patch of briars that is centered around the drop.

View attachment 779984

It's a similar effect as used on Summit Plummet, and I can't imagine anybody denying that's intended to look like the slider is going to fly off the jump.

View attachment 779985

For what it's worth, I originally had a couple more sentences at the end of my post kindly requesting that a certain group of posters not respond to my incredibly benign opinion about a little thing that I liked about Splash with needlessly snarky responses. I ultimately removed it, thinking surely nobody would take issue with my tiny little thoughts that ultimately didn't even actually complain about anything. Yet, here we are.
The ski jump intention is clearly obvious.

MerlinTheGoat

The water color has always varied somewhat, generally based on lighting and weather conditions. Granted, Tiana's had been looking more of a reddish/brown than Splash usually did. But I'd reiterate my comment that it was probably just due to the area being a dirty construction zone that was muddying the water. It already looks less brown now than it did when they first started testing logs. I expect it will continue to clear up and should pretty much identical to Splash's color once the ride has been running consistently for a while and all the loose sediment cycles and filters out.

MerlinTheGoat

Lights are purple tonight - this seems to be an *actual* test of the final color being decided on.

Are the purple lights only on the mountain, or in the water? I've noticed purple is a common color they light mountains up with.

Again referencing the concept render's lighting, which is more of a blue-ish color in the water and around the peak (with warm white for the upward tree lighting)-

1713404765688.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom