News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

donaldtoo

Can we all agree we would be a lot better off if they were basing the ride on the story of the movie, like some were initially hoping?

Then you get a storyline that actually has stakes, an awesome villain, and you avoid unnecessary history/economic lessons that very few people care about and appear to be mainly virtue signaling.

Yea, it’s kinda’ like the attraction is substituting for a PatF II movie.

Brer Bear

Guardians media was after CMs, but before everything else. TRON media was after every preview type, but there was also nothing to reveal for TRON. Tiana will likely follow the same timeline as Guardians.

I think there'll be previews, just after the media event. CMs should be before media. But like Golden Oak, etc? Not sure yet.
A little confused with all the different timelines for previews. Do we think this will be open to everybody by June 17ish??

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
that's a dude in a suit
Read my message again — I was talking about Tiana with the lantern.
A little confused with all the different timelines for previews. Do we think this will be open to everybody by June 17ish??
Personally, I do not think it will be open by June 17. I think we will still have previews then.
So, we'ere visit MK June 14th and 15th. I'm assuming we'll likely JUST be missing the general public being able to ride?
Very likely so, unfortunately — but I don't want to pretend I know the exact preview dates, I don't.

lentesta

Premium Member

I think it'll go like this:
  • June 3 is the first day CMs are currently blocked out of MK. So either:
    • (1) only MK CMs who work there will be able to do previews; or
    • (2) CM previews will start before June 3; or
    • (3) CM blockouts will change dates (and that in itself will be a hint).
  • If CM previews happen before June 3, I would expect:
    • The week of June 3 to be Golden Oak/high-roller previews
    • Then the media event
    • Then DVC/AP previews
    • Then a soft or official open
  • If CM previews happen after June 3, then all the other previews get pushed back to some time after the media event.

wishesnighttimespec

Could they potentially just drop previews all together and open the attraction and then have media day after the opening. I’m assuming they don’t want the media or even previews to share or leak ride content until after the public can ride.

Unbanshee

Could they potentially just drop previews all together and open the attraction and then have media day after the opening. I’m assuming they don’t want the media or even previews to share or leak ride content until after the public can ride.

You must be new here lol

Media will absolutely get to ride before the public. Especially for this ride, Disney will want the friendly's in there early

Drew the Disney Dude

In the Parks
Yes
The "grand reveal" of the entire attraction will be from the media event - so literally every photo, video, or piece of information you could want will come on June 11 at the latest.

Brer Bear

I think it'll go like this:
  • June 3is the first day CMs are currently blocked out of MK. So either:
    • (1) only MK CMs who work there will be able to do previews; or
    • (2) CM previews will start before June 3; or
    • (3) CM blockouts will change dates (and that in itself will be a hint).
  • If CM previews happen beforeJune 3, I would expect:
    • The week of June 3 to be Golden Oak/high-roller previews
    • Then the media event
    • Then DVC/AP previews
    • Then a soft or official open
  • If CM previews happen after June 3, then all the other previews get pushed back to some time after the media event.
Thanks Len....I'm a faithful Disney Dish listener and appreciate the show every week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom