News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

yensidtlaw1969

How much of those delays are covid related thought? I kinda give them a bit of a pass since there were the better part of 2 years that were totally messed up with supply chain and workforce issues.
COVID factored in, but Disney did also willfully inflate those construction timelines.

They've been working like hell to get Tiana's done in a reasonable timeframe. Should show to everyone that they can do it. Fingers crossed it resets guest expectations and forces Disney to take this approach more consistently.

JohnD

How much of those delays are covid related thought? I kinda give them a bit of a pass since there were the better part of 2 years that were totally messed up with supply chain and workforce issues.
I've asked that question previously and was told "That's no excuse."

Rodj

I wouldn’t be surprised if they wait until D23 so that it can fill up time, it’s exactly what they did with the Figment M&G and Destination D23.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
I'm still surprised that both the WDW and DL version are down at the same time. Right now, DL has two huge capacity eaters down (HM and SM) and no real definitive date as to when they'll reopen.
Disneyland also has like half a dozen more E-tickets than MK.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they wait until D23 so that it can fill up time, it’s exactly what they did with the Figment M&G and Destination D23.
I imagine the focus will be on new announcements, of which there should be plenty.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
COVID factored in, but Disney did also willfully inflate those construction timelines.

They've been working like hell to get Tiana's done in a reasonable timeframe. Should show to everyone that they can do it. Fingers crossed it resets guest expectations and forces Disney to take this approach more consistently.
Exactly this. This redo has been done in the way you would except from Disney. The day after Splash closed they were right on it, with a big crew, and a very clear plan of what needed to be done. We are now seeing the results in a reasonable time frame.

Now could they redo DinoLand at DAK in a similar timeline and have something ready for an EPIC counter measure?

ToTBellHop

I heard rumblings of July target but August/early September (is that still considered summer?) was looking more likely?
I doubt they’d say summer now if September was the target. The smallest delay and they’d miss summer.

If they say summer in February, they are confident that it will hold its grand opening at a time most people consider summer. Fall arrives in MK around August 9 with MNSSHP…

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice new construction wall decor today

Tianas-Bayou-Adventure_Full_54946.jpg

jrhwdw

Looking at the New Construction Walls..... Would MK consider a Mardi Gras Season? To counter USF's Season???

I'm guessing No Special Entertainment this Summer to go along with the Opening? Would be Awesome if Tiana's Showboat came back!!!!

trainplane3

I doubt they’d say summer now if September was the target. The smallest delay and they’d miss summer.

If they say summer in February, they are confident that it will hold its grand opening at a time most people consider summer. Fall arrives in MK around August 9 with MNSSHP…
Kinda what I figured. That's how it was looking a few months ago so if they locked in summer, they must've done something to pick up the pace. Nice to know Disney can still accelerate projects when they want to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom