News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

EPCOT-O.G.

No. I took issue with posters here insulting the intelligence of the people at Disney/WDI. It wasn’t a “valid argument” (not was it kind, informed, or true) to say that these folks are not smart.
Where did I insult them? I never said they were stupid. I suggested that the purported “bright minds” at WDI were not obviously on this project. It’s not insulting to suggest someone is of average intelligence.

celluloid

Anymore mentions of Tony Baxter being involved at all? I know the talk was he was no longer involved as the retired consultant role.

Midwest Elitist

Anymore mentions of Tony Baxter being involved at all? I know the talk was he was no longer involved as the retired consultant role.
The bus driver rumors are that he, and a bunch of imagineers walked out.

If true, it makes sense why this is becoming "Focus Group: The Ride". Watch it be a magical party with no tension whatsoever.

MerlinTheGoat

If I were him I’d run and disassociate myself with it
I still err on trusting the source that said Tony is involved, especially since they were right about a few other things so far.

One interesting thing i'm noticing about this ride is that it almost seems like there are two opposing "visions" on what it's supposed to be.

On the one hand, you've got the salt mine food co op backstory. On the other hand, you've got the "musical critters having a party" that seems will likely fill out the interior. They don't really "fit" together much, the only thing tying it loosely together is the "search for a missing ingredient" plot of the food company backstory. Which seems like it's being used as an excuse to push Tiana into going out into the bayou and looking around at all of the mostly unrelated antics with the animals.

It's apparent that the food company elements of the ride are what Carter's team came up with. They've said as much themselves. But the musical animal portion of the ride seem more like something Tony would come up with. I also know that there was significant turmoil over the salt mine backstory from a number of people involved in the project. My personal assessment then is there's a major clash of ideas here. And that it's going to confuse a lot of people. While there's a very good chance that the scenery will be of good quality, I just don't get how the story will be anything other than a nonsensical failure. Unless this source knows something about the way this story is told in context of the ride that you need to see/hear the final product to understand...

Ghost93

I still err on trusting the source that said Tony is involved, especially since they were right about a few other things so far.

One interesting thing i'm noticing about this ride is that it almost seems like there are two opposing "visions" on what it's supposed to be.

On the one hand, you've got the salt mine food co op backstory. On the other hand, you've got the "musical critters having a party" that seems will likely fill out the interior. They don't really "fit" together much, the only thing tying it loosely together is the "search for a missing ingredient" plot of the food company backstory. Which seems like it's being used as an excuse to push Tiana into going out into the bayou and looking around at all of the mostly unrelated antics with the animals.

It's apparent that the food company elements of the ride are what Carter's team came up with. They've said as much themselves. But the musical animal portion of the ride seem more like something Tony would come up with. I also know that there was significant turmoil over the salt mine backstory from a number of people involved in the project. My personal assessment then is there's a major clash of ideas here. And that it's going to confuse a lot of people. While there's a very good chance that the scenery will be of good quality, I just don't get how the story will be anything other than a nonsensical failure. Unless this source knows something about the way this story is told in context of the ride that you need to see/hear the final product to understand...
My hope is that the food co-op backstory is something that is explained in the queue and the part where the boats launch and that the entire ride itself is actually just a journey into the Bayou. Tiana, Naveen and Louis will go into the Bayou to get the ingredient. Something will go wrong on the journey, and Mama Odie will save the day right before the drop. Then the ride ends with a Mardi Gras celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom