Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

DrAlice

I was FOR this change in the beginning. I really wanted this to be a home run. It's just not. Unfortunately for Disney, that Tiana POV hits home just how BRILLIANT the storytelling in Splash Mountain was, and what we've lost. For the first time, I felt the loss some of you have expressed since the beginning (and I've never even been a huge Splash fan!). All I can do is hope that the in-person experience is better than the video, especially in the fast-paced DL version.

At the end of the day, when all the complaints have been shouted, when our fingers have tired themselves from typing about all the ways that Disney is just not what it used to be, I'm sure we will all enjoy the ride despite its flaws. It's a log ride afterall, and log rides are fun. At least they didn't screw up that aspect of it. 🤷‍♀️

Now then.... When does that Epic Universe open? ;)

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Do we know if Kim Irvine was connected to this in any meaningful way? She's sort of been involved in the PR for most Disneyland changes the last 15 years- but I don't think there's anything connecting her to this.

Perhaps that's on purpose, as she doesn't want this tarnishing her already spotty legacy.

I was just going to ask this. However, I’ll defend Kim’s projects, which at the very least seem to undergo some process for quality control. And regardless of how we feel certain projects turned out, I trust that Kim actually gets Disneyland and approaches these assignments conscientiously.

TBA doesn’t feel like a Kim project. I can’t recall Kim dropping the ball this severely.

Phroobar

At the end of the day, Disney bloggers that want to stay in good graces with the company will gush over it. Actual fans will hate it but still ride it. Normal guests will ride it because it is there.

TBA will always have a line and will always seem popular to management. People will ride it to get their money's worth or because they are in the area. No one will remember what it once was. Forum members will continue to hate it but will ride it every time they are in the park.

The Wheel in the sky keeps on turning.

mickEblu

I was just going to ask this. However, I’ll defend Kim’s projects, which at the very least seem to undergo some process for quality control. And regardless of how we feel certain projects turned out, I trust that Kim actually gets Disneyland and approaches these assignments conscientiously.

TBA doesn’t feel like a Kim project. I can’t recall Kim dropping the ball this severely.

Kim Irvine to the TBA team is like Bugs Land to Avengers Campus. You didn't really appreciate her until you see how bad things can really get.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Is it time yet for an update?

1717477676141.png

I want to point out for those who don't know. ALL likes are public. However, all dislikes are from people who use the "Return YouTube Dislikes" plugin.

What does this mean? That we are seeing the true amount of likes, but since people who don't use the plugin might also be disliking the video, there could potentially be a lot more dislikes that we don't see.

mickEblu

View attachment 789389

I want to point out for those who don't know. ALL likes are public. However, all dislikes are from people who use the "Return YouTube Dislikes" plugin.

What does this mean? That we are seeing the true amount of likes, but since people who don't use the plugin might also be disliking the video, there could potentially be a lot more dislikes that we don't see.

I just want everyone here to know that one of those 22,000 "dislikes" is mine.

mickEblu

I have to say seeing the POV of TBA really kind of killed the Disneyland Forward buzz for me. At least for a little while. It's kind of like who cares? One of the best theme park rides ever made got turned into a Disney Junior ride that doesn't even resemble the great film/ source material. Yayyyyy, let's get excited about another trackless ride or the fifth take on a Frozen ride.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Kim Irvine to the TBA team is like Bugs Land to Avengers Campus. You didn't really appreciate her until you see how bad things can really get.

Seriously.

But really, I do appreciate her. It’s clear in interviews that she actually cares about the park (and fan reactions to changes to beloved attractions).

I wonder how the Tiana team* will respond to the widely negative fan reaction to TBA.

*Who are these people, btw? I know only Charita Carter. It can’t be the same heroes who worked on Adventureland Treehouse, can it?

mickEblu

Seriously.

But really, I do appreciate her. It’s clear in interviews that she actually cares about the park (and fan reactions to changes to beloved attractions).

I wonder how the Tiana team* will respond to the widely negative fan reaction to TBA.

*Who are these people, btw? I know only Charita Carter. It can’t be the same heroes who worked on Adventureland Treehouse, can it?

I'm not sure. There is Robledo, who only I know because Drew the Disney Dude mentions him on the other thread and then a bunch of very young adults.

Last edited:

TP2000

View attachment 789389

I hit Thumbs Down on this video on the Disney Parks channel, but I can't see the Thumbs Down count on the page. Does that mean I don't have the plugin and my vote didn't count?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I hit Thumbs Down on this video on the Disney Parks channel, but I can't see the Thumbs Down count on the page. Does that mean I don't have the plugin and my vote didn't count?
The thumbs down count of the plugin is not accurate, its an estimate based on old archived data and the users who use the plugin.

They got some calculation on how they do it on their Github page if you're really curious. But basically the displayed dislikes are calculated from the number of extension users that disliked the video divided by the number that liked it, multiplied by the publicly available number of likes.

Since Tiana's videos like this didn't exist when Youtube disabled the thumbs down count there is no telling how many really have thumbs downed on the video, it could be way more or way less, there is no way to know. Its why I don't ever put any weight on these type of metrics, as there is no way to verify if they are even close to being accurate.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I have to say seeing the POV of TBA really kind of killed the Disneyland Forward buzz for me. At least for a little while. It's kind of like who cares? One of the best theme park rides ever made got turned into a Disney Junior ride that doesn't even resemble the great film/ source material. Yayyyyy, let's get excited about another trackless ride or the fifth take on a Frozen ride.

This is how I've felt about Disneyland forward since it was first mentioned.

Disney can't even maintain what they have now, why do I want them building more?

SuddenStorm

The thumbs down count of the plugin is not accurate, its an estimate based on old archived data and the users who use the plugin.

They got some calculation on how they do it on their Github page if you're really curious. But basically the displayed dislikes are calculated from the number of extension users that disliked the video divided by the number that liked it, multiplied by the publicly available number of likes.

Since Tiana's videos like this didn't exist when Youtube disabled the thumbs down count there is no telling how many really have thumbs downed on the video, it could be way more or way less, there is no way to know. Its why I don't ever put any weight on these type of metrics, as there is no way to verify if they are even close to being accurate.

Luckily, what is accurate is the ratio of negative comments to positive ones.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Luckily, what is accurate is the ratio of negative comments to positive ones.
Yeah I don’t give much weight on the comment section either, more often than not those that dislike are more likely to comment than those that like the content of a video who will just thumbs up.

None of this is to say that there are more people that like Tiana versus dislike, just that none of it is really accurate or representative to the overall sentiment of the public. Only time will tell on that.

Midwest Elitist

Yeah I don’t give much weight on the comment section either, more often than not those that dislike are more likely to comment than those that like the content of a video who will just thumbs up.

None of this is to say that there are more people that like Tiana versus dislike, just that none of it is really accurate or representative to the overall sentiment of the public. Only time will tell on that.
What you can do is sort by new and see that every new comment is negative. I think it's fair to say it's accurate to the overall reception.

Disney is using bots on Twitter and YouTube (look for name + random number new accounts) that have the same LLM drivel for their responses and profile descriptions. Since the bots are not able to keep up with the negative feedback, I'm confident in stating that's the case.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What you can do is sort by new and see that every new comment is negative. I think it's fair to say it's accurate to the overall reception.

Disney is using bots on Twitter and YouTube (look for name + random number new accounts) that have the same LLM drivel for their responses and profile descriptions. Since the bots are not able to keep up with the negative feedback, I'm confident in stating that's the case.
Thank you, but I don't need to do anything. I don't rely on comments on Youtube, X (Twitter), or any other social media platform for opinions, especially to formulate my own. I've made mention in various threads over the years how I believe social media is one of the downfalls of the fandom over the last decade or more. We've become too fixated on gobbling up all the information ahead of time and that ends up ruining experiences as it throws our expectations out of whack. I wish we could reset and go back to the time when all we got is some vague concept art at announcement, maybe a TV special, and that was it before the attraction opened.

We'll know soon enough after June 28th what the general park guest thinks about Tiana. Will it be reflective of the comments you speak of, maybe, or will it be generally accepted or even positive in some regard, we'll see.

shambolicdefending

We'll know soon enough after June 28th what the general park guest thinks about Tiana. Will it be reflective of the comments you speak of, maybe, or will it be generally accepted or even positive in some regard, we'll see.
My guess is that the general reaction to the ride will be fine, because the ride itself is fine.

Most people familiar with both versions will feel like Splash was better and the new version is just... fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom