Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Agree with it being impossible to ruin. The bones of Splash are its basement. It’s already better than 3/4 of attractions on that alone. In the end I’m just an eternal optimist (or perhaps delusional) which is why I keep getting disappointed every time I read another blog or see what they’re doing. But is it really our fault that we’re disappointed when Disney wrote the very rule book that they seem to be throwing out the window?

I feel similarly. WDI’s apparent “No conflict/drama ever” policy for newer attractions feels like such a deviation from the great rides of previous eras.

Speaking for myself, however, I’ll say that at this point I’ve been let down enough times that I generally know what to expect from WDI’s new projects. Sometimes I’m even pleasantly surprised (ex: Adventureland Treehouse). I just hope there’s nothing embarrassing about TBA.

Ice Gator

I was referring more to this specific spot, where it looks (to me, anyway) like the mountain is midway through a haircut.

View attachment 783671

I actually kind of like MK's foliage overload. I accept this may be an unpopular opinion.
This has bothered me whenever I check up on the progress of DL’s Tiana as well. I’m not a fan how you can see the clear divide of the added bushes on top to cover up the stump- compared to WDW’s- it’s very asymmetrical and I hope they add a bit more to fix it. Cant imagine anyone from WDI hasn’t noticed it as well. Kind of loving the look of MK’s now that the bayou is in place and the effects are running.

mickEblu

Back when Splash Mountain opened, the publicity leading up to it never mentioned the other drops at all. They let the beehive drop—with its coaster-like on-rails bunny hill remain a complete surprise.

Gotta say, at this point, I have no idea what to expect from the total experience. I’m just gonna let it happen. 😄

That makes sense. Like I said, there’d be no logic in removing the other two drops but keeping the big one if the goal was to make it more family friendly. That would not be budget friendly and I’d imagine that such a change would require considerable work to the rest of the flume.

Last edited:

Rich T

That makes sense. Like I said, there’d be no logic in removing the other two drops but keeping the big one if the goal was to make it more family friendly. That would not be budget friendly and I’d imagine that such a change would require considerable changes to the rest of the flume.
I don’t see how a mild thrill ride could be more family friendly than the the original Splash Mtn. with its singing animals. Honestly, all the people complaining that this ride will be too scary for kids who just “want to meet Tiana” have probably not seen “The Princess and the Frog,” which contains some of the scariest and most gruesome scenes ever to appear in a Disney animated feature (it’s a pity none of that is likely to be in the ride). The kids are gonna be fine. 😄

Whenever I get to ride the Florida version (I fully expect to flub getting into the passholder preview), I’m going in hoping it’s better than I’m expecting. I’m actually most looking forward to hearing the music. 😃

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

This is false.

GotG:CR and Rat both have antagonists and lots of conflict/drama.

Even the Cars show in DHS has an antagonist.

FoP has the bigger dragon that would have you enjoy pleasure of attending the insides of their stomach. Much drama.

Fair. I haven’t experienced these attractions.

The same with RotR and Falcon.

Rise, yes — it’s one of the reasons I love it. But Falcon? It’s pretty one-note. I actually don’t even really comprehend what’s happening during that ride. But as far as I can tell, there’s not much drama or stakes in our coaxium errand.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

This has bothered me whenever I check up on the progress of DL’s Tiana as well. I’m not a fan how you can see the clear divide of the added bushes on top to cover up the stump- compared to WDW’s- it’s very asymmetrical and I hope they add a bit more to fix it. Cant imagine anyone from WDI hasn’t noticed it as well. Kind of loving the look of MK’s now that the bayou is in place and the effects are running.

The scaffolding is down; I fear it’s complete. “Good enough,” in some decision-maker’s eyes.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They can test logs all they want, but the word on the street is that even though DL has been catching up to WDW externally, supply chain shortages (for electronics components) have caused WDI to fall way behind on getting DL's animatronics finished and that will be the hold up. Even heard that WDW's will still be missing things opening day.

We can see the outside, but doesn't mean the inside is anywhere close to finished yet.

Homemade Imagineering

They can test logs all they want, but the word on the street is that even though DL has been catching up to WDW externally, supply chain shortages (for electronics components) have caused WDI to fall way behind on getting DL's animatronics finished and that will be the hold up. Even heard that WDW's will still be missing things opening day.
Don’t listen to WDW Pro, HE IS A FRAUD!!!!! The animatronics for DL are finished and testing as shown in the imagineering video, and that was weeks ago anyways.

Figments Friend

Yep.
I was just about to point out that the AAs shown in the recent promotional videos related to the Atrraction were featuring the figures for Disneyland’s version.
The WDW figures had already been installed at the time those videos were released to the public.

If anything might ‘hold up’ this project, it will be the usual ride testing and show scene synchronization.

I am willing to bet hard money that Disneyland’s ‘Tiana’s Bayou’ will be ready for riders by August.
Fully expecting one of the D23 Expo ‘surprises’ to be that attendees will be able to experience the Attraction, maybe before the general public.
We shall see..

-

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Don’t listen to WDW Pro, HE IS A FRAUD!!!!! The animatronics for DL are finished and testing as shown in the imagineering video, and that was weeks ago anyways.
I don't know who that is. I saw it said by someone else who I normally consider a descent source and it's possibly they heard it from that person. I totally forgot the imagineering video showed DL on the animatronic displays. I guess it comes down to when they get installed and testing gets done.

I normally take a trip over the Christmas holiday, so I probably won't get to check it out until then anyway.....though I rarely would ride Splash in the winter, so I guess we'll see.

mickEblu

Laying sick in bed, I decided to watch The Princess and the Frog for the first time in maybe ten years. It really is a charming movie and I'm glad it's getting representation in the parks, but more than ever I think forcing it into Splash Mountain's spot was a reactionary mistake that doomed this project from the start.

And I also just wish It actually felt like the movie. Most of what I've seen or read isn't evocative of the movie including Tiana herself. I'd say so far it's just Louis, Mama Odie, the bayou setting of some of the interior scenes. That's about it. And some of the music which I'm hoping are not just tracks ripped off the soundtrack but instrumentals and custom made versions of the songs created for the attraction.

Consumer

And I also just wish It actually felt like the movie. Most of what I've seen or read isn't evocative of the movie including Tiana herself. I'd say so far it's just Louis, Mama Odie, the bayou setting of some of the interior scenes. That's about it. And some of the music which I'm hoping are not just tracks ripped off the soundtrack but instrumentals and custom made versions of the songs created for the attraction.
I feel like a lot of the push for Tiana in this attraction has made her out to be a hardworking girlboss when the entire moral of the movie is about how there are things more important than being a hardworking girlboss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom