Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

SuddenStorm

Yayyyyy! Another win. We lost a bunch of real foliage for green spray paint and fake plants. With Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, we stay winning.

Seeing WDI continuously enhance our beloved Disneyland has me optimistic for generations to come. Changes like artificial plants and astroturf help ensure Disneyland doesn't change- and since we longtime fans hate change I'm glad to know that that moss will look exactly the same in 10 years as it does now.

I mean- would New Orleans Square even still be worth visiting if it didn't have improvements like the off center windows for the new and improved Club 33? Or smokestacks added to the roof for Tiana's Palace?

Mikomike12

Top of Tiana’s is now Green, the pipes sticking out in various spots around seem to be where rocks are being added.

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpeg
    IMG_1840.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7991.png
    IMG_7991.png
    506.7 KB · Views: 74

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So.... um... does anyone know if this ride is going to be fun?

You know. Fun. The thing that makes people want to go to Disneyland. Is this going to be any fun? Or just an HR project?
I mean it is still a log flume ride that gets you wet. So it'll be as much fun as any other log flume ride that gets you wet, and that is what pretty much almost all outside the fan sites care about.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If that were true, then why bother theming it at all?
So you saying a log flume isn't fun to the general public? The only way to make a log flume fun for a majority of the general public is if its themed? Come on now.

Having worked an actual log flume ride in my youth I can say I don't think I've seen anyone get off the ride who didn't have a smile on their face.

Its themed because that is what Disney does. It'll be fun because it is a log flume ride that also happens to be themed. Some will like it more because its themed, all will think its fun because its a log flume ride.

Brer Oswald

So you saying a log flume isn't fun to the general public? The only way to make a log flume fun for a majority of the general public is if its themed? Come on now.

Having worked an actual log flume ride in my youth I can say I don't think I've seen anyone get off the ride who didn't have a smile on their face.

Its themed because that is what Disney does. It'll be fun because it is a log flume ride that also happens to be themed. Some will like it more because its themed, all will think its fun because its a log flume ride.
A lot of Unthemed flumes are short in length. This one is 10 minutes long. Less than 30 seconds of those 10 minutes are dedicated to drops. The entirety of Splash was fun because the music and scenes were fun. It was so colourful, vibrant and exciting. If the scenes in Tiana are visually bland (like the exterior) the ride will be worse off for it. It would be more boring than fun.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
A lot of Unthemed flumes are short in length. This one is 10 minutes long. Less than 30 seconds of those 10 minutes are dedicated to drops. The entirety of Splash was fun because the music and scenes were fun. It was so colourful, vibrant and exciting. If the scenes in Tiana are visually bland (like the exterior) the ride will be worse off for it. It would be more boring than fun.
Theming certainly adds to the experience but a log flume is fun by itself. The one I worked at when I was a teen was unthemed and about 7 minutes in length. My local county fair has a log flume that gets 30 minute waits constantly during the summer and that is unthemed and is only 2 minutes in length. So a log flume by its nature is just fun, the theming adds to that experience, but is still fun overall.

Anyways I'm of the belief that its not going to be bland and boring. Though I'm sure some here will think it is just because of the change.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So.... um... does anyone know if this ride is going to be fun?

You know. Fun. The thing that makes people want to go to Disneyland. Is this going to be any fun? Or just an HR project?
Well, we don't know. But, keep implying it won't so that you and others can work up a good rage over something that might not be the case.

TP2000

Well, we don't know. But, keep implying it won't so that you and others can work up a good rage over something that might not be the case.

Reference all my previous posts on this topic the past few years, and realize I was one of the early defenders of the idea. ;)

But so far, of all the official communications that WDI and DisCo executives have vetted for release, there's not much fun mentioned. Plenty of information about an inane backstory and its hackneyed queue displays have been released, but not much information yet on fun.

I just got the sudden realization on this last night. What is going to make this ride fun, aside from the physical drops that have been there since 1989?

I think people are vastly overestimating what exactly the level of demand the general public has toward attractions is. As long as the characters they like are there, there’s a song, and they get wet, they’re going to adore this. They’re not as attached to Splash as the fandom is, and frankly the fandom is a minority of the total volume of people who pass through the parks each year.

We can’t really say if it’s fun until it’s open and we’re on it. Its useless to theorize.

Last edited:

TP2000

We can’t really say if it’s fun until it’s open and we’re on it. Its useless to theorize.

If they are hiding all the fun elements of this ride for some reason, they need to stop hiding the fun stuff they've got planned.

The communications for this project the past two years has been mediocre at best, and sometimes mind-bogglingly stupid. WDI and the Parks executives need to realize that, fire whoever was in charge of the past few years of communications and messaging on this ride, and get a new plan to hype this new E Ticket.

This is the only ride in construction or announced on either coast, in all six parks combined, by the way. Surely they can put their top Comms people on this project and start giving it some good buzz for a change.

And for gosh sakes, stop talking about employee-owned cooperatives when discussing a log ride's backstory! :banghead:

Professortango1

If they are hiding all the fun elements of this ride for some reason, they need to stop hiding the fun stuff they've got planned.

The communications for this project the past two years has been mediocre at best, and sometimes mind-bogglingly stupid. WDI and the Parks executives need to realize that, fire whoever was in charge of the past few years of communications and messaging on this ride, and get a new plan to hype this new E Ticket.

This is the only ride in construction or announced on either coast, in all six parks combined, by the way. Surely they can put their top Comms people on this project and start giving it some good buzz for a change.

And for Chrissakes, stop talking about employee-owned cooperatives when discussing a log ride's backstory! :banghead:
I mean, it is so close to opening, they will likely just use ride footage to advertise once its a few months from opening.

PiratesMansion

I'll be in the middle here.

I imagine that there will undoubtedly be people who will prefer Splash. There are going to be people who will inevitably prefer the combination of music, theme, scenery, intangibles, etc. that Splash offered over TBA. This will certainly include many people who don't have any real opinion of the Splash changeover and aren't emotionally invested in Splash the way many are here.

BUT, if Disney does their job well at all (and in my view, there's plenty of evidence that Disney can still create great attractions/overlays/what have you when they want to), there will be more people than many here may expect who either a) like the two versions of the ride about the same or b) like the new ride better. Perhaps for some that will be because of the IP, but for others, they will simply enjoy the combination of music, theme, scenery, intangibles, etc. better. It's inevitable.

It's happened with Star Tours, Fantasmic, the Soarin' films, Guardians, Paradise to Pixar Pier, and so on, all significantly more popular with the public than with many people here. There's no reason to assume the same thing won't (or can't) happen to TBA as well.

I'm rooting for the ride to be a hit, though if I'm being honest, I'm personally unlikely to ride it more than Splash unless they did something during the changeover to adjust the wetness of the DL version to a level I find more reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom