Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

SuddenStorm

Much better than the LED faces thing Frozen has at WDW, at the very least.

I wonder if they're finally redesigning the interior to allow maintenance easy access to the animatronics, as that was a big problem for Splash leading to months of broken animatronics.

The 'Osha has new rules so it's hard to service Splash' rumor has been circulating for a while- but I haven't been able to identify a credible source.

I wonder if it was speculation that became gospel. I'd bet budget/laziness/staffing was far more of an issue.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

I know they toured Magic Kingdom's version, but I assume these details will also line up for Disneyland's as well.

"Let's turn the queue into an office" almost sounds like a parody.

The original queue was Uncle Remus's cabin, and served as a portal into the world of the Br'ers.

It's baffling how much every new announcement seems to be a regression from what was present before.

PiratesMansion

The original queue was Uncle Remus's cabin, and served as a portal into the world of the Br'ers.

It's baffling how much every new announcement seems to be a regression from what was present before.
The entire point is that the ride is being redone to not be Splash Mountain and to find a way to differentiate TBA from Splash, while also reusing as much of the infrastructure as possible.

Other than the basic layout of the flume and queue (presumably), there's going to be a fair amount of change.

It's no different from what they did when they changed over TOT to Guardians. Just as they don't want people riding Guardians to think that the ride used to be something else, the same principle is at work here.

Is that a fool's errand on their part? Perhaps. But I wouldn't anticipate that the rules/principles/etc that governed Splash and its storytelling apart from its overall layout would have any bearing on what they choose to do with TBA.

Whether it's the right decision on Disney's part or not, we're probably best off assuming that they will change everything unless proven otherwise.

mickEblu

No, no…. “the main offices.” The other smaller offices and satellite offices are offstage and are only left to our imagination. So fun.

This is all so much worse than I could have ever imagined. No wonder Baxter bailed.

Last edited:

NobodyElse

1705605934419.png

mickEblu

Do you find this to be comparable to how "main offices" of a food co op reads? Granted it probably won't end up being nearly as bad as it sounds but that sounds very "corporate" to me. Unlike what you see in the picture you shared which looks more like the rustic office of a sole proprietor. Again it's more a knock on the blogs/ PR and the choice words they keep using. When I think rustic Critter Country/ Frontierland the last thing I think of is Corporate.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Do you find this to be comparable to how "main offices" of a food co op reads? Granted it probably won't end up being nearly as bad as it sounds but that sounds very "corporate" to me. Unlike what you see in the picture you shared. Again it's more a knock on the blogs/ PR and the choice words they keep using.
So WDW and DL will both have "main offices" ?

There should be "East coast offices" and West coast offices" ;)

Seriously, they should focus less on the back story and more on just finishing whatever they are doing and reopen this thing as soon as possible.

mickEblu

Could a corporate office in the 1920's be an interesting place to see? Absolutely. Is that the right fit for Critter Country and Frontierland? Not at all.

Right as crappy as Avengers Campus is, I actually find the queue/ office inside the Webslingers show building to be one of the best parts.

mickEblu

Even with the crappy choices for a setting, everything can be written so much better. How about this instead?

As soon as you enter the Tiana Foods (less corporate) you will be able to tour (word that is associated with pleasure/ adventure) where Tiana and her friends prepare their tasty treats for all the people of New Orleans. Here, the aroma of freshly baked beignets is always in the air...especially today as everyone is busy preparing for the big Bayou Bash. However, everyone has been so hard at work that they could use a few extra hands. You may just have to head down into the bayou where you never know what magic and adventure awaits.

I think Marty Sklar would like my version more.

Consumer

Even with the crappy choices for a setting, everything can be written so much better. How about this instead?

As soon as you enter the Tiana Foods (less corporate) you will be able to tour (word that is associated with pleasure/ adventure) where Tiana and her friends prepare their tasty treats for all the people of New Orleans. Here, the aroma of freshly baked beignets is always in the air...especially today as everyone is busy preparing for the big Bayou Bash. However, everyone has been so hard at work that they could use a few extra hands. You may just have to head down into the bayou where you never know what magic and adventure awaits.

I think Marty Sklar would like my version more.
Not bad. Here's my proposal: Splash Mountain. That's it.

SuddenStorm

Having a small office in the corner of a queue based on an archeological dig makes sense, especially given Indiana Jones is a professor.

I also don't think Disney ever advertised that they were putting this in the IJA queue.

Saying 'Hey, Tiana has an employee owned co op that operates out of a salt mine- and guess what! You get to see their office!' seems a bit ridiculous to me. Others might disagree.

imagineer97

In the Parks
No
Having a small office in the corner of a queue based on an archeological dig makes sense, especially given Indiana Jones is a professor.

I also don't think Disney ever advertised that they were putting this in the IJA queue.

Saying 'Hey, Tiana has an employee owned co op that operates out of a salt mine- and guess what! You get to see their office!' seems a bit ridiculous to me. Others might disagree.
Apparently, all Disney does these days is create fake offices for us to walk through.

mickEblu

I’m not sure why some people don’t think we have enough info to know what’s going on in the ride. I understand that the blogs have been focused on backstory, the queue and establishing that TBA is authentic but we have all the info we need. “How Do you Do is replaced with the little critter band, Louis and Tiana AA. With possibly another Tiana, Louis and a few more critters. We know Mama Odie is on the lift hill. We know the finale is a Mardi Gras party in New Orleans. The only question mark is “Laughing Place”/ “Burroughs lament” which are obviously still set in the bayou as we know Mama Odie is on the lift hill. Not a whole lot of mystery other than what the missing ingredient is, what music plays where and where AAs are located. I’d imagine we find that missing ingredient during “laughing place” or at least I’d imagine that stretch to be where the most “adventure” takes place. Whatever that means in a ride with no bad guy/ drama. I’m guessing this is where we get the firefly and fog effects.

In other words the peaceful intro in POTC is the “adventure” in TBA. Lol

Last edited:

D.Silentu

I think a lot is being made of the word 'office.' Admittedly it has dull implications, but in this case it's simply the word that an observer chose to describe what he saw. We all have a good idea of the size of the ride's queue and they have only that much space to set the scene for visitors who haven't endured the Park's Blog. I would expect Tiana Foods to have an office and such a space is a nice setting for a smorgasbord of detail. Runaway Railway's waiting area is one of the most creative that we've seen in years, so I'm curious to see what they can do here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom