Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

mickEblu

Lol, he was still around in the early 2000s even if he wasn't officially a member. He was asked to audition officially in 2010 as a fill-in keyboardist before moving to be an official member of the tour group in 2012.

Lol that’s great 👍🏻

Didn’t see his face in any of the music videos, Songs About Jane insert or in any interviews on MTV etc

mickEblu

Of course you wouldn't Adam was always the face of the band. But if you went to any shows post-2010 you'd have seen him.

What were you trying to accomplish with the below response?

Lol, he was still around in the early 2000s even if he wasn't officially a member. He was asked to audition officially in 2010 as a fill-in keyboardist before moving to be an official member of the tour group in 2012.

mickEblu

I'm not trying to accomplish anything other than to tell you the mans history with the band, which you didn't appear to know and/or trying to diminish by saying you never saw him.

You had already said that in your previous response. My take: you were trying to say that if I was a fan I would have known about him.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You had already said that in your previous response. My take: you were trying to say that if I was a fan I would have known about him.
Not at all, I'm not trying to question your Maroon 5 fandom. I'm just stating facts that you apparently didn't know about a member of the band who happened to also provide music for this attraction. Take that however you want.

mickEblu

Not at all, I'm not trying to question your Maroon Five fandom. I'm just stating facts that you apparently didn't know about a member of the band who happened to also provide music for this attraction. Take that however you want.

Lol you had already established his history with the band.

I responded with this:

Ok ok that makes sense. I was a fan back in the 2000’s before he joined.

Then you responded with an lol and repeated yourself. There was nothing left to say after my response above unless you are trying to stir the pot because you re bored. Obviously I’m correct as you said I was “trying to diminish” his involvement with the band. I don’t have time for your BS today.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol you had already established his history with the band.

I responded with this:

Then you responded with an lol and repeated yourself. There was nothing left to say after my response above unless you are trying to stir the pot because you re bored. Obviously I’m correct as you said I was “trying to diminish” his involvement with the band. I don’t have time for your BS today.
Lol, alright my friend lets move on. Sorry if you felt I was questioning your Maroon 5 fan credentials.

Ghost93

I think Special Spice is a good song, it just can't compete with something as legendary as Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.

The real issue with the ride is the story, lack of tension and monotonous positivity throughout the ride. If they reworked the entire Dig A Little Deeper/Lift hill segment to be thrilling — possibly adding Dr. Facillier as the villain of the ride — it would go a long way in redeeming the attraction.

I'm just hopeful that the faster pace of the Disneyland logs will make the ride's stupid story feel less obvious, as park guests will be zipping by too fast to think about how ridiculous the quest for a band of critters is.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Lol Maroon 5 credentials? I told you I haven’t really followed them since the 2000s. Please go away.
I'm sorry I didn't pick up that you don't follow the band anymore, I honestly didn't get that by your comments my apologies, there really wasn't a reason to get incensed about this exchange, as I said before lets move on.

DrAlice

I got to the parks today and got to see the area around the ride with the walls down. It looks a lot better in person than I thought it would, the murals aren’t super noticeable and look better than the photos taken online imo.
I had the same thought at WDW. The yellow is more subdued and the mural doesn't stand out. I didn't think so, anyway.

mickEblu

I think Special Spice is a good song, it just can't compete with something as legendary as Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.

The real issue with the ride is the story, lack of tension and monotonous positivity throughout the ride. If they reworked the entire Dig A Little Deeper/Lift hill segment to be thrilling — possibly adding Dr. Facillier as the villain of the ride — it would go a long way in redeeming the attraction.

I'm just hopeful that the faster pace of the Disneyland logs will make the ride's stupid story feel less obvious, as park guests will be zipping by too fast to think about how ridiculous the quest for a band of critters is.

Yeah I assume this is what happens when the people around here understand more about this stuff than the people that worked on the attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom