Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Sharon&Susan

"The merchandise journey began with Walt Disney Imagineering in 2021, when a team of Imagineers weaved together the story of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure with breathtaking concept art and inspiration from immersion trips to New Orleans. Through connecting with the people, culture, food, and of course, music of New Orleans, the team was able to guide the merchandise creative designers to develop authentic products that bring the story of Tiana’s Bayou Adventure to life for all guests."

Beyond the seasonings how is this different from any other themepark merch, it's just normal themepark shirt and backpack designs. Are you immersed in New Orleans culture? Did this necessitate a business trip?

@TP2000 can appreciate this one
1717611376606.jpeg

MoonRakerSCM

So, my lunchtime ruminations on that article-

These 'imagineers' are so full of themselves... that they think THEIR experiences are a selling point. The ride is bland and pointless, the merchandise standard and usual... but the upsell... what makes it special is their experiences that THEY had while in the 'creative' process.

See the ride and generic backpack are great because we spent time and money on vacatuons.

AKA what makes things great in their eyes are THEMSELVES.

Narcissistic losers more concerned about their experiences and involvement than the actual product itself. This has been evident in many recent company projects but I have a feeling this is the breaking point. Because they sold this one SO hard, the public has caught on and is finally opening yheir eyes to the BS.

Artists and creatives are no longer in charge at any level of Disney, narcissistic pencil pushers are.

mickEblu

These 'imagineers' are so full of themselves... that they think THEIR experiences are a selling point.

This is so SPOT ON. Clearly the last people’s experiences they were concerned about was the guests. The authenticity non sense and avoiding anything that might be deemed problematic at the expense of nearly everything else

Tiana doesn’t even look like Tiana. I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the reason Tiana looks the way she does was them wanting honor Leah Chase by give her the same haircut Leah had at her age.

TP2000

Something has been bugging me about the plotline, as thin and as frictionless as it is, for this ride. It just feels very badly edited. And noticeably disjointed at the end.

And then I realized the finale' scene and its all new song makes no sense to the "adventure" we've just been on. The song is all about us being the "special spice" that Tiana has been looking for all along. Huh? No where in the ride was the word "spice" used, or even alluded to. Tiana was looking for musicians, and she found them all easily and without conflict or drama. They'll even play for free. The concept of a "special spice" being integral to this plot only shows up suddenly in the lyrics of the celebration song in the finale', and thus the finale' is totally disjointed from the rest of the ride's plot.

Listening the to the dialogue spoken by Tiana, Louis and Mama Odie on the ride (the only three speaking roles), and reading the almost aggressive placement of banners overhead along the ride path, we get the following info;

Banner: Tonight Only! - A CELEBRATION OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF NEW ORLEANS - At The Proud Home of Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen - Everyone Welcome!
Tiana: Hey, there y'all are! Louis is up ahead. Let's join him and find a band for our celebration!
Banner: TIANA'S FOODS - Employee Owned
Louis: Yoo hoo, calling all musicians! Man, it's hard to find a band in the bayou!
Louis: Look at this y'all, this zydeco band, they sure can play! Hallelujah!
Tiana: They can play, no doubt! We'll ask them to join the band for sure.
Louis: Yeah, this rah-rah band is a triumph!
Tiana: I'm askin' all of them to play at the party, but we've got to keep searching high and low.
Louis: How low can I go?
Mama Odie: Time to think big, and to get tiny!
Louis: Wow, this joint is hoppin'!
Tiana: These tiny musicians you've found really bring the heat!
Mama Odie: Let's get you big again, cause the bigger you are the bigger the splash you'll make at the party!
Mama Odie: Now let's get you to the party! You'll be there in no time!
Banner: WELCOME - To All Who Come To This Happy Place (TP2000 Note: get it? 1955? do you get it?)

Tiana Singing The Finale' Song: It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, you're very special spice makes us complete! There's hidden treasure, here in the bayou. Keep yourself open, life can float right by you. It may surprise you, what you can find, down beneath the surface with an open mind. It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, your very special spice makes us complete! Sometime it's hard to believe, that the very thing we were looking for was right here all along! Let's not waste any more time, doubting what's inside, everyone can sing this song! [REPEAT]

Huh? o_O You were looking for a special spice all this time? You never mentioned that. And I'm the special spice you were looking for? You already met me 10 minutes ago on the first lift hill, you didn't notice it then? You only said we were looking for musicians to play at your party, there was no talk of recipes or spices or any other missing ingredient. You just needed a band made up of animals to play jazz for your party. Remember?

Something big and rather last-minute must have happened to this ride's plot during the past four years of development. The plot, through spoken dialogue and blatant banners, makes no sense with the big new finale' song and it's message. And I didn't need to take multiple immersion trips to New Orleans to figure that out. 🤔

Last edited:

TP2000

For the record, I really do enjoy that new Special Spice song. It's very catchy and fun. Sort of a classic Disney song, despite it's HR approved lyrics.

But it has nothing to do with the ride's plot, and just muddles the already overly simplistic story. It makes no sense.

Last edited:

Parteecia

Something has been bugging me about the plotline, as thin and as frictionless as it is, for this ride. It just feels very badly edited. And noticeably disjointed at the end.

And then I realized the finale' scene and its all new song makes no sense to the "adventure" we've just been on. The song is all about us being the "special spice" that Tiana has been looking for all along. Huh? No where in the ride was the word "spice" used, or even alluded to. Tiana was looking for musicians, and she found them all easily and without conflict or drama. They'll even play for free. The concept of a "special spice" being integral to this plot only shows up suddenly in the lyrics of the celebration song in the finale', and thus the finale' is totally disjointed from the rest of the ride's plot.

Listening the to the dialogue spoken by Tiana, Louis and Mama Odie on the ride (the only three speaking roles), and reading the almost aggressive placement of banners overhead along the ride path, we get the following info;

Banner: Tonight Only! - A CELEBRATION OF FAMILY AND FRIENDS OF NEW ORLEANS - At The Proud Home of Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen - Everyone Welcome!
Tiana: Hey, there y'all are! Louis is up ahead. Let's join him and find a band for our celebration!
Louis: Yoo hoo, calling all musicians! Man, it's hard to find a band in the bayou!
Tiana: I'm askin' all of them to play at the party, but we've got to keep searching high and low.
Mama Odie: Let's get you big again, cause the bigger you are the bigger the splash you'll make at the party!
Banner: WELCOME - To All Who Come To This Happy Place (TP2000 Note: get it? 1955? do you get it?)

Tiana Singing The Finale' Song: It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, you're very special spice makes us complete. There's hidden treasure, here in the bayou. Keep yourself open, life can float right by you. It might surprise you, what you can find, down beneath the surface with an open mind. It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, your very special spice makes us complete! Sometime it's hard to believe, that the very thing we were looking for was right here all along! Let's not waste any more time, doubting what's inside, everyone can sing this song! [REPEAT]

Huh? o_O You were looking for a special spice all this time? You never mentioned that. And I'm the special spice you were looking for? You already met me 10 minutes ago on the first lift hill, you didn't notice it then? You only said we were looking for musicians to play at your party, there was no talk of recipes or spices or any other missing ingredient. You just needed a band made up of animals to play jazz for your party. Remember?

Something big and rather last-minute must have happened to this ride's plot during the past four years of development. The plot, through spoken dialogue and blatant banners, makes no sense with the big new finale' song and it's message. And I didn't need to take multiple immersion trips to New Orleans to figure that out. 🤔
Thank you for doing the work. So she shrinks us so we can look for tiny musicians?? I will have to look for them in the final scene. I think they're going to need big amplifiers. At the very least so they don't get stepped on.

AdventureHasAName

Tiana Singing The Finale' Song: It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, you're very special spice makes us complete. There's hidden treasure, here in the bayou. Keep yourself open, life can float right by you. It might surprise you, what you can find, down beneath the surface with an open mind. It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, your very special spice makes us complete! Sometime it's hard to believe, that the very thing we were looking for was right here all along! Let's not waste any more time, doubting what's inside, everyone can sing this song! [REPEAT]

I want credit for predicting the special ingredient approximately twelve seconds after they said that was what the ride was about (back in September) ...

LINK

The secret ingredient is going to be either family, friends or love. Shhh .... don't tell anybody.

It was an incredibly hard guess. :rolleyes:

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I can picture the final scene (currently Doo-Dah Landing) being the inside of a Salt Mine, everyone standing around, and Tiana saying, "It's been here the whole time." with her hands up and a sheepish grin.
I said this in Sept. 2022 regarding the missing ingredient.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
And then I realized the finale' scene and its all new song makes no sense to the "adventure" we've just been on. The song is all about us being the "special spice" that Tiana has been looking for all along. Huh? No where in the ride was the word "spice" used, or even alluded to. Tiana was looking for musicians, and she found them all easily and without conflict or drama.
Some people have said they believe the plot was changed along the way from looking for an ingredient like a spice and maybe changed it to a band. And since the song was already written and paid for they just kept that in stating that we were the missing ingredient all along and now we have some weird mismatch of what the plot was supposed to be.

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Tiana Singing The Finale' Song: It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, you're very special spice makes us complete! There's hidden treasure, here in the bayou. Keep yourself open, life can float right by you. It may surprise you, what you can find, down beneath the surface with an open mind. It's a joyful celebration, you don't need an invitation. It's joyful, now everyone can see, your very special spice makes us complete! Sometime it's hard to believe, that the very thing we were looking for was right here all along! Let's not waste any more time, doubting what's inside, everyone can sing this song! [REPEAT]

Groan.

Something big and rather last-minute must have happened to this ride's plot during the past four years of development. The plot, through spoken dialogue and blatant banners, makes no sense with the big new finale' song and its message. And I didn't need to take multiple immersion trips to New Orleans to figure that out. 🤔

Undoubtedly. WDI is aware of this inconsistency but they were too lazy to address it. Guests won’t notice or care, right?

I can’t defend an organization that insults our intelligence like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom