Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

Jedi14

Forgive me if this was already stated (too many posts to wade through), but IMO the issue is her hair. Tiana rocks a low pony through most of the movie, then at the end is rocking a high pony in her flapper dress. The short hair just isn't as "youthful" of a hair style, and also happens to match Eudora's in the film, therefore the "looks like her mom" comparisons.

They changed Arial's hair in her ride, so maybe they will do the same here after guest feedback. Seems like an easy fix to make her feel more like Tiana. 🤷‍♀️
I’m pretty sure this won’t be her hairstyle for the entire ride. In the concept art that came with the pin, she’s in what I assume is the finale dress in a different hairstyle.

mickEblu

So the rumor is we get turned into “critters” where the old laughing place scenes were. Obviously critters must mean frogs. I guess that’s where they chose to include some frog representation being that the ride is based on Princess and the Frog. Maybe alligators or something trying to eat us there and that’s basically it for any element of danger on the ride. More than I expected if that’s the case.

Homemade Imagineering

So the rumor is we get turned into “critters” where the old laughing place scenes were. Obviously critters must mean frogs. I guess that’s where they chose to include some frog representation being that the ride is based on Princess and the Frog. Maybe alligators or something trying to eat us there and that’s basically it for any element of danger on the ride. More than I expected if that’s the case.
IMG_5016.jpeg

Now that you mention it this scene translates a little more to that scenario. The other piece of concept art depicting frogs shows them in actual size, while these are larger, anthropomorphic figures playing instruments. This could also make sense as the unusually large mushrooms are present, I wouldn’t mind seeing large animatronic gators throughout trying to chomp down on us, if executed well that could make up for some lack of potential suspense

Consumer

View attachment 769362
Now that you mention it this scene translates a little more to that scenario. The other piece of concept art depicting frogs shows them in actual size, while these are larger, anthropomorphic figures playing instruments. This could also make sense as the unusually large mushrooms are present, I wouldn’t mind seeing large animatronic gators throughout trying to chomp down on us, if executed well that could make up for some lack of potential suspense
Where is that concept art from? Why is it so psychedelic?

mickEblu

View attachment 769362

Completely forgot about this piece of concept art. Yeah that would kind of make sense although the trees in the concept art would be out of scale. Of course that could be artistic liberty but those frogs like they’re closer to human size as opposed to us being shrunken down to frog size.

As far as the mushrooms, don’t forget Splash had carrots the size of Brer Bear hanging from the ceiling. Lol. Im not sure how much we could take from this concept art but if the rumor is true it would make sense that they re turning us into frogs which would create a nice opportunity to add some element of suspense. Elements that tie back to the source material I might add. If true, hopefully you do get some giant croc mouth/ heads like you said and it’s not all on screen.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Considering what we know about this attraction I feel a lot is hinging on what they decide to do with the laughing place scenes through the lift hill. It’s the only chance at any sort of redemption. We more or less know what the old “How do ya do” scenes will be about/ what they look like and they re fine. What we’ve seen/heard about the finale leaves just about no chance of matching the joy of the old Zip scene.

Im just wondering if anyone imagined in 2020 when they announced this ride that it would have food murals, co ops, and “main offices” but no Dr Facilier, no Ray and that it would be lacking some of the great songs from the movie.

Last edited:

Homemade Imagineering

yensidtlaw1969

Worth noting, this piece is not "Concept Art" in the traditional sense, it was commissioned by Imagineering as part of a series of "Inspirational Art" from which they would devise their own concepts.

Main point being, we should not necessarily expect this scene to be translated into the ride in any direct or literal sense. It was created to be a jumping-off point - the painting was not designed by Imagineering, and was not created to represent the look of their intended finished product.

Homemade Imagineering

Worth noting, this piece is not "Concept Art" in the traditional sense, it was commissioned by Imagineering as part of a series of "Inspirational Art" from which they would devise their own concepts.

Main point being, we should not necessarily expect this scene to be translated into the ride in any direct or literal sense. It was created to be a jumping-off point - the painting was not designed by Imagineering, and was not created to represent the look of their intended finished product.
it’s a great jumping point, I’m crossing my fingers for a surplus of additional critters outside of the characters featured in critter band throughout. These frogs in AA form would be very charming

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

That's so funny; amidst this riveting (/s) discussion about the Tiana AA's hair/face, just yesterday my mind wandered to Disney's early announcement that TBA would incorporate art and music commissioned by real-world Black artists, and I was wondering if they'd still do that. Admittedly this project became a lot more intriguing to me when WDI began stressing that it'll bring New Orleans and Black culture to life (as opposed to merely the 2009 animated film).

I'd forgotten that the art was primarily "inspirational." Hopefully TBA does indeed use it as inspiration somewhere in some capacity in the attraction; I'm a fan of the aesthetic.

611fc1416466d.image.jpg

Last edited:

TP2000

Tiana already exists in the park in her full princess gown. And also as a flapper in the stage show.

What stage show? What are you talking about?

Where was your high dudgeon and absolutely sincere concern for little girls being presented with flapper-Tiana?

Oh, those poor dears exposed to Tiana as a flapper. These little girls have no concern for fashion... or dancing... or music. All that these little girls want is a princess in a gown doing nothing but waving!!

Give me a break. This is one of your more egregious manufactured moral panics.

I wouldn't call it a moral panic. It's more of a vague concern. But when has flapper Tiana ever appeared at Disneyland?

In 2009, Tiana made her Disneyland debut in the riverboat show. And during both the pre-show promenade and the riverboat show itself she appeared in her full Princess regalia, with gloves and glamorous updo and tasteful jewelry and hunky prince.

tiana_12.jpg

Then in 2011, Tiana returned to Disneyland on her own float in the new Mickey's Soundsational Parade. There were dancing girls dressed as flappers surrounding the float (back before they unionized in '24 and thus cut a lot of shifts from parades), but Tiana herself was still in her signature pale green hoop-skirted gown, with white gloves and glamorous updo and tasteful jewelry. But where'd her hunky prince go?!? Kalogridis!

37230285044_fa4cda54c0_z.jpg

Tiana in sporting gear doesn't mean they're taking princess-gown-Tiana and flapper-Tiana out of the parks. Pincess-gown-Tiana will still be visible in parades and meet-and-greets and projected onto the castle for HEA.

And Princess Gown Tiana will still be the only merchandise that actually sells in modest numbers at Target or World of Disney.

But I imagine they might find a niche market for Johdpur Adventurer Tiana, maybe at Dinah Shore Weekend?

MagicHappens1971

What stage show? What are you talking about?
Mickeys Royal Friendship Faire (or whatever they’re calling it now) the Castle Stage show at MK.
I wouldn't call it a moral panic. It's more of a vague concern. But when has flapper Tiana ever appeared at Disneyland?
She does at MK. And has since 2016.
IMG_1947.jpeg

Last edited:

drizgirl

its kinda weird there are grown men on here upset that tiana isnt portrayed as a helpless princess needing to be rescued, and instead is being potrayed as an ambitious self reliant woman following her dreams....just like she was portrayed in the movies.

Acting like all young girls want to be princesses and you cant see them any other way......some of you old men are weird.
If Disney sold Tiana princess costumes and Tiana adventurer costumes, I know which ones would be left in the clearance bin the day after Halloween.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom