Tiana's Bayou Adventure: Disneyland Watch & Discussion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
She looks old and that is my first impression, as do the new Tiana CMs.

I could say youre a pixie duster trying to pretend Tiana isn't old.
In this thread...

1707928303154.png

mickEblu

So tired of these imagineering rides trying to be more than a representation of a movie. We all have to be clever enough to go online and read a backstory to understand why Tiana is 10 years older.

Yet to 99.9% of people they are going to go on this and just think Tiana doesn't look like she does in the movie. Why is Tiana an old lady wearing and outfit to wade through a swamp instead of her beautiful self in a dress?

They took out her dress and beautiful features to be woke or something? It's sort of inline with Jessica Rabbit and her trench coat cover up.

Even the Tiana face characters are older now. Why would a little girl want to be a tired looking 45 year old woman? All the other princesses get to look their best. They did Tiana dirty.

Yup. In addition to the laundry list of other stuff they decided they had to tackle “healthy body” images for women as well. The issue is they have one Black Princess and they feel like they have to check every box with her. Instead of just letting her be the princess (who happens to be Black) that people/ kids want to see.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

This what it’s like to go a concert where an artist doesn’t want to sing any of their hit songs. You need to just get on their new vibe/level.
Who can forget when Walt opened Disneyland in 1955, instead of going the safe route adapting his movies into rides he made the rides as expansive sequels: Snow White's Accounting Adventure, Alice's Chemist Journey, and Mr. Toad's Barista Bash. Everyone also adored Aurora's Pant Suit costume in that opening day ceremony.

The different looks and careers for all these characters showed Walt's commitment to storytelling and immersion. The park sold out of their one month's allotment for pantsuits on opening day.

Dr.Cheeto

So tired of these imagineering rides trying to be more than a representation of a movie. We all have to be clever enough to go online and read a backstory to understand why Tiana is 10 years older.
Agreed. It's like if the Little Mermaid ride was all about Ariel becoming the CEO of a water bottle company after she became human. The whole ride takes place in an office building and we only see her wearing a black suit. Featuring new original music from the Baha Men!

LittleBuford

Agreed. It's like if the Little Mermaid ride was all about Ariel becoming the CEO of a water bottle company after she became human. The whole ride takes place in an office building and we only see her wearing a black suit. Featuring new original music from the Baha Men!
The comparison would hold if Tiana’s Bayou Adventure were taking place in Tiana’s place of work rather than, you know—a bayou.

J4546

that new animatronic looks great! So happy to see they are using this instead of the projection faced animatronics. These look like a cartoon come to life, I love it. More of this please! Maybe they could update the FEA in Epcot with these? and others as well?

LittleBuford

The hair is going to read as black in proper show lighting and not industrial warehouse lighting. They have to tint it a little lighter so it reads in the dark. Come on people.
Indeed. It's not difficult to see that even her eyebrows (which are painted) also appear grey because of the glare of the lights. But those looking for reasons to complain are of course going to assume the worst.

Here's a picture that gives a much better sense of how the figure is likely to read in darker lighting conditions (note the eyebrows and compare them to how they look in the video):

1707840167123.jpg

ETA: Contrary to what you say, I don't think the hair is tinted a little lighter. It seems to be black and shiny, and its the shine that reads as grey in the overlit video.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You don't know that. Why are critics always told to "wait and see" but those who endorse the project are free to make assumptions about the final result?
You can make whatever assumption you want. But we do know for a fact, based on different pictures with different lighting, that her hair is indeed going to look black and not grey when placed in the darker ride sections.

Consumer

Yes, we do know that. Here is warehouse lighting. It would be inconceivable that TBA would be lit up like this...

View attachment 768436

And here in dark ride lighting...

View attachment 768437

It's been posted here several times. The attempt to keep #OldLadyGate going in the face of evidence is very sad. And very telling.
I never commented about her hair being gray or not, so your response means nothing to me. The design of the character still looks off model, even in that picture.

Alanzo

People see one single picture of an animatronic and they are instantly experts on animatronics and are convinced that the ride will be an unmitigated disaster. Also, they are sad that the previous controversial (some say racist) movie is no longer represented at WDW and Disneyland. Walt Disney was quoted as saying that he wanted his parks to constantly evolve and change. Well, here we are, and he is getting his wish. I for one will withhold judgment until I have ridden it, and I cannot wait to do so.

Thank you. The amount of concern trolling going on here is ridiculous.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom