Thunder Mountain to close this September and will remain closed through most of 2013

StarWarsGirl

Matterhorn is better and worse than it was before the upgrade. The trains, I feel, are slower than the previous models, yet better on your butt and tailbone. Plus you don't have to have someone sitting in your crotch with a 1950's era seatbelt haphazardly put around both of you. The ride is more safe and comfortable now, but much of the speed is lost, and along with it, that exciting, uneasy feeling that you got knowing that the ride is a little more out of control then it should be (which equals less fun).

Saw it. It's so much better, though the track is still rough

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Rainbow Ridge is really coming along.

i-4n6twf8-M.jpg

i-5xH2bVQ-M.jpg

i-v7GSPx5-M.jpg

i-F4gwTkK-M.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/

Goofy Rocks

yeah i am sad this is going to be down for my first trip! is there any differences between it and wdw version?!?! and mickeys house will be closed :( i was excited to finally get to go into since it is no longer here in florida

coachwnh

One of our favorite rides in DL and WDW. Guess we will just have to wait until next summer to ride the new and improved BTMRR in DL. All I can say is the improvements made at WDW are fantastic. Im sure it will be just as good at DL! A lot to look forward to.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
So I'm a MiceChatter and we've got an Adventureland/Frontierland CM who sometimes posts. Well, he/she just let us know they received their daily info today... It stated that Thunder won't be back up until February 15th, 2014.
shock.gif
shock.gif
shock.gif
shock.gif
shock.gif
Well over a year of refurbishment and it better be worth it.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
So I'm a MiceChatter and we've got an Adventureland/Frontierland CM who sometimes posts. Well, he/she just let us know they received their daily info today... It stated that Thunder won't be back up until February 15th, 2014.
shock.gif
shock.gif
shock.gif
shock.gif
shock.gif
Well over a year of refurbishment and it better be worth it.

Wow! That is a lot later than they projected. I'm sure it will be worth it though, BTMRR is one of the best rides!

gsrjedi

NO!!!!!!!! on both the new finish date and adding a loop.

Our APs just expired & with a trip to Europe in November, I'm not even sure when I'll be able to get back to DLR, it might not be until after 2/15, but this still sucks

On my last trip in July the CM who was with us in the Lily Belle mentioned that BTMRR probably wouldn't be finished in the original time.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
NO!!!!!!!! on both the new finish date and adding a loop.

Our APs just expired & with a trip to Europe in November, I'm not even sure when I'll be able to get back to DLR, it might not be until after 2/15, but this still sucks

On my last trip in July the CM who was with us in the Lily Belle mentioned that BTMRR probably wouldn't be finished in the original time.

I'm sorry.:( Maybe things will change... But you said another CM said it would probably be delayed? Great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom