Thrilling Haunted Mansion

Now how could we transform this idea to the Haunted Mansion? :confused: :shrug:

Put all the DB's on a spiral? :shrug:

I am looking forward to the new upgrades. I read elsewhere and agree that a lot of fans know the inner workings and make it not as exciting. I think a new effect here and there would give a refreshing feel.

I just hope that it will be ready on time for my Sept. trip!

Is it true that there will be a day version & a night version :veryconfu - I read that somewhere.

:wave:

Same here, not sure how it would make a difference other then the que line. Once your inside you really can't tell if it's day or night outside.

raven

I'm just happy to be at WDW on our next trip the day it is supposed to reopen. I'm gonna get to MK extra early just to try to be the first public guest on the official openning day.

Who's with me? :sohappy:

wbt06

if i dont go this month then i am taking a trip on the 13th or 14th. my b day is the 14th so it will be a nice present. lol

pixiedust629

However, ironically, on a single LP record, a fixed point on the edge of the disc travels much faster than a point that is closer to the spindle.

Seriously. It's travelling a further distance in the same amount of time.

:eek:

maybe the record's rotation gradually slows as the needle moves out from the spindle?

and even still, if you are considering the point on the edge to be separate from the point near the spindle- that is to say that they are unconnected and do not play from one to the other- then they are each playing at their own rate, which doesn't really mean that one spins faster than the other, just that they spin on two separate tracks at relative speeds. So it wouldn't be the same as applying it to a single track, but it would be more applicable if we were talking about two.

erasure fan1

LOL! The HM will be a little scarier but not wild.
So the corkscrew and loop the food court lady told me about are not going to happen?:lookaroun

jmvd20 said:
Yes that would be true, however the last time I was there the doombuggies were upgraded from records to CD's. :lookaroun
That sounds like disney, upgrade to CD when you could have gone mp-3.:lol:

Put all the DB's on a spiral? :shrug:

I am looking forward to the new upgrades. I read elsewhere and agree that a lot of fans know the inner workings and make it not as exciting. I think a new effect here and there would give a refreshing feel.

Same here, not sure how it would make a difference other then the que line. Once your inside you really can't tell if it's day or night outside.

I agree with the KingofHearts. I do hope it is scarier. I have been to the Haunted Mansions at Disneyland and Walt Disney World and the Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris. And my favorite is the one at Disneyland Paris, if only because it seems to be scarier than the ones at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.

Maybe that staircase part of the ride makes you feel like your dropping down the staires. Like a huge fan blowing your hair back and theres a screen that makes it look like your falling. Like the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure?:shrug: Who knows, only time will tell. I cant wait!!

Lee

Adventurer
Other than the same old "falling backwards out of the attic" there will be no falling in the Mansion. Nor will there be any increase in speed. :rolleyes:

fyn

I think there's a tendancy for someone to say "I think it would be cool if...<idea>", which then brings another person who says "Wait, they're putting in <idea>?", and then everyone has to do 5 pages of rumor damage control.

fyn

What does a shellfish sound like? :lookaroun

sebastian.jpg

No?

spoodles

However, ironically, on a single LP record, a fixed point on the edge of the disc travels much faster than a point that is closer to the spindle.

Seriously. It's travelling a further distance in the same amount of time.

:eek:

Yes, but do you know the average number of grooves on one side of an LP?

ghostlyguitar

Yes, but do you know the average number of grooves on one side of an LP?

One groove per side! :)

As for the thrillin' Mansion...without an entirely new ride system, it can't happen. I think the idea of the new staircase scene and its possible spooks got stretched a bit too far.

-Adam-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom