Thoughts on Ohana Character Breakfast

mickeymousefan

Original Poster
I have a two year old who loves watching lilo and stitch and we were contemplating eating breakfast at Ohana on our next trip. However we have not eaten there before and are not sure if anyone would recommend it. Please help us decide if it would be a new restaurant to try.

Ariel484

The food is really, really good there. Since it's a character/all-you-can-eat breakfast it's pretty expensive.

If you're really focused on the characters, be careful about what time you go. In January my husband and I were one of the last seatings for breakfast and were not visited by a single character. We didn't want to stick around because it was our last day and we wanted to get to the parks, but still...sort of ridiculous to pay the character breakfast price and not even see the characters. There's a little parade for the kids periodically so that might be fun for your son - they basically walk around the restaurant with the characters and shake maracas.

lostpro9het

3 times for us at breakfast and enjoyed every one. The food and drink is very good and of course the characters are fun too. We'd go there just for the breakfast personally.

Bocko57

The food is great. We have gone about 5 years in a row with and without the kids. Also during breakfast they do a little parade with the kids inside the restaurant. It's a great character breakfast. I highly recommend it for everyone.

DisneyGigi

Love Ohana Breakfast. We used to do Chef Mickey's every year but the characters were always so rushed we felt like we never really got that much interaction. At Ohana each character came by several times and spent lots of time with each one of our family of 4. It is great! I love it. We go early like 7:30.

whitney37354

O'hana breakfast was the best character breakfast on our first trip as far as food goes. There was good character interaction as well. DD loved being in the parade around the restaurant & shaking the maraca.

ginadee

This became my new favorite character breakfast. Loved the way they did the food and the characters were great.
IMG_0942.JPG

Its like buffet but they bring it all to you.

IMG_0951.JPG

ninjaprincesst

My 15 year old still loves Ohana. We always go early (7:35 am this year). We almost always get seated right where the characters come out and are one of the first ones to see the characters. The food is very good, yes it's expensive but he pineapple bread alone is worth the price.

DABIGCHEEZ

IMO, not one of the better Character breakfasts, unless Family Style cold eggs, sausage, potatoes and hard,cold Mickey waffles are your thing, even after explaining and asking for another HOT skillet/platter. Over the years, we have been to most character Buffets(and most many times over). Much better character buffet choices IMO. Character interaction was goo though, except for Pluto. That being said... it was possibly an off day for the food and service, but we will not go back.

However,if your kids love Lilo and Stich... that is all that matters right, they will love it and that in turn will make you love it.

71dsp

Ohana for breakfast is a must do for us on all our trips. Food is good, character interaction is good, and my son still likes it even though he's 9. :D Never had a bad experience there (Crystal Palace breakfast is another story)! Go for it.

We stayed at poly five years ago (kids were 3, 5 and 8) and did this as our last morning because I thought it would be a fun way to end that was easy. We all loved it. Having the food brought to the tables was great. It was plentiful. Was it great food? It was good enough, no complaints. But the characters were the best we saw onsite and we did 3 other character meals (incl CRT, CP, and CM)
My kids are 8-10-13 this time and they all requested it. Even when I explained that staying at the BWI made it a little tougher, they opted to hit it very early one day before MK opens. They wanted this above all other meals.

The characters have a parade through the restaurant and invite all the kids (or anyone really) to go with them, but they also go table to table and I must say that they spend so much time with the kids. LILO was so sweet with my son, and stitch was hilarious. At one point we realized Mickey hadn't visited, told a waitress, and he stopped by within five minutes.

Every time I mention to the kids that it is an early ADR, and ask if they want to cancel or book somewhere else, they all beg me not to and say they can't wait to go back.

DisneyDebNJ

We always enjoy 'Ohana for breakfast. Its pretty standard fare (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, waffles) but the interaction with the characters (especially Stitch, what a riot) and if the restaurant isn't really busy (usually later seatings) the characters really interact with you.

rob0519

We like Ohana for breakfast. The food is good and the character interaction is good as well. We've done almost all the character breakfasts, and while they are expensive, we've never been disappointed by any of them.

stevehousse

Go for it! The characters are great and the food is too! That juice is to die for!!! We hve always gone to ohana breakfast for every trip an only one time had an experience that wasn't satisfactory, which dealt with the character interaction, but the food is always good!

lebeau

We have done it twice.

The first time, we really enjoyed it.

The second time, the food wasn't as good and the service was very poor.

Also, I just wanted to point out that a 2-year-old who loves Lilo and Stitch may not love meeting the gigantic versions of them in the parks.

My suggestion: Make the reservation for later in your trip. Test the two-year-old's character tolerance. Meeting Stitch isn't all that hard. If they don't like meeting the characters, cancel breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom