Thought I heard it all! Ride rumors!!!

ThankstoMOM

Original Poster
HAHAHAHAHAHA Lovin' this thread!!!! :D You don't have to convince me on this B.S. Any one with any portion of there brain left could figure this one out. Just can't believe why people make up crap like this, beside to make me laugh. Can't blame bro-in-laws gullibility, he's only been to the world twice in his life. He's still a rookie. His 1st trip was 2010 and he was 32. But he's hooked now;)

emcclay

This thread is going to give me nightmares. For someone who isn't a fan of TOT, I recently "survived" back row middle seat..

matt9112

That's kind of a running joke in the forums after someone claimed the ride system originally did that.

dumb question....the TOT is still a real elevator right? on one of those specials they said its just like a normal elevator but with much more powerful motors to pick you up fast?

The Empress Lilly

Originally the cars were supposed to be move outside for the finale, one giant drop in the open air. But to save a few pennies, cheap TDO removed this feature at the last minute. :rolleyes:

Too late to adjust the advertising and billboards, which promoted the original design:

8445156957_366cdea11e_b.jpg

The Empress Lilly

dumb question....the TOT is still a real elevator right? on one of those specials they said its just like a normal elevator but with much more powerful motors to pick you up fast?
No, they are not real elevators. Those completely lack the necessary power.

ToT's elevators are powered by special engines in the cellar. When the elevator comes lurching at you it does so with the power of a 747 engine. So gigantic are the engines in fact, that if ToT and RnRC would start at the same time there would be a power outage. So both rides are programmed to start at different times.

matt9112

Originally the cars were supposed to be move outside for the finale, one giant drop in the open air. But to save a few pennies, cheap TDO removed this feature at the last minute. :rolleyes:

Too late to adjust the advertising and billboards, which promoted the original design:

8445156957_366cdea11e_b.jpg

where do you get all these old photos from?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Can you imagine being the cast member assigned to ride on top of the elevator all day in order to pull guests up on top of the elevator through the trap door. And think about the size of her biceps!!!

lego606

MagicBandit
So my brother-in-law says to me, (knowing DW and I are Disney know it alls) that his co-workers swears that on ToT at WDW if you sit in a specific seat before you enter the drop shaft that CMs pull people out of there seat threw a trap door in ceiling to scare other riders into thinking they disappear??? He said its the top row middle seat, and that it has happened to him. I said BS big time, major BS!! Never ever heard of this. He even just texted me saying this kids swears by it, after I told him to tell his buddy he's full of Sh**. Best worst rumor ever! I hope!

And then you join King Louie in the Twilight Zone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom