Those darn grand prix cars!

Chefjason1974

Original Poster
OK, i just got back from WDW. I have to say that after bashing the Grand Prix in tommorowland that i can see the value of this ride. Sure the wait is a horrible & uncomfortable long line in the humid Sun with carbon monoxide fumes all around you. But, when i looked at the pics my wife took of me & my 4 year old daughter (who was allowed to operate the steering wheel) I can see why this ride is pure Disney. My daughter had such a great time & when i looked at the picture i remember when i was a kid & thought how cool it was to be able to operate a steering wheel on a car that usually only grown ups were allowed to use. I take back all of the bad things that i have said about this ride in the past! This ride is worth keeping.

Just thought i would share this thought, because i'm glad my daughter gets to grow up with the magic of WDW just like me.

Enough of this sentiment for now, share your thoughts please!

Thrawn

Account Suspended
I agree with you that it should be kept. However, its not in the right spot. Bring it to Epcot near Test Track or something. Its just not 'magical' enough for the MK.

WDWFREAK53

...oh do I have an idea for this area... *shakes head*

HIRE ME WDI...I WON'T LET YOU DOWN! :lol:

(BTW...glad to see that your daughter had a great time...and that you seeing her have a great time made you feel special inside! That's so nice to hear! :wave: Thanks for sharing that with us!)

AllThatsJoey

They should make the cars look mad futuristic and crazy....that would make it more cool. And put buttons on the passenger side that when pressed make really loud crazy noises. YEAH!

iluvstitch

I thought this ride was really cool as a kid because it wasn't like the usually "old fashioned" cars at other parks, they were race cars.

I think as an adult the novelty of driving a car wears off a little when you are forced to do it everyday. :lol:

cherrynegra

To be honest, I really don't like this attraction and I think it's just taking up space that could be used for some other attraction. However, it's appeal on others isn't lost to me. I know why other like it.

Disneyland1970

I agree they need to stay. Maybe they can go to an electric powered car with the sounds of a gas engine or whatever else would go along with the new theme....Also more shade for the line!

My 4yr daughter loves them also!

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Disneyland1970
I agree they need to stay. Maybe they can go to an electric powered car with the sounds of a gas engine or whatever else would go along with the new theme....Also more shade for the line!

My 4yr daughter loves them also!

Well, if you're going to keep with the theme of a grand prix...don't switch to electric cars...because the smell of the gas engines is part of the theming...(now if they could only keep it confined to the attraction itself :lol: )

Figment1986

Make a deal with Hess to sponsor a rehab with this version and make it more like the DL counterpart, the autopia.....

Fun, fast/slow, exciting, entertaining, and cleaner motors...

I hope this could happen.

Becky

Originally posted by Chefjason1974
OK, i just got back from WDW. I have to say that after bashing the Grand Prix in tommorowland that i can see the value of this ride. . But, when i looked at the pics my wife took of me & my 4 year old daughter I can see why this ride is pure Disney. My daughter had such a great time were allowed to use. I take back all of the bad things that i have said about this ride in the past! This ride is worth keeping.

Just thought i would share this thought, because i'm glad my daughter gets to grow up with the magic of WDW just like me.

Enough of this sentiment for now, share your thoughts please!

I have sat for over an hour and watched the joy on the faces of little children "driving" the cars:cool: :D If the age for "driving" them was 15 or 16 I would say get rid of them, but as long as they bring joy to the children and us children at heart who watch then I say keep them forever:)

By the way 9 out of 10 kids wave back as I sit and wave to them:cool: And there smiles are a mile wide:D :D

An added thought. Since it is basically a childrens ride it is exactally where it belongs
:animwink:

AndyP

)Its not such a great ride if your not a kid, but if it makes so many of them happy, why not ? (As long as they have enough space to build new E-ticket rides that is, otherwise move it! :lol:

DDuckFan130

I tend to ride this if the lines are not as long or if we've ridden all we've wanted to ride. Yes, the ride goes slow but I don't know there's just something fun about it. I do think the ride should stay, but they should fix it up...if they made it like DL's autopia then it would be fantastic :D

BG Rugger

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
...oh do I have an idea for this area... *shakes head*

HIRE ME WDI...I WON'T LET YOU DOWN! :lol:

(BTW...glad to see that your daughter had a great time...and that you seeing her have a great time made you feel special inside! That's so nice to hear! :wave: Thanks for sharing that with us!)

Maybe I missed it somewhere else, but whats the idea???????

WDWHeadBanger

I do not personally like the ride. I do think it takes up space. However I think that it could/should be moved or maybe should have been placed somewhere else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom