This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

Brer Panther

The videos include parade taping highlights: Han Solo added to a Star Wars section, Baymax and Hiro will appear, steam-punk Maleficent will appear, the never-say-die Castle Float with Anna and Elsa on it will appear along with little girls, Olaf is on Kristoff's float, Kristoff is in Anna/Elsa's carriage, Aladdin/Jasmine on horseback, Merida and Queen Elinor on horseback, Ariel/Eric in a carriage, Louis in front of Tiana/Naveen in carriage, Snow & Prince along with Rapunzel and Flynn in the gazebo float, Belle/Beast on Princess Festival of Fantasy float (I'm assuming Aurora/Phillip and Cinderella/Prince Charming also but they weren't shown), Cinderella carriage from new Cinderella movie appears, Tim Tebow and Robin Roberts are hosting, Olaf and a huge group of young women will sing "In Summer" in the hub .... all of the above was from the Walt Disney World/Magic Kingdom portion. No idea what happened at Disneyland. Oh, Penguins from Club Penguin on Olaf's Christmas Parade float.

So the parade actually features OTHER Disney characters? Thank goodness...

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
As I understand it, the parade's new director this year wanted the vibe to be closer to that of the Macy's parade, which would explain why they got a morning show cohost and a college football analyst to oversee things, as opposed to someone like NPH who'd give them a big opening number.

One of the segments this year (maybe the opening?) involves Elsa "freezing" all of Main Street and making it snow. So prepare yourselves for some CGI.

tenchikiss

So I wonder if the parade itself will be more Frozen themed or just the tv presentation of it?
22.gif
22.gif

The Christmas Party parade really felt very Frozen-y. I know things run different for the taping and what is viewed on Christmas Day but when I watched the Parade at the Christmas Party on Thursday it was like "Frozen...and some other people". So many other characters were forced to just walk and dance instead of being on their floats this year. I know change is good and Disney is going with what is popular but there was a disconnect with the parade this year. Especially if you have seen the parade before. It was still fun to watch but changes like Wreck it Ralph went over better to me than the Frozen overload. Maybe if they just had Anna and Elsa on one float it would be better. But I can see how it could be presented as Frozen Parade WOOHOO time on TV based on what I saw.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The Christmas Party parade really felt very Frozen-y. I know things run different for the taping and what is viewed on Christmas Day but when I watched the Parade at the Christmas Party on Thursday it was like "Frozen...and some other people". So many other characters were forced to just walk and dance instead of being on their floats this year. I know change is good and Disney is going with what is popular but there was a disconnect with the parade this year. Especially if you have seen the parade before. It was still fun to watch but changes like Wreck it Ralph went over better to me than the Frozen overload. Maybe if they just had Anna and Elsa on one float it would be better. But I can see how it could be presented as Frozen Parade WOOHOO time on TV based on what I saw.
I thought Anna And Elsa had one float. Did they have more then one this year?

mm52200

They did. But Olaf had a float and Kristoff had a float too. Plus all the dancers and what not in between.
Literally though all of the dancers and skaters in between except for the new ice men have always been in the parade. Same costumes, same soundtrack, same redressed floats, literally just the addition of a few new characters. Honestly this makes sense and are a great way of refreshing the parade a bit. People are never happy, either the parade is stale and old or when it is slightly refreshed a little people complain about it. The characters are a natural fit for the winter wonderland section of the parade, and they're new unique characters like Olaf and Kristoff too.

Next Big Thing

My mom mentioned last night how she was getting a bit sick of Frozen while we were in MK. In the same breath, she also said, it's likely because we're locals and we've been around for everything Frozen they've put in the parks since before the movie even came out.

Us as fans and locals who visit frequently, I get being annoyed by it. But the guests seemed to be consistently eating it up. I saw AT LEAST 5-6 girls dressed as Anna alone and others dressed as Elsa while in park yesterday, the M&G wait time was 120 mins and the crowd seem to love the Frozen castle lighting ceremony.

WDW isn't catering to the fans like us. They're catering to what makes them money. Frozen makes them more than any company could ever expect to make off of a franchise.

mikenatcity1

I had not seen the actual filming before this year. On Tuesday I stumbled upon the filming when we went to MK. We watched the filming of the Frozen section (Kristoff, Olaf, and the castle float with kids and Anna/Elsa). It took a long time to film that section.

Something that makes me curious- the castle had the Frozen stage and decor up and had filmed on it. On Friday, they were filming another musical act (both in English and Spanish) but with completely different decor (no Frozen). Would anyone catch that it's the castle but decorated 2 very different ways? And, if anyone knows, who was it? (The response from many cast members was funny- no one knew, 1 said must be a D-lister).

LL2WDW

Something that makes me curious- the castle had the Frozen stage and decor up and had filmed on it. On Friday, they were filming another musical act (both in English and Spanish) but with completely different decor (no Frozen). Would anyone catch that it's the castle but decorated 2 very different ways? And, if anyone knows, who was it? (The response from many cast members was funny- no one knew, 1 said must be a D-lister).

The second filming to which you are referring is actually for a holiday special on Disney Channel in Latin America. Unrelated to the Frozen Christmas Celebration.

pumpkin7

I am not surprised by this at all.
Frozen has taken over the universe.
People are going crazy over the Frozen dolls. They're this years biggest sellers.

Well, if they do get Indina Menzel doing it, just make sure she isn't within 100 yards of Michael Buble. We had this lovely performance of their new song on our X Factor (Sorry about the video, I would post the official one but I'm not sure you could watch it in the US.) It starts off shakey, then Indina just goes to pot.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Menzel was sharp for much of the first verse.

Nevertheless, the performance was enjoyable- the two of them ooze chemistry and sexual tension.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom