This year's Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade will be based around 'Frozen'

Kman101

Looks like Ariana Grande. Yuck. Alex and Sierra whoever they are? From the Voice I guess? And I saw a video of some girl I didn't recognize singing Let it Go with a choir and some guy I didn't recognize singing Feliz Navidad. So a bunch of nobodies that anyone over the age of 25 (and that's probably stretching) wouldn't recognize. Way to go Disney.

I found Attractions Magazine has some videos up of the taping on their website. Worth looking at. Sorry for the plug for that website, but I figure some would be interested in seeing the taping aspect.

The videos include parade taping highlights: Han Solo added to a Star Wars section, Baymax and Hiro will appear, steam-punk Maleficent will appear, the never-say-die Castle Float with Anna and Elsa on it will appear along with little girls, Olaf is on Kristoff's float, Kristoff is in Anna/Elsa's carriage, Aladdin/Jasmine on horseback, Merida and Queen Elinor on horseback, Ariel/Eric in a carriage, Louis in front of Tiana/Naveen in carriage, Snow & Prince along with Rapunzel and Flynn in the gazebo float, Belle/Beast on Princess Festival of Fantasy float (I'm assuming Aurora/Phillip and Cinderella/Prince Charming also but they weren't shown), Cinderella carriage from new Cinderella movie appears, Tim Tebow and Robin Roberts are hosting, Olaf and a huge group of young women will sing "In Summer" in the hub .... all of the above was from the Walt Disney World/Magic Kingdom portion. No idea what happened at Disneyland. Oh, Penguins from Club Penguin on Olaf's Christmas Parade float.

Whew. Long run on sentence there ...

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Looks like Ariana Grande. Yuck. Alex and Sierra whoever they are? From the Voice I guess? And I saw a video of some girl I didn't recognize singing Let it Go with a choir and some guy I didn't recognize singing Feliz Navidad. So a bunch of nobodies that anyone over the age of 25 (and that's probably stretching) wouldn't recognize. Way to go Disney.

I found Attractions Magazine has some videos up of the taping on their website. Worth looking at. Sorry for the plug for that website, but I figure some would be interested in seeing the taping aspect.

The videos include parade taping highlights: Han Solo added to a Star Wars section, Baymax and Hiro will appear, steam-punk Maleficent will appear, the never-say-die Castle Float with Anna and Elsa on it will appear along with little girls, Olaf is on Kristoff's float, Kristoff is in Anna/Elsa's carriage, Aladdin/Jasmine on horseback, Merida and Queen Elinor on horseback, Ariel/Eric in a carriage, Louis in front of Tiana/Naveen in carriage, Snow & Prince along with Rapunzel and Flynn in the gazebo float, Belle/Beast on Princess Festival of Fantasy float (I'm assuming Aurora/Phillip and Cinderella/Prince Charming also but they weren't shown), Cinderella carriage from new Cinderella movie appears, Tim Tebow and Robin Roberts are hosting, Olaf and a huge group of young women will sing "In Summer" in the hub .... all of the above was from the Walt Disney World/Magic Kingdom portion. No idea what happened at Disneyland. Oh, Penguins from Club Penguin on Olaf's Christmas Parade float.

Whew. Long run on sentence there ...

You forgot Tim Tebow.

LL2WDW

Would you like to borrow my stick so you can shake it at the kids as you yell at them to get off your lawn?

Kman101

LOL. I'm far from old but I don't recognize any of them. Hope you were just joking and not jumping on me for not recognizing them. I of course recognize Ariana Grande. I just don't like her.

Kman101

And the tweens know who Lexi Walker and Prince Royce are? I'm just sort of surprised by the lack of actual names they aren't able to get. Sadly, Ariana is the closest. I've heard of Alex and Sierra but still ... lol. Just eh. They're all very talented though.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well they are bargain basement celebrities, Now because of budget cuts Disney can only invite E-List celebrities (Celebrities who do not get invited to Hollywood parties no matter what)...

Could have been worse though, Disney could have invited X-List celebrities like the Kardashians...

ABQ

Can't say I'm a fan of any of the so called celebs, however Ariana Grande is pretty big at this time, and it's nice to see them steal someone from Nick rather than drag out some "soon-to-be-freak-show-result-of-being-a-Disney-Channel-tween-star-on-the-road-to-crazytown" entertainer. Or does Tebow's time on ESPN put him in that category.

Next Big Thing

And the tweens know who Lexi Walker and Prince Royce are? I'm just sort of surprised by the lack of actual names they aren't able to get. Sadly, Ariana is the closest. I've heard of Alex and Sierra but still ... lol. Just eh. They're all very talented though.
The tweens are Lexi Walker's main audience actually. She's a Youtube Star. Prince Royce is a Latin Singer... he was also part of the Times Square tree lighting event.

I'd think that they'd want to try and get someone like Pentatonix though. They've gotten pretty big within the past year and have a Christmas album out.

Next Big Thing

It should also be noted that a reason for less musical guests/celebrities at WDW this year could very well be that they used Aulani to film some segments. Sarah Hyland (from Modern Family), Gavin Degraw and Lauren Marano filmed musical segments there on December 4th, likely with Samantha Brown as the Aulani host if I had to guess.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Just heard Fantasmic is being changed to Frozentasmic. The water lagoon will be changed to ice. Elsa will appear and fight off the several Arendelle villains including the Duke of Weasletown before he transforms into the Dragon of Weasletown. At the finale, Anna will be driving Kristoff's sleigh with all the characters following closely behind. Elsa will then appear at the top of the mountain in her ice dress and then magically appear on the bottom of the stage in her "coronation" dress before uttering that classic phrase: "Some, magical ice powers, huh? Uh huh."

See it in your mind and you will find that you'll love Frozen
Mysteries and magic, ice castles fantastic.............

Sorry no matter untainted top appearance, the lift is... well... You know.... :confused:

Kman101

It should also be noted that a reason for less musical guests/celebrities at WDW this year could very well be that they used Aulani to film some segments. Sarah Hyland (from Modern Family), Gavin Degraw and Lauren Marano filmed musical segments there on December 4th, likely with Samantha Brown as the Aulani host if I had to guess.

Ah. OK. Makes sense.

drew81

Ariana Grande is on my bad list. I am sure Disney Management wouldn't want a certain story about her and her friends getting out to the media.

I can't stand her and especially her "friends".

Kman101

It seems a lot of people are becoming less interested in her as time goes on. I'm not reading many good things about her.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom