this rumor has gained legs......Pepsi

ABQ

I have from a very very good source that Pepsi will be making a strong push back into theme parks specially Disney world. With Pepsi being the soda beverage of shanghai Disneyland has put a spark back into Pepsi so expect some announcement soon.
Uh oh......pitch forks and torches from many if Beverly is removed. Odd though with the new Coke store in Disney Springs.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Not for nothing, but didn't they not allow Fuji Film to build a ride/have Fuji Film offered because it directly competed with Kodak in Epcot? Is this not quasi-similar?

Lets keep in mind that just because they have an agreement in Shanghai to have Pepsi products that means nothing here. Coca Cola has had this wrapped up for a very long time and isn't likely to give it up any time soon.

No Name

There was a day when they used to offer both Coke and Pepsi at the parks. I don't like these exclusive deals, so I'd be in favor of Coke and Pepsi coexisting at the resort. I wouldn't want Pepsi to replace Coke, if that's what this rumor is.

Though I'm more of a lemonade person anyway. And I don't know much about it, but I really don't think Pepsi will be coming back to the US parks anytime soon.

Not for nothing, but didn't they not allow Fuji Film to build a ride/have Fuji Film offered because it directly competed with Kodak in Epcot? Is this not quasi-similar?

Well not exactly. Kodak, who sponsored the Imagination pavillion, didn't let Disney build a Mount Fuji ride at the Japan pavillion because their competitor company is named Fujufilm. The ride wouldn't have been sponsored by Fugifilm or have had anything to do with that company. Kodak just didn't want a ride with a part of their competitor's name in it.

So that's the story. I'm sure that's not the full reason the ride wasn't built, but that's how Kodak is strongly rumored to have been involved. I actually understand why Kodak was against that. Anyway, I like the story, but I don't see it being similar to this Pepsi thing.

Last edited:

FerretAfros

I've always heard the rumor that the Mt Fuji coaster (regardless of sponsor) was nixed by Kodak, but it sure sounds more like an urban legend than a real reason. Disney has had Coke and Pepsi in the same park before without incident. For many years, Disneyland operated with Pepsi on the west side and Coke on the east:
goldenhorseshoe7-63.jpg

coketerrace_stageup1969bn.jpg

From my understanding, MK had a similar arrangement when it opened, though I'm not sure how long it lasted. The Country Bears where original sponsored by Pepsi and Frito Lay, which is why Henry mentions "We've got a lot to give" (a play on the "Pepsi's got a lot to give" ad campaign) early in the show, while Refreshment Corner (now Casey's Corner) has always been sponsored by Coke
country bears.jpg

WDW74_108_COKE_CORNER.jpg

Rodan75

Pepsi could be making a push for non-Pepsi branded drinks in the parks. Making Gatorade available in the parks could be a small win, I know they have a few other non-soft drink brands that could be put into the coolers and made available. I find it hard to believe they would swap out or even add Pepsi soft drinks to the fountain machines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom