Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

jt04

I wish it was by Thanksgiving, but I know that won't happen. We went to DS last night around 5:30 and both garages were filled to capacity with only a handful of spots open in surface parking behind Cirque. If it isn't done by the time the first wave of Christmas tourists get here then they are utterly hosed.

Oh, I always like to remind people that some on these magical boards predicted D S would me a colossal failure.

😂

MotherOfBirds

Was the Orange garage really filled to capacity? I've found that 99% of the time they have the signs fixed to say "garage full" when in fact it isn't. Unless there is a physical barricade preventing you from going inside, do it.
They were immediately turning people around who went into Lime. I know this because I tried. There were people leaving from the upper levels at a decent pace, but no one was being let in. All signage said the garages were full and were directing people to surface parking. I'm sure it being right at dinnertime had something to do with it, but DS was packed until well past eight nonetheless.

MotherOfBirds

Oh, I always like to remind people that some on these magical boards predicted D S would me a colossal failure.

😂

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

As always, I prefer a more measured approach. The revamp is prettier, has more stores, great dining options, better foot traffic flow, and a better parking system. But, there are still issues with rent/tenants as well as dining prices skewing decidedly towards the $$$ category.

jt04

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."

As always, I prefer a more measured approach. The revamp is prettier, has more stores, great dining options, better foot traffic flow, and a better parking system. But, there are still issues with rent/tenants as well as dining prices skewing decidedly towards the $$$ category.

With that much retail there will always be churn.

And they continue to work hard to have great dining options for every income level.

Personally I hope the future brings more entertainment. Still the weakest element in my opinion.

briangaw

With that much retail there will always be churn.

And they continue to work hard to have great dining options for every income level.

Personally I hope the future brings more entertainment. Still the weakest element in my opinion.

100% agreed. It is still the weakest element. It exists and most heavily on the West Side, but even with Cirque back it is still lacking. Need more to do outside of dine and shop. It appears they realize it and are putting in NBA experience and hopefully will continue the entertainment growth. And the night life too. There are bars and now the Edison, but there really is no night life. Obviously don't need a Pleasure Island repeat, but with the Dance Hall closed at Boardwalk anyone who wants a night out on vacation is pushed off Disney property but for Edison

jt04

100% agreed. It is still the weakest element. It exists and most heavily on the West Side, but even with Cirque back it is still lacking. Need more to do outside of dine and shop. It appears they realize it and are putting in NBA experience and hopefully will continue the entertainment growth. And the night life too. There are bars and now the Edison, but there really is no night life. Obviously don't need a Pleasure Island repeat, but with the Dance Hall closed at Boardwalk anyone who wants a night out on vacation is pushed off Disney property but for Edison

Do you know how the Edison is doing?

we were talking about someplace on property to offer fondue and that might be the perfect location if they are having small crowd problems.

Also seems like a great place for live music. Never hear much about it.

briangaw

Do you know how the Edison is doing?

we were talking about someplace on property to offer fondue and that might be the perfect location if they are having small crowd problems.

Also seems like a great place for live music. Never hear much about it.

Sadly I don't have a clue how they are doing. I'm sure someone around here does though.

mm121

They might as well start digging foundations for the 4th garage. Cirque will be here before they know it.

I was thinking the same thing, that a 4th garage will be needed sooner rather than later

I'd put it on the south side of lbv behind the hess station, that location could be linked into the i-4 ramp without much difficulty.

mm121

I was thinking the same thing, that a 4th garage will be needed sooner rather than later

I'd put it on the south side of lbv behind the hess station, that location could be linked into the i-4 ramp without much difficulty.
While I'm sure a 4th garage is still a ways off, if they built it just south of the new 3rd garage the two could be connected together (The green line) to enable good pedestrian access so employees for the West side could access the more southern existing pedestrian bridge

Also the 4th garage could have a direct connection to the i-4 ramp

View attachment 315676

4th garage coming soon

Screenshot_20180922-200128.jpg

jt04

After the crowds I experienced on Black Friday, I fully believe it.

I actually think that is a real leak.

Just guessing but wouldn't be surprised if companies are pressuring the mouse for more venue space.

Do we dare start speculating about Disney Springs expansion plans?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

We can speculate that WDW is going to use human pneumatic tubes for transportation. But, it'd be better if an insider can give us actual plans, as eternally shifting as they may be.

mm121

I actually think that is a real leak.

Just guessing but wouldn't be surprised if companies are pressuring the mouse for more venue space.

True that pic isn't based on any real information just was proposing a logical location for a 4th garage. As that space wouldn't be logical for retail expansion.

Would be awesome to see a reincarnation of the Hyperian Warf idea but in the locationof the west side parking lot instead of the old pleasdure island which is now the landing.

This location could be used for some actual entertainment destinations as they have shopping and dining pretty well covered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom